• Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was on the Pies for the spoon back in March.
Didn't have much support on here but starting to become a real possibility.

Their list is just terrible.
Probably the worst in the comp and no real youth coming up either .

They have big problems.
And they still have salary cap issues

It seems that lessons have been learnt from the past. It's great to see that there is not even the slightest hint of any team tanking this year, with all of the wooden spoon candidates pulling off at least one upset win in recent weeks.

It helps when teams aren’t holding their own first and second round draft picks.

(Eg: Collingwood, I don’t know about the others)

It’s an insignificant part of history/data.

It makes me sad that you think I’m insignificant 😢

Seriously but, it used to be a thing for Carlton and their supporters that never in their proud club’s history had they ever won a wooden spoon.

It obviously became something of interest to opposition supporters when that changed, and then they started reeling them off to overtake the count of other teams.

The wooden spoon was probably more of a thing before the draft was introduced.

It makes me sad that you think I’m insignificant

Seriously but, it used to be a thing for Carlton and their supporters that never in their proud club’s history had they ever won a wooden spoon.

It obviously became something of interest to opposition supporters when that changed, and then they started reeling them off to overtake the count of other teams.

The wooden spoon was probably more of a thing before the draft was introduced.
I remember copping it when we won the spoon in 2002. It took us 105 years to win one.

Proudly said "I don't mind waiting another 105 years to see the next one"!

Spoiler alert... I didn't wait long!

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pies winning the spoon would be a big "BOY OH BOY WOWEE" moment. It would be crazy that out of all their trades, the one that didn't involve any players would end up being the worst.

I dont want the spoon but i've seen enough this year that has given me hope for the future with the likes of CJ, Moore and Kosi developing from nowhere, winning the spoon doesn't change that.
Plus Day, Scrim, DGB and Reeves. Good bunch.

Pick 1 would be a nice addition.

It's a race to get horne, we can still win 1 more game to get horne.

Horne will slot in at half forward, he's the 19 possession, 2 goal type.

It's a race to get horne, we can still win 1 more game to get horne.

Horne will slot in at half forward, he's the 19 possession, 2 goal type.

On current form, North Melbourne could very well beat Richmond and Adelaide.

On current form, North Melbourne could very well beat Richmond and Adelaide.

Eyyyyy, we'd like to think no, lol.

Richmond the danger game.

Worst comes to worst, drop cunnington, larkey, goldstein, simpkin and mackay for the final game due to 'personal' reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are playing better than the final 3 contenders, but with the games remaining, they are still current faves. Not a lock like I called earlier; but still faves.

Gotta beat at least Adelaide, and then hope the hawks or pies can't pip one of their remaining games.

If North can get a second win, which is possible but would start underdogs in all of them, then they should be safe. But even then its still not guaranteed.

Its red hot, and awesome to see no one is tanking. Fingers crossed. I don't care about Horne; would much rather avoid the spoon and build a winning culture.

Its made a rebuilding season exciting lol.

North are playing better than the final 3 contenders, but with the games remaining, they are still current faves. Not a lock like I called earlier; but still faves.

Gotta beat at least Adelaide, and then hope the hawks or pies can't pip one of their remaining games.

If North can get a second win, which is possible but would start underdogs in all of them, then they should be safe. But even then its still not guaranteed.

Its red hot, and awesome to see no one is tanking. Fingers crossed. I don't care about Horne; would much rather avoid the spoon and build a winning culture.

Its made a rebuilding season exciting lol.
I think Pies are favourites, north should beat Adelaide. We will beat pies who have just about given up and have an even weaker midfield now and no forward line.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just had a quick look at the fixture.
Crows could still get 2 spoons in a row...
Gonna be a close 4 way race for it this year.

Just had a quick look at the fixture.
Crows could still get 2 spoons in a row...
Gonna be a close 4 way race for it this year.
I think North have at least one more win in them, possibly two.

With that said, I don't think we will be in the hunt for the spoon.

Can't see us beating Sydney, doesn't matter where it's played.
Beating the Crows in Adelaide unlikely, we've never won there.
Good chance to beat the Tigers this week.
So we might snag one, possibly 2 more wins from here, but I don't think it will be enough to overtake the teams above us.

If we do finish last, I'm looking forward to seeing who we take at pick 1 in the PSD, the player that hasn't been able to come to terms with their current club and walks out.

Back