Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a look at their players who'll actually be in their prime in 2021:

View attachment 1009912
View attachment 1009914

4 good-great players (Parker, Lloyd, Heeney, Papley), and a bunch of roles players.

Buddy will be 34 years old, and have played one game in 22 months by the start of next season. He can't be expected to carry the Swans, and barring some unforseen massive improvement (from the younger players) or winding back of the clock (for the older guys), I just don't think they've got the quality or the depth to win more than 5-6 games next year, which will put them right in spoon territory.
4 good players bunch of role played

Essendon
Sydney
North
Adelaide

North and us to scrap it out. I’d be shocked if either of us win 4 games. Hopefully though we get a lot of games into this years draftees

North or Adelaide for me.

think that Collingwood will be the club that falls out of the 8 and into bottom four next year.

Crows showed enough in the last 4 games to prove they are on the up. i still think bottom 4 is a lock for the crows but North will get the spoon.
The proverbial junk time goals is the equal of your last 4 games. They meant nothing, no pressure, no consequences.

Using the last 4 as a metric for your rise is wishful thinking.

Don't understand why people are mentioning the pies? Treloar and Stephenson barely played last season and they still made the semi.
They will be fine.
North Melbourne will be horrible next season, as will Hawthorn, can't really see them winning anymore than 5 Games.
My boys hopefully will be pushing for the top 8

Not sure why Essendon makes that list, they really only lost Saad as Daniher and Fantasia hardly played. They have some good picks to use and also still have some good players through the middle.

North, Adelaide and maybe Sydney seem to be the obvious choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies have had a bad injury run in pretty much every year of Buckley's tenure...
And just gave away significant players on top of that. Poorly run clubs have poor cultures, I expect we see the effects of that next year especially if Pies have a bad injury run.

Bottom 4 would not surprise.

Richmond 5th favourite for the Wooden Spoon in the poll at the time of writing. Now that shows 'heart on sleeve' vitriol from some which is totally brilliant. We all need a nemesis who we love to hate, like the heel in professional wrestling. So it says in Austin 316.

It's likely North, unless they get a gifted coach to lift them a few rungs above 18th.
I am surprised you didn't mention Vince Russo LoL

Not sure why Essendon makes that list, they really only lost Saad as Daniher and Fantasia hardly played. They have some good picks to use and also still have some good players through the middle.

They also lost McKenna so theyve got no way out of the back 50 aside from a long kick down the boundary line. Hurley and Hooker will drop away further and theres no standout KPD replacement.

Their midfield woes are well known and while Phillips and Draper are somewhat serviceable rucks they arent giving their oompa loompas silver service.

AMT and Mosquito are their best forwards now with no notable KPF for inside 50s to focus on.

It looks like their coach hasnt been able to get the players to buy in to whatever it is their gameplan is and there appears to be an underlying rift amongst the players. Merrett wins the 2019 BnF and is subsequently removed from the leadership group heading into 2020. Saad threatened to blow the whistle if the trade hit a road block and Fantasia said he wasnt going back regardless of being contracted instead preferring to sit out a year.

While I struggle to see Hawthorn or North finishing above Essendon, the Bombers are a good smokey for the spoon.

The way you're carrying on is trolling, plenty here simply said Essendon, you instead went one step further, saying there's nothing to be positive about for supporters, and continue to double down.

Plenty of be positive about in reality.

Indeed.

We can be positive that Essendon's back half depends on a couple of once good players who are completely cooked.
We can be positive that Essendon's front half depends on a fat lazy flake, a zippy downhill skier and two meters of can't take a contested mark.
We can be positive that Essendon's midfield is in good shape (apart from lacking size, pace, hardness, two way running, inside grunt and accurate disposal).

That's quite a lot to be positive about.

North should be hot favourites, they are very young so I would expect a GC like positive start with a couple of upset wins early but dropping away as the season goes on. Don’t mind their long term prospects though

Swans I think the worst is behind them and could be dangerous if Buddy can get going again

Crows got their dose of reality last year but are still paying the price for some poor decisions post GF appearance so it will take a while to reset after that

Hawks B22 doesn’t look great too my eye especially the goal to goal line , they have a great coach though but I’m not so sure a great coaching performance 8-10 win season is what they need at all

Doubt the Bombers will be as bad as everyone is hoping for

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

North Melbourne will win the wooden spoon next season, but they have enough decent young talent to improve a lot by 2023..

If Jack Gunston or Luke Breust get injured and miss a lot of football next season, we are a good chance to finish bottom.

We have the worst key position and midfield depth in the entire league and our best defender in James Sicily is out for the season.

Our spine next season:

Hartigan, Frost, Omera, O'Brien and Patton- grim!!! Name a team with a worse spine than that......

I think North definitely have the least talented list, but I voted for Essendon because inexperienced coaches often don't do well when they come in at the beginning of the season (like Nicks in 2020), some need an adjustment period and others never make the grade. Noble has decades of experience at AFL level, Rutten doesn't. I know Rutten was effectively running the show for large parts of last season, but the on-field results weren't impressive.

Back