List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Half time for both games and already 3 WA talls are kicking a bag. Luke Polson had 3 in the second quarter for Peel Thunder, 3 for Jack Williams in the first half, and 4 for Jye Amiss in the first quarter for East Perth

Neil Erasmus 19 disposals at half time playing in the midfield, gun
Quality gags with Amiss kicking goals

Half time for both games and already 3 WA talls are kicking a bag. Luke Polson had 3 in the second quarter for Peel Thunder, 3 for Jack Williams in the first half, and 4 for Jye Amiss in the first quarter for East Perth

Neil Erasmus 19 disposals at half time playing in the midfield, gun
Worked with Jye Amiss a little, he will rise further in the standings this year & will play a fair bit of league footy.
At best could end up like Buddy, at worst Eric Hipwood.
A very good mover with a well advanced knowledge on forward craft & his leading patterns are the best I’ve seen for his age.

Worked with Jye Amiss a little, he will rise further in the standings this year & will play a fair bit of league footy.
At best could end up like Buddy, at worst Eric Hipwood.
A very good mover with a well advanced knowledge on forward craft & his leading patterns are the best I’ve seen for his age.
He jumped on my radar last year and if he can back todays performance up next week he'll probably end up in my top 50. I like the few bits I've seen of him

He jumped on my radar last year and if he can back todays performance up next week he'll probably end up in my top 50. I like the few bits I've seen of him
He’s a little bit of an introvert, which is the only thing holding him back. Once he gets the strut into his game, he’ll get even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop with a good balanced Colts performance. 17d, 6 tackles, 4 i50, 2 goals 1. Colborne with 11d.

Lyle Sibosado doing the traditional 1 goal from 1 game record. Rhett Bazzo proving he's more of a defender with 2 goals 4.

Benning with 6d, Wolf with 4d... hmmmm

@2pm For those wanting to check out Van Rooyen playing League... (and Claremont or Swans)

If you want to watch WC v Perth then GTFO because clearly you aren't a Freo supporter :) Game is available on WC's YouTube channel.

edit - Goosage commentating the WC WAFL game - yuk! Think it is a challenge how many times they can say "Eagles" in a single game. First 2 minutes they said it at least 20 times. And I'm out.

Last edited:
Just watching the games this year and noting the style can change but I think you want high quality lead up forwards. It is so hard to defend with the man on the mark rule. Blokes that get separation are going to kicks bags.

Van Rooyen is a lead up player isn't he?
Yeah although he's probably a bit more versatile than that. He kicked 2 goals 2 in his League debut today. Took him a long time to work into the game - as you'd expect from a KPF in their senior debut.

His first League goal...

And his second...

Last edited:
Yeah although he's probably a bit more versatile than that. He kicked 2 goals 2 in his League debut today. Took him a long time to work into the game - as you'd expect from a KPF in their senior debut.

His first League goal...

And his second...

Yes please

His first League goal...

And his second...

If he keeps kicking goals like that at WAFL league level he will be top 5. Best not get our hopes up too much.

Last edited:
Then we do what we have to to get him (providing he is top5 quality)
Simple
All well and good saying that but it’s very difficult to trade into the top 5 in reality. Or even to trade up the order on draft night in the first round.
A lot of people were criticising the club we didn’t try to get McDonald this year.
You have to sell the entire farm to climb from 13 to 4 on the night. Even if we offered next years first (which would be outrageously risky for an unproven player) we still wouldn’t have struck a deal with North.
I expect us to finish maybe 10th. Have pick 9. Then the Daicos bid will push that back to 10. Then there will be FA compensation picks potentially handed out pushing it further back.
If VanRooyen was available at pick 8 and we had pick 11, it would be possible to do something. But it would be extremely expensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back