• Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

North, Essendon, Hawks and Pies are all candidates with The Hawks as the favourite for the spoon, Crows should in improve surely?
Pies had a crazy trade period getting rid of some useful players, but still have plenty of talent to be nowhere near a spoon.

Agree we should improve... which is not hard when you are bottom... but still near the bottom.

More about club and its pride to be honest
Dew seems to have instilled some pride.

Younger guys buying in & have re-signed longer deals.

Imo, they appear to be tracking upwards.

GWS has more culture issues at the moment... not that they are spoon candidates but may miss the finals.

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Hawks are the value bet...
With the injuries that they have, they're going to struggle this year. The more you look at their list with them out, the more you realise how poor a squad they are.

Some of their 50/50 games are away which doesn't help but having said that they should still be able to scrape together half a dozen wins at least.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon this year will be a bombshell wooden spooner - say Port, West Coast or Western Bulldogs.
Port have what Champion Data rated the easiest draw in the comp! West Coast 4th easiest.

Despite those two teams playing finals and getting to play so many games at home last year, while so many other clubs were in hubs!

Adelaide 2nd hardest, so that won't do them any favours.

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
I reckon this year will be a bombshell wooden spooner - say Port, West Coast or Western Bulldogs.
With the list we have and the amount of Perth games there's no way we'd finish last.

When we won the spoon our team was woeful, nothing compared to what we have today. All of our good players were only kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
New coach who couldn't properly teach the new game plan because of covid... & we came back from the break unfit... hence we got run over in the 2nd halves of games... until late in the season.

Expect we will still be bottom 4, but doubt we will be close to the spoon.

if you’re bottom 4 you’re likely close to the spoon

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
I am curious as to why the Crows will improve, but North won’t?

Oh and North will not get the spoon.
I don't know why? The Crows might have an equally shithouse season. It's only a few years ago they lost a Grand Final in which they were favourites to win, surely their not that bad? The jury is out on North.

Lit_Dorito

Debutant
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It won't be North, that's for sure. The amount of injuries they had last year its no wonder they struggled. They could actually make finals. People underestimate them every year , always have and without good reason.

Lit_Dorito

Debutant
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Between Essendon or North for mine. Probably Essendon.

Adelaide showed signs they can be competitive during the back half of this season, you can rule them out.
What a load of garbage. North are already three years ahead of the crows. North Melbourne's best 22 are a 13 goal better side than Adelaide.

Lit_Dorito

Debutant
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Essendon are a basket case and are perennial minnows of the comp. That said, the crows list is absolutely putrid and can't see them getting off the bottom again

Lit_Dorito

Debutant
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North, Essendon, Hawks and Pies are all candidates with The Hawks as the favourite for the spoon, Crows should in improve surely?
Crows aren't climbing anywhere. Certainly not above North.
B: Mcdonald, McKay, Corr
HB: Zeibell, Tarrant, Perez
C: Scott, Davies-Uniake, Polec
HF: Thomas, Ford, Taylor
F: Stephenson, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Goldstein, Cunnington, Simpkin
Int: Anderson, Young, Spicer, Garner

Now let's compare best 22's shall we?

Your turn!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills

Your turn!
I just believe Adelaide should do better, but the events of the past 48 hours bring to light a new wooden spoon favourite. COLLINGWOOD! We could be witnessing their ultimate demise altogether? It will be probably be Hawthorn, but i reckon the Pies will run them close?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Your turn!

Ziebell & Cunnington's bodies look close to cooked if last season was anything to go by, not sure how confident I'd be on them seeing out an entire season.

Tarrant is 31, Goldstein 32. Both have been good players, but are right in the frame for when players start to struggle to back up week after week. Maybe they'll have another good year in them, but the cupboard is pretty bare if they don't.

I think North's youth are good, but there's still a heavy reliance on the few guys at the end of their careers to hold it together.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I just believe Adelaide should do better, but the events of the past 48 hours bring to light a new wooden spoon favourite. COLLINGWOOD! We could be witnessing their ultimate demise altogether? It will be probably be Hawthorn, but i reckon the Pies will run them close?
No matter how dysfunctional that club gets this year no way that Pies team falls hard enough to be a spoon contender.

Lit_Dorito

Debutant
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebell & Cunnington's bodies look close to cooked if last season was anything to go by, not sure how confident I'd be on them seeing out an entire season.

Tarrant is 31, Goldstein 32. Both have been good players, but are right in the frame for when players start to struggle to back up week after week. Maybe they'll have another good year in them, but the cupboard is pretty bare if they don't.

I think North's youth are good, but there's still a heavy reliance on the few guys at the end of their careers to hold it together.
Thanks for the well reasoned respose. The older players have come back in superb nick and Ive followed training closely. I think they'll get through OK. To have them taking the spoon however seems to me absurd when you look at Adelaide and Essendon.

Back