List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Fredrick is a pressure forward at AFL level or playing SNAFL. Wing is hard position to play and pace is just one of the qualifications (and it's a defensive one, I.e getting into defensive space quickly). Hasn't shown he's anything beyond a see ball get ball/ see player tackle player player imo.
Of course I hope I'm wrong for our sake.
Go watch his draft highlight vid where he plays as a winger.

I'll play along for fun:
- 2 KPFs - Amiss 8, JVR 10
- 1 Mid forward - Sturt
- 1 Small forward - Motlop (2nd round)
- 1 Winger - Freddie, (and Chapman the other)
- 1 Defensive mid - Serong, with Neale coming back next year or 2023 at latest.
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement - Fyfe forward expt didn't work and he said he's going back to the middle.

Done.
Somewhat similar to what I was thinking! The one's in bold are a little different to what I was thinking:

- 2 KPFs - JVR, Williams
- 1 Mid forward - Sturt
- 1 Small forward - Motlop (2nd round)
- 1 Winger - Freddie, Clark
- 1 Defensive mid - Banners/Chapman/Dittmar
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement - Ward/Rachele/Erasmus

We need a pick or two between 15 and 25...even something from Richmond…
if we could get Gold Coasts 19 and 22 it would open things up for us nicely.

put our first next year on the table.
could even allow us to do something like this:

Erasmus, Rachele at 6 and 8.

then look at a combo of Mac Andrew, Van Rooyen, Amiss, Williams, Bazzo

Lol who gives a fu** where he played in SNAFL colts. The vast majority of draftees play key position or on ball in juniors because they are miles better than everyone else. That's not an option at the top level.
Okay than, we will draft Amiss and play him in defence :)

Go watch his draft highlight vid where he plays as a winger.
I don't think that's an unfair comment, but Geelong prefered to trade in a winger rather than play him there. To play winger you need elite fitness, and I wonder if that is an issue. If it is, and he is motivated, no problem.

I don't think that's an unfair comment, but Geelong prefered to trade in a winger rather than play him there. To play winger you need elite fitness, and I wonder if that is an issue. If it is, and he is motivated, no problem.

first it was Hughes now it’s Freddy…are you ok? 😊😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah to see we have a few needs is an understatement. We need:
- 2 KPFs
- 1 Mid forward
- 1 Small forward
- 1 Winger
- 1 Defensive mid
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement
Filling all of that with our draft hand will be tough. But perhaps the following;
Clark - Future 2nd - Winger
Bennings - Cat B - KPF
Amiss/JVR/Williams - Whichever is available at 10 - KPF
8 (assuming 6 from Carlton) - Erasmus (Cez replacement) or Rachelle (small fwd) - seems to be an increasing likelihood Erasmus is gone by 8.
27 (assuming not gone for clark) - Motlop or Hough (basically take the opposite of what we do at 8)

If we get more than 6 for Cez I am in favour of trading it and 27 to get into the later part of the first round. Do that and take best mid available there and Rachelle with 8.

Well my thread is up on the Phantoms board if anyone is interested. And if you can't be bothered, here's my rankings...

Chris25, given you normally watch the lads, you have now pushed up Erasmus to the top 5.

What do you see as his unique skill sets.

Dual sided, calm under pressure… those sort of descriptors… he he also possibly a step up on Cerra as a possible replacement.

I’ve haven’t seen much of him given he is mostly PSA.

Some similarities with Williams and Jackson.Both basketball backgrounds, E Freo products 😜
Could Williams become a clone, or do we role the dice on a Benning, Polson?
Yes I know Jackson was rated 10-20 in the drafts, but his bio suggested handy forward/ruck.
Not tall enough to be number 1 ruck, not a genuine forward threat.
But an athletic explosive unit with potential.
I’d draft his type first round, NGA, or rookie another.
Interesting that the Dees only used 34 players for the season, we don’t have that luxury.
I’d be more then happy with Williams

Filling all of that with our draft hand will be tough. But perhaps the following;
Clark - Future 2nd - Winger
Bennings - Cat B - KPF
Amiss/JVR/Williams - Whichever is available at 10 - KPF
8 (assuming 6 from Carlton) - Erasmus (Cez replacement) or Rachelle (small fwd) - seems to be an increasing likelihood Erasmus is gone by 8.
27 (assuming not gone for clark) - Motlop or Hough (basically take the opposite of what we do at 8)

If we get more than 6 for Cez I am in favour of trading it and 27 to get into the later part of the first round. Do that and take best mid available there and Rachelle with 8.
I think the great thing is that we don't have to fill all these positions with one draft. For example we can cover half forward with Sturt/Fyfe and we can cover the defensive mid with Banners or a Kade Dittmar type player who will be a late second rounder. We should be focusing on KPFs, one winger (Clark) and one mid to replace Cez this draft.

I think the great thing is that we don't have to fill all these positions with one draft. For example we can cover half forward with Sturt/Fyfe and we can cover the defensive mid with Banners or a Kade Dittmar type player who will be a late second rounder. We should be focusing on KPFs, one winger (Clark) and one mid to replace Cez this draft.
Banfield will have to do a huge pre-season to play the run with role.
Playing on guys like Jack Steele etc. the 90kg mids is a huge ask.
Ideally we need someone who is not purely defensive. But can win some ball outright.

Loyd on Early trade said we really want Callaghan. I wonder if we have Picks 8 and 10 would we be able to trade both up high enough to get Erasmus and Calaghan?? The dream here!!!

Loyd on Early trade said we really want Callaghan. I wonder if we have Picks 8 and 10 would we be able to trade both up high enough to get Erasmus and Calaghan?? The dream here!!!
I heard that the top 4 are in the first bracket of players which includes Callaghan.

GWS always trade up and never down and I can’t see the Roos trading down either.

Isn’t this Cerra all over again? Knevitt is at least Vic Country😜
We will probably be lucky if Erasmus is there, no way Callaghan
will slide.

Would we trade a future first with Pick 10 to get to 4 for Callaghan? :s
If you are GWS or GC, revolving doors. One of the biggest changes at clubs is buying in.
Players don’t won’t out if they can see unity, something special
is brewing.
It was once like that at Freo when Ross first arrived, from 2016-2019 the magic was gone😩
What a ride it was though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back