Prediction 2021 will be the year we have the first derby final

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get there with our run home and the likely locations of those games, I'll probably tip us over them because we'd be flying.

Gold Coast in Victoria? Given where they were coming into the game that's bottom of the barrell. Pretty sure Sydney lost to GC in Sydney the year before they went to toilet.

That said, I wouldn't want Richmond next week.
I said exactly that after last weeks showing, versing them here at home later in the year has gone what I would consider a probable loss to now probable/almost expected win.

Carlton thus far have been flakey, turning up after they get shaken around in the media like a bee in a jar before settling back into their routine. That happened before their last game, the knives were out for their coach, their captain had just resigned and they snuck over the line against Adelaide.

I just did the predictive ladder. I have the derby result being the difference for either team between 8th and 10th.

Fools errand I know given it’s impossible to pick 9 results accurately each week but it was interesting it worked out that way.

It won’t take anything exceptional for us to make it but it won’t be easy.

mattis117

I must tell you sir that you are held in good stead to make this prediction come true.

Why? Because you write it with conviction and absolute iron-clad belief.

I'd like to defer the court to this excellent article of a similar prediction that was proven true: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-pavs-last-year.973365/

A young poster on this forum 9 years ago, I too threw caution to the wind and made the prediction Pav would retire in 2016, the prediction made in the year of our lord 2012. At the time of this prediction Pav was injured and rested prior to the incredible EF against Geelong at the MCG.

Your boldness in this prediction shall SURELY make it true. And I believe every arrogant gesture like this chips away at that dastardly curse imposed upon us all those years ago.

Good luck to you sir!

mattis117

I must tell you sir that you are held in good stead to make this prediction come true.

Why? Because you write it with conviction and absolute iron-clad belief.

I'd like to defer the court to this excellent article of a similar prediction that was proven true: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-pavs-last-year.973365/

A young poster on this forum 9 years ago, I too threw caution to the wind and made the prediction Pav would retire in 2016, the prediction made in the year of our lord 2012. At the time of this prediction Pav was injured and rested prior to the incredible EF against Geelong at the MCG.

Your boldness in this prediction shall SURELY make it true. And I believe every arrogant gesture like this chips away at that dastardly curse imposed upon us all those years ago.

Good luck to you sir!
Hell yeah, we're gonna make it, I believe.

I did a predictor a couple nights ago, had us both finishing on 12 wins and 6th/7th (us 6th due to percentage). Assuming of course that the fixture from next week onward stays the same. I had assumed the Carlton game would stay in Perth at the time and thus had it as a win but you should still win it even in Melbourne.

I just did the predictive ladder. I have the derby result being the difference for either team between 8th and 10th.

Fools errand I know given it’s impossible to pick 9 results accurately each week but it was interesting it worked out that way.

It won’t take anything exceptional for us to make it but it won’t be easy.
I have us winning all games except Geelong and the Lions.

If I flip the derby result to the Eagles then we finish 8th and they stay sixth. So it is in everyone's interest, especially mine, that we beat West Coast in the second derby. They should throw the game to make this happen in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a predictor a couple nights ago, had us both finishing on 12 wins and 6th/7th (us 6th due to percentage). Assuming of course that the fixture from next week onward stays the same. I had assumed the Carlton game would stay in Perth at the time and thus had it as a win but you should still win it even in Melbourne.
Exactly what I'm finding, 12 wins is plenty this year. I'm some scenarios, 11 is enough. The quirky things that arise when you have a good number of dominant teams at the top.

Exactly what I'm finding, 12 wins is plenty this year. I'm some scenarios, 11 is enough. The quirky things that arise when you have a good number of dominant teams at the top.
5th will likely finish on 16 or even potentially 17 wins. Would hate to be the team that misses out. My money is on port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back