List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cezza leaves and we dont take advantage of this crop of West Aussies then Bell is a bloody idiot and deserves to be sacked.
If by some chance we have 3 picks early it could seriously set us up very seriously for the next 10 years. This is my test for the people in charge, fail it and they have lost me. (If we trade for Cripps, they will have lost me also).
The most important trade period in Freos short history is upon us very soon.

I still have no idea how anyone forms a solid opinion on any prospect they haven't watched live? You can't tell s**t from watching highlight videos and not much better even with full game streams. Everyone is just guessing for the moment.

Can't wait to see how all the WA prospects perform at the champs but even more so the non-WA prospects that I don't get to watch live unless they play the championship games here in WA.

If Cezza leaves and we dont take advantage of this crop of West Aussies then Bell is a bloody idiot and deserves to be sacked.
If by some chance we have 3 picks early it could seriously set us up very seriously for the next 10 years. This is my test for the people in charge, fail it and they have lost me. (If we trade for Cripps, they will have lost me also).
The most important trade period in Freos short history is upon us very soon.

Bloody oath , I’ve already started chipping the corners off my bricks to make them more aerodynamic

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I still have no idea how anyone forms a solid opinion on any prospect they haven't watched live? You can't tell sh*t from watching highlight videos and not much better even with full game streams. Everyone is just guessing for the moment.

Can't wait to see how all the WA prospects perform at the champs but even more so the non-WA prospects that I don't get to watch live unless they play the championship games here in WA.

There is no substitute for watching live imo. You’d be in the same boat as most Bigfooty posters. I doubt too many, if any travel interstate to watch games.

Knightmare does a bloody good job considering he doesn’t watch any games live.

East Fremantle tall Josh Cripps to make long-awaited WAFL colts debut after recovering from serious knee injury
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Fri, 18 June 2021 1:13PM
Jordan McArdle

Josh Cripps in action for Aquinas College.

Josh Cripps in action for Aquinas College. Credit: Instagram/@JoshCrippps/@JoshCrippps

The East Fremantle meeting room erupted when colts coach Adrian Ricciardello broke the news on Thursday night.
Popular tall Josh Cripps will make his long-awaited Sharks colts debut against Perth at Mineral Resources Park on Saturday after recovering from a serious knee injury.
It will be the 18-year-old brother of Carlton skipper Patrick Cripps’ first match at any level since he ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, one day shy of exactly a year ago, in a PSA footy match for Aquinas College.
Ricciardello couldn’t be happier for the Northampton product and former Aquinas captain, detailing the work he had put in during his time on the sidelines.
[IMG alt="Pictures of Trinity Vs Aquinas AFL game at the Trinity Playing Fields in Waterford, Perth. Pictured is No25 Joshua Cripps for Aquinas
Picture Ross Swanborough. 200620"]https://images.thewest.com.au/publi...9a51771.jpg?imwidth=810&impolicy=wan_v3[/IMG]
Josh Cripps will make his long-awaited return from injury in the colts on Saturday. Credit: Ross Swanborough/The West Australian
“It was a really special moment, not only for him but for us as a group as well,” Ricciardello said.
“The amount of work he’s put in to get back out there, he’d be at training early then be one of the last to leave the track.
“He would be working well past 7pm so just to break it to him and see the smile on his face and the boys get around him was a special moment. The room just erupted.
“I have no doubt that he’s going to impact the group positively and we’re obviously not expecting too much from him in his first game back, we’ll keep it pretty simple for him and give him a role to play and build him up nicely.”
The 199cm Cripps will start at full-forward and give first-round draft fancy Jack Williams a chop-out in the ruck when required.
East Fremantle will also welcome back a pair of in-form midfielders, Corey Warner and Jake Urquhart, because of Aquinas’ bye.
PSA Scotch v Aquinas at Scotch Playing Fields. Pictured -  Jake Urquhart of Aquinas .Picture - Justin Benson-Cooper / The Sunday Times

PSA Scotch v Aquinas at Scotch Playing Fields. Pictured - Jake Urquhart of Aquinas .Picture - Justin Benson-Cooper / The Sunday Times Credit: Justin Benson-Cooper/The West Australian
Warner is averaging 33 possessions, five tackles and 1.2 goals per game at PSA level, while Urquhart isn’t far behind with an average of 28 touches, six tackles and nearly a goal.
Ricciardello felt silky-skilled talent Ed Curley’s State 19s inclusion was “reward for effort” after a noticeable lift in training standards since his move to Perth during the off-season.
Curley was one of six Sharks to make the squad alongside captain Taj Woewodin, Warner, Williams, Josh Browne and Jed Hagan who is also part of the 17s program.
“He’s come a mile from where he was this time last year and he’s only going to get better,” Ricciardello said.
“I’m glad that he’s in the squad, it’s great to see him get some reward for his efforts.”
Hagan and fellow midfielder Jack Cleaver are a couple of big outs, both featuring in WA’s under-17s carnival opener against South Australia in Adelaide on Sunday.
Ruckman Kobe McMillan and ball winners Judd McVee, Sam Emery and Sam Collins have been promoted to the reserves.
In thewest.com.au’s live stream match, Swan Districts host West Perth at Steel Blue Oval from 9.10am.
The Swans can leapfrog East Perth at the top of the ladder with a win.
The Falcons will be without ball magnet Lochie Paton who has earned a promotion to the twos.

There was a Curley playing for EF colts a few years back that had stacks of talent but didn’t go on with it. Hopefully this guy does. Most probably a younger brother to the one a few years ago.

What’s happening with the Bartlett kid? In the nga? Has he stopped playing footy or what?

There was a Curley playing for EF colts a few years back that had stacks of talent but didn’t go on with it. Hopefully this guy does. Most probably a younger brother to the one a few years ago.
East Freo is stacked with family members... Corey Warner (brother of Chad), Taj Woewodin (son of Shane), Luke Yeo (cousin of Elliott), Josh Cripps (brother of Patrick), Ed Curley (brother of Dylan).

Speaking of which, Aiden O'Discroll (younger brother of Emma and Nathan) is playing in his Colts debut for Perth against them this weekend. In a forward pocket.

East Freo is stacked with family members... Corey Warner (brother of Chad), Taj Woewodin (son of Shane), Luke Yeo (cousin of Elliott), Josh Cripps (brother of Patrick), Ed Curley (brother of Dylan).

Speaking of which, Aiden O'Discroll (younger brother of Emma and Nathan) is playing in his Colts debut for Perth against them this weekend. In a forward pocket.

Nathan and Emma reckon he’s the best of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s happening with the Bartlett kid? In the nga? Has he stopped playing footy or what?
State & Territory - WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent | Page 13 | BigFooty

Playing for Chapman Valley in the Geraldton football league......listed once for EF colts team but didn't play...no state selection..considering this is his prime year for drafting, bit of a red flag the kid choosing to play Bush footy over WAFL.....can never say never, but definitely makes it difficult come draft day, that's if he is even interested to pursue a career in footy. Been selected in the Geraldton squad for the up coming Country Football carnival though.....

State & Territory - WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent | Page 13 | BigFooty

Playing for Chapman Valley in the Geraldton football league......listed once for EF colts team but didn't play...no state selection..considering this is his prime year for drafting, bit of a red flag the kid choosing to play Bush footy over WAFL.....can never say never, but definitely makes it difficult come draft day, that's if he is even interested to pursue a career in footy. Been selected in the Geraldton squad for the up coming Country Football carnival though.....
Based on that it's a definite no.

Does listing Bartlett for east freo colts do enough to qualify him for the draft?
Could this be a macpharlin situation. Keep him out of the spotlight in order for hi. To slip down the draft. Free hit after 40

Does listing Bartlett for east freo colts do enough to qualify him for the draft?
Could this be a macpharlin situation. Keep him out of the spotlight in order for hi. To slip down the draft. Free hit after 40
Hmmm wishful thinking by the sound of it

Johnson and Erasmus play both forward and midfield don't they? And it was interesting to read that JVR has been playing midfield.

Load up thanks Bell.
Really depends on where our picks are, I suspect we would need 2 picks in the top 20 for that to eventuate.
Suspect WC would be into both Johnson and Erasmus.
The only other option could be Morgan Ferres, as a second rounder?
It could be JVR or Williams first? But not both unless something drastic happens.
Ferres has genuine speed, over 190cm and hits the scoreboard.
Add Motlop and fixes the forward line.

Bloody oath , I’ve already started chipping the corners off my bricks to make them more aerodynamic

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I genuinely laughed out loud at this - well played sir!

Really depends on where our picks are, I suspect we would need 2 picks in the top 20 for that to eventuate.
Suspect WC would be into both Johnson and Erasmus.
The only other option could be Morgan Ferres, as a second rounder?
It could be JVR or Williams first? But not both unless something drastic happens.
Ferres has genuine speed, over 190cm and hits the scoreboard.
Add Motlop and fixes the forward line.

The only other option in terms of what?

IMO there will potentially be a range of interesting prospects at our second rounder. I would think some of these players could potentially be there:
  • Joshua Browne - prolific East Fremantle ball-winner (185cm) who is highly regarded for his mature approach to the game, two way running and potential leadership material. Probably regarded as Top 3 in terms of centre midfielders.
  • Max Chipper - A speedy outside midfielder (182cm) who has amassed many possessions at Colts level and also kicks goals on a regular basis.
  • Jai Serong - 190cm utility who has demonstrated that he can both play midfield, go forward and kick goals or play as a rebounding defender.
  • Arlo Draper - a 185cm midfielder / forward who is really good by foot and has a bit of speed and a clean mark. Bottom aged and didn't make the SANFL academy but is proving the selectors wrong atm in terms of stats.
  • Sam Banks - Another good moving midfielder / Flanker from Tassie, a bit hidden at the moment because of a broken wrist that is keeping him from playing but was probably Top 20 at the start of the season. Another good user of the ball.
I would also be careful about saying any two picks fix the forward line; drafts come with them plenty of uncertainties, and we have lots of needs in the forward line.

East Freo Colts smashing Perth not unsurprising - could have been bigger if they were accurate. All the big names featured...

Josh Browne 38d 5m 4i50 3g3
Corey Warner 28d 5m 7i50 2g1
Jack Williams 22d 8m 21ho 2g1
Taj Woewodin 28d 4m 6i50 0g1
Luke Yeo 22d 4m 3i50 0g2
Ed Curley 19d 4m 3i50 3g1

Young O'Driscoll with 9d on debut. Cripps also kicked a goal for EF.

In the other game Swans Colts smashed West Perth. Also inaccurate. Chipper with just 28d.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back