List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

JVR and Johnson out of Sundays Colts game vs SA..both injured

Hopefully Belly has told him "OK we've seen enough"

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It will be very interesting to see how Motlop goes back at u19's level

WA under-19s squad: Jesse Motlop, Judd McVee, Kaden Harbour, Zach Fleiner, Angus Sheldrick, Max Chipper, Arthur Jones, Lochlan Paton, Bryce Watson, Taj Woewodin, Finn Gorringe, Josh Browne, Kade Dittmar, James Tunstill, Jack Avery, Ethan Regan, Eric Benning, Luke Polson, Corey Warner, Rhett Bazzo, Brady Hough, Jarrad McIlvinney, Jack Williams, Josh Cripps

Are you suggesting the coach will renege on his preference to put players in their preferred positions? Interesting. Next we'll have Cox playing forward.

Rachele and Wanganeen-Millera wouldn't be short term solutions. They would be position fits.

I'm just going to leave this here.

Draft pick 41 - Brennan Cox
Key forward Brennan Cox has been taken by Fremantle at pick 41

Height: 193cm
Weight: 92kg
Position: Key forward
Club: Woodville West Torrens
DOB: 13 August 1998 (18)

Yes I know he was the AA centre half-back at the U18..

Cripps is a forward ruck that is so hard to find, plays that role at EF colts level. If he hadnt come off a knee he more than likely would of ripped colts apart this year. I would not be suprised if a club takes him quite early, his finish to the year since he came back has been pretty awesome considering it has been off a long term injury. I would not be against us reaching for him over some of the other talls.

I'm just going to leave this here.

Draft pick 41 - Brennan Cox
Key forward Brennan Cox has been taken by Fremantle at pick 41

Height: 193cm
Weight: 92kg
Position: Key forward
Club: Woodville West Torrens
DOB: 13 August 1998 (18)

Yes I know he was the AA centre half-back at the U18..
We can argue, discuss Cox forward until Moo comes home, the issue is the player & coach don’t appear to want to do it.

It will be very interesting to see how Motlop goes back at u19's level

WA under-19s squad: Jesse Motlop, Judd McVee, Kaden Harbour, Zach Fleiner, Angus Sheldrick, Max Chipper, Arthur Jones, Lochlan Paton, Bryce Watson, Taj Woewodin, Finn Gorringe, Josh Browne, Kade Dittmar, James Tunstill, Jack Avery, Ethan Regan, Eric Benning, Luke Polson, Corey Warner, Rhett Bazzo, Brady Hough, Jarrad McIlvinney, Jack Williams, Josh Cripps

Erasmus still injured?

If we're looking for class and Callaghan is off the board, then surely Rachele over Wanganeen. Rachele could also surely go through the middle, has x-factor and can kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of you punters know what time the u18 game will be streamed tomorrow?

We can argue, discuss Cox forward until Moo comes home, the issue is the player & coach don’t appear to want to do it.

Unfortunately our pick 8 of those 4 selections has been the failure or really hasn't lived up to any real expectations. Darcy has won the Doig medal and Ryan is an A grader all the way in my opinion Cox is like a fine wine, getting better with age, still not got to his ceiling ,well Logue in my opinion has been very underwhelming.

So who does everyone prefer with pick 6 and 8?

I would be stoked with Rachele and Erasmus. Both come across as potential match winners, can kick goals, go through the middle and play forward.

The difference maker in most of the recent grand finals have been the Martin, Petracca, Bont type players that can kick goals from the middle/half forward line. We have no one like that (except Fyfe who has goalkicking issues now).

I know we need key forwards but when I read of Amiss I remind myself that Dillon O’Reilly kicked 46 goals in the colts. Is Amiss high simply because there are no decent talls in Oz (defenders also)? Anyone with a long history of watching the kids have any insight on where he would rank in previous years?

I personally hope we go Erasmus, Rachele then one of Amiss/JVR/Williams at 19 or 22

Dream scenario is Erasmus & Rachele with 6 & 8. One of JVR/Amiss with 19. If both are gone I’d say Williams, but we’d probably be able to trade down to get him. Richmond have 26 & 28 so that may be an option on draft night?

Dream scenario is Erasmus & Rachele with 6 & 8. One of JVR/Amiss with 19. If both are gone I’d say Williams, but we’d probably be able to trade down to get him. Richmond have 26 & 28 so that may be an option on draft night?

I’m also one who is gun shy on Amiss at colts level.
I’d take Erasmus or Rachele at 6.
Then potentially live trade 8 out for hypothetical 10-15 and future 2nd rounder. Take one of JVR/ Amiss.
If Erasmus is still on board at 8, Eagles could offer 10 and future 2nd. That would guarantee one of JVR or Amiss at 10.

I think there will be moves on trade night because the evenness of players ranked 5-25 is fairly even. So a team may jump in and pay up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back