Prediction 2021 West Coast Nostradamus thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding was that a big part of the recently announced and agreed upon squad wide pay cut was that the club would not go after a big name player this off season or next.
There was a bit of an out to that...

It is understood that as part of the Eagles' players agreeing to a more significant financial hit, they were assured that the money was not being kept to spend on luring another high-priced recruit to the club unless West Coast was to free its own space by unexpectedly losing key players.

My top five in b and f

1 Shep
2 Ryan
3 Naitanui
4 Kelly
5 Allen

Allen to kick more goals than JK.
Witherden to play 15+ games.
Brander to play 10+ games.
Finish 3rd in home and away season
Get to at least 3rd week of finals
Yeo player of the finals.

There was a bit of an out to that...

It is understood that as part of the Eagles' players agreeing to a more significant financial hit, they were assured that the money was not being kept to spend on luring another high-priced recruit to the club unless West Coast was to free its own space by unexpectedly losing key players.

Lets just say if we get to half way through the season and Cripps and Duggan havent re-signed........I'll be getting nervous.

Duggan still out of contract end of 2021?:(:$

WC win the Flag
Duggan and Gaff both traded back to Victoria.
WC heads to the draft with an amazing hand and wins another flag before Freo😀

Werent we talking aboutthe SPP period before round 1?
The Sam Powell-Pepper period?

Or did you mean the Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)?

WC win the Flag
Duggan and Gaff both traded back to Victoria.
WC heads to the draft with an amazing hand and wins another flag before Freo😀
To be honest. Love Gaff, but at 28 he's starting that downhill, less productive, still paid lot period of his career. If I had to lose one of them, it'd be him.

The Sam Powell-Pepper period?

Or did you mean the Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)?

To be honest. Love Gaff, but at 28 he's starting that downhill, less productive, still paid lot period of his career. If I had to lose one of them, it'd be him.
Agree, Duggan is about to go Yeo level in 2021. Don't want to lose him now.

My completely facetious list of predictions:

- Nic Nat to play 50% of game time every week. Club swears he is the fittest he has ever been. Gets given a month off in September due to sheer exhaustion

-Our medical team to win international recognition for being super awesome and not in any way incompetent

-Yeo to play again.......in 2022. SJOG injury report swears he is a week away for 20 weeks in a row

-Masten comes out of retirement to rejoin the team. Lays a team record of 40 tackles in a game

-Simpson gets so furious at the boys for lack of effort over this season he is actually sent off for anger management classes

-Darling finally moves to the midfield. Ends up leading the league in contested possessions

- Cripps picks up every ground ball below his knees without a single fumble. No, seriously

- The longer Duggans mullet gets, the more beastly he plays. Is later revealed to be Sampson, reincarnated

-TK to put up career best numbers. Was later revealed that the club threatened to ship him back to Geelong to room-mate with that flog Dangerfield if he didn't perform. Tim duly delivers

-Wille parleys his notoriety into creating his own medical marijuana company. His unique Tiwi island strain starts saving lives. Wins Nobel prize

-JK grows his beard to epic proportions. Is later found out to have been courted for a remake of ZZ Top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rotham to play more than 12 games ..
Trew , LEdwards and Winder to get debut games ..
AhChee to take a Mark of the Year contender..
Top 8
Port Power
Lions
Saints
Wce
Tigers
Melb
Cats
Bulldogs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
AhChee almost takes a contender for MOTY every second game. I mean one has to stick eventually right? Surely?

Hub life will probably decide our year, we may be East again lots of the year and we all know out of our comfort zone we struggle.
Are we hungry and by that I mean really hungry to succeed, what is success to this group? Being competitive they have shown the last two years is enough.
We really are a hard group to read, I know what Richmond, Geelong and co will bring but with us you never know.
I am thinking that it’s not beyond us to win it but the more likely scenario is a low part of the top 8.

Hub life will probably decide our year, we may be East again lots of the year and we all know out of our comfort zone we struggle.
Are we hungry and by that I mean really hungry to succeed, what is success to this group? Being competitive they have shown the last two years is enough.
We really are a hard group to read, I know what Richmond, Geelong and co will bring but with us you never know.
I am thinking that it’s not beyond us to win it but the more likely scenario is a low part of the top 8.

If we hub we need to make sure it is in Adelaide. Melbourne the second option. We need to ensure we don't hub in Queensland and play at night. Last year we were exposed to the conditions we like least more than we usually are. We are a dry deck team and dewy Queensland nights are the worst for us.

Are we hungry. History would suggest that when the chips are down we come up short. This is the last chance for some of them. Are they happy with what they have? I think Gaff, Nic and Shep deserve it so much.

Flyin Ryan to win Mark of the Year.
Kennedy to retire mid season.
Vardy to ping an ACL
Trew to play 5 games
Duggan to go the man bun.

Finish somewhere between 6th to 11th, factors being no Yeo, potential hubs, Freo improvement meaning we can't bank two derby wins. (We can win it, but need these things to go our way).
Agreed with someone's earlier post about Yeo missing almost half a season.
JK and Hurn to retire at seasons end.
Rotham to play every game, and become gun defender.
Cameron mystery to continue, barely see or hear him mentioned all year.
Brander to start slowly but find his confidence and finish the season strongly.
No draft debutants this year.

Such a tough season and team to predict at present given the hub, and improvement of a few other teams outside the usual suspects, including Freo.
Am finding it hard to seperate a prediction of reality vs. my hopes and dreams and preseason positivity?
*TK, Sheed, Allen, Waterman, Duggan, Ryan all improve..
*AhChee finally takes a speccy then retires having reached the pinnacle of his career?
*JK and NN very managed time..Shuey managed more.
*Fair chance we can't bank on 2 derbies, but at our best we should?
*Yeo returns later in season.
*Cameron, Willy return later..
*We whack Tigers at Optus (coz they deserve it)
*We whack Pies at Optus (coz they deserve it), then we whack 'em again at MCG (coz they absolutely deserve it! Ryan whacks Maynard again just as a friendly reminder!)
*Langdon and Withers come good, if not Brander and Rotham come good-or damn it, they all come good!?
*Dashing Dirk Diggler destroys enemy lines with dastardly darting moves..
*We change to a faster game plan (need to), and looks like we are heading in that direction..
*We adapt better to hub life and games away..
*What is a BBIMWBLF...?
*Towards the later part of the season, we're outside the top 4, but with Yeo and Willy and Cameron returning-and ALL our other new talent and depth-we surge into top 4, regroup and annihilate the finals in breathtaking fashion.
*Ainsworth isn't needed to play in finals...please? (but he's improved depth)
*NN, Gaff and Shepard hold up the cup in a legendary photo!
Then I woke up....!

Last edited:
My completely facetious list of predictions:

-Masten comes out of retirement to rejoin the team. Lays a team record of 40 tackles in a game

-Simpson gets so furious at the boys for lack of effort over this season he is actually sent off for anger management classes

-Darling finally moves to the midfield. Ends up leading the league in contested possessions

- Cripps picks up every ground ball below his knees without a single fumble. No, seriously

- The longer Duggans mullet gets, the more beastly he plays. Is later revealed to be Sampson, reincarnated

-TK to put up career best numbers. Was later revealed that the club threatened to ship him back to Geelong to room-mate with that flog Dangerfield if he didn't perform. Tim duly delivers

-Wille parleys his notoriety into creating his own medical marijuana company. His unique Tiwi island strain starts saving lives. Wins Nobel prize

-JK grows his beard to epic proportions. Is later found out to have been courted for a remake of ZZ Top

thats some funny s**t wily ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back