Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

200.gif
eeee354738bdeb571685b39afa6e2773

Crows v Hawks making a late run for a boil over
Crows in full tank mode. Hawks will win at least two more (tonight and Pies).

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Adelaide winning tricky to see North missing it, despite their recent form. Next 3 games against Geelong, Richmond + Sydney will all be very tough and I can't imagine them trying to win a R23 game assuming they're still last, especially given the gap between Horne and the next best (non F/S) talent.

Okay, seriously. No singular player is worth it for finishing last. Anelybody who actively wants to finish last needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

With Adelaide winning tricky to see North missing it, despite their recent form. Next 3 games against Geelong, Richmond + Sydney will all be very tough and I can't imagine them trying to win a R23 game assuming they're still last, especially given the gap between Horne and the next best (non F/S) talent.

On form North can easily beat Richmond

Playing out exactly how I predicted before the season…I thought it would be between us, north and the crows…the crows are now safe. Down to us and the crows…hopefully north can sneak another win so we end up with Jason Horne. We aren’t winning another game.

Okay, seriously. No singular player is worth it for finishing last. Anelybody who actively wants to finish last needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.
Why? In a league that has systems set up for equalisation I just don’t think it’s a big deal.

is it a good thing? Of course not but the spoon means literally nothing to me, if we are going to be last or second last I would at least like to have first pick of the available players.

Why? In a league that has systems set up for equalisation I just don’t think it’s a big deal.

is it a good thing? Of course not but the spoon means literally nothing to me, if we are going to be last or second last I would at least like to have first pick of the available players.
And that's pathetic. How often is the #1 pick the best player in the draft? Almost never.

You actively want to be the worst team in the league this year. That is something I cannot ever respect.

Imagine wanting to finish last.

When you support a team that has the worst midfield in the comp and an elite midfielder is touted to go pick 1, you absolutely want to finish last…any of our supporters that disagree are lying to themselves… imagine being an opposition coach each week and you look at our midfield:

Tom Mitchell- slow and can’t kick
Omera- can’t kick
Shiels- slow and can’t kick
Worpel- slow and can’t kick
Tom Phillips- can’t kick
James cousins- slow and can’t kick
Daniel howe- slow and can’t kick

That list above is exactly why I want to finish last and so we get Jason Horne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you support a team that has the worst midfield in the comp and an elite midfielder is touted to go pick 1, you absolutely want to finish last…any of our supporters that disagree are lying to themselves… imagine being an opposition coach each week and you look at our midfield:

Omera- can’t kick
Tom Phillips- can’t kick

Horne is not that quick fwiw

him Callaghan Sonsie Hobbs all looking like good Ready made mids though

Omera- can’t kick
Tom Phillips- can’t kick

Christ, that's a pathetic response as well. There are gun midfielders littered through the draft. And as I said earlier, how often does the #1 pick turn out to be the best player of that draft?

Seriously.

I don't think we necessarily need Horne.

Would obviously be a bit of an embarrassment of riches considering how our midfield is currently developing.

Callaghan as a 6"3, left footed wingman might suit us more.

I just want to see the same level of improvement and am more non-plussed about who we get based on how some of our kids are currently coming on.

Whoever we get are just going to compliment what we already have.

And that's pathetic. How often is the #1 pick the best player in the draft? Almost never.

You actively want to be the worst team in the league this year. That is something I cannot ever respect.
Fortunately I couldn’t care less, I want to be the best team in the league. It is a process.

I don’t want to tank but if we are bottom2 I would prefer to be last. Being 2nd worse isn’t less embarrassing to me.

I have no idea how many spoons any clubs HD won, I do know how many premierships we have though and always will.

Fortunately I couldn’t care less, I want to be the best team in the league. It is a process.

I don’t want to tank but if we are bottom2 I would prefer to be last. Being 2nd worse isn’t less embarrassing to me.

I have no idea how many spoons any clubs HD won, I do know how many premierships we have though and always will.
Finishing last will make you the best team in the league. Gotcha.

Still pretty pathetic.

I promise you the wooden spoon is nowhere near as big a deal as you probably think it is. Only the biggest football nerds (unfortunately myself included) can remember who won a wooden spoon in any given year. In two years time, whoever won the ‘21 spoon will be a mystery to most.

North haven’t won the spoon since 1973
Hawks haven’t since 1965

Either way, a long steak is going to end.
Collingwood - 1999 and are only half a game off bottom. Hawks vs Pies in a couple of weeks could be the spoon-off. I'd say the Horne Cup but the Giants have the Pies' first pick. Still, they get Daicos anyway which negates that.

I promise you the wooden spoon is nowhere near as big a deal as you probably think it is. Only the biggest football nerds (unfortunately myself included) can remember who won a wooden spoon in any given year. In two years time, whoever won the ‘21 spoon will be a mystery to most.
Anybody who wants their team to be the worst that year is shameful. I hated finishing last in 2016. Despised it. I've finished last in multiple sports and it burns me. Knowing your side was the worst? Cannot describe anything I hate more in a sporting sense.

How old were you in 99, adam?

Collingwood - 1999 and are only half a game off bottom. Hawks vs Pies in a couple of weeks could be the spoon-off. I'd say the Horne Cup but the Giants have the Pies' first pick. Still, they get Daicos anyway which negates that.

Not really.

They could have had Horne and Daicos if they had the #1 pick.

If it eventuates it will take some beating in the next 50 years as the most idiotic trade of all time. Fair two punch combo with the remainder of their trade period.

What could have supercharged a rebuild will more than likely leave Collingwood in no mans land for a few years.

Back