List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Bastyy, any idea what has happened to Chris? I’m really missing his insight into the SA lads.
No idea, but he's participating in the NAB League draft happening right now over on the draft board. Should be good to get insight on names from people watching the draft

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
No idea, but he's participating in the NAB League draft happening right now over on the draft board. Should be good to get insight on names from people watching the draft

Haha, and he just grabbed van Rooyen for GCSs.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
At this stage is Motlop looking like a pick beyond 40/rookie?
Wondering if we will get our second round pick in before any bid on him.
Will be interesting to see if he makes the state team I suppose

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
You’re probably right nurries, but I keep seeing Valente referred to as a big-bodied midfielder. He ain’t.

I have always worked on the assumption he was about 185cm. I think Chris25 referred to him as a potential replacement to Mundy which then stuck that he was a big bodied midfielder in the same vein. I agree with Chris that in terms of kicking and general play he plays/played like a dual sided Mundy but is smaller in height. One of the other things that sometimes made it seem like he was a big bodied midfielder for me is that from what I saw of Valente at junior / SANFL level was that he had great core strength and was able to do that Michael Voss / David Mundy thing of twisting and shaking tackles off.

However, unfortunately it does seem like the OP and general injuries he has had have greatly reduced his mobility; at least from what I have seen from the WAFL this year. Although last year I thought in the reserves he was moving better than this year or the year before that....hear's hoping it is just a passing thing.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
At this stage is Motlop looking like a pick beyond 40/rookie?
Wondering if we will get our second round pick in before any bid on him.
Will be interesting to see if he makes the state team I suppose

Maybe a pick in the late 30s is what I am thinking. I feel like he has sort of stagnated a bit (obviously he has that PSA side which keeps him jumping around everywhere); but there is still time for him to show up at National U19s and show his full potential.

I have to agree though with Bastyy in that the NGA player I still like the most is Riley Colborne, and thankfully for all of you he probably isn't progressed enough to make it into the U19s squad which means he will probably be a little hidden and be after pick 40, but there is a lot there to work with.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Haha, and he just grabbed van Rooyen for GCSs.

I’m trying not to get too involved as early this year. Still watching. I’ll save my draft thread for later in the year, but I’ll start posting more on this board again soon.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
how many hardball gets tho have enough outside players
Think it is only a problem if they are so outside they can't win their own ball. Chipper wins plenty. He's had the most disposals on the field in both Colts games this year (24 & 32). The other thing I like a lot about him is he plays a really good short game. A lot of wingers get the ball and go the long kick, often turning it over if they go short, he doesn't. Having your wingers retain the ball is so important and that's why I think players like Aish have a greater impact than we give credit for. Meanwhile I'm on the fence with Acres because although he runs and runs, especially defensively he isn't anywhere near as good at retaining the ball like Aish. If you look at who the best teams have on their wings it generally isn't some speedster, it's some endurance runner who works hard both ways and can reliably hit targets both short and long. Even Langdon is getting noticed because he is retaining the ball more these days. I think Chipper fits that description and I think we need a youngster coming through like that.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Young guns

Attachments

• A1F36719-2842-449A-8499-A885BD238D09.png
    A1F36719-2842-449A-8499-A885BD238D09.png
    788.5 KB · Views: 206

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone know where to find the stream of the AFL Academy v Geelong VFL on Saturday morning (prior to the Geelong v WC game)?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I want the purple touch. Need someone looking for players with our list specifically in mind.
I should hopefully have a writeup of it at some point, won't be Freo centric but I'll mention the players I like for us in this thread

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Quite a few NGA players in and out this week in the colts

William Wolf, Conrad Williams and Eric Benning out for Claremont and Jesse Motlop out for South Fremantle. I know Williams and Motlop have PSA commitments, but not 100% sure on the other 2

A few coming in though, Ashwin Malik, Norman Yarran and Chase Bourne (All 2022) for South Fremantle, Xavier Wright in for East Fremantle, Scaife and Clayton Taylor (both 2022) in for West Perth, Cole Agnew in for Peel Thunder and Rohan MacNeill (2022) in for Claremont

Still no sign of Richard Bartlett and Jermaine Pickett, Josh Draper is playing PSA I believe

Last edited:

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Wouldn’t mind the club asking the question about Bazzo tbh.

For the record the club can list players who’s fathers played 150 games for East Freo, South Freo, Swan Districts and Perth before 1995.

Unfortunately 17 of Steven Bazzo’s 158 games for Swan Districts were in 1995 meaning Rhett Bazzo is ineligible to be listed by the Dockers by nine games.

Doesn’t hurt to ask. We’ll get rejected 100% though.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we have a good season then JVR will be off the table by our first pick. Guys like him are snapped up early - unless...

Cerra goes and we get a pick in top 5-6.
Oscar Allen only kicked about 8 goals in wafl seniors? 16 games or there about.
One haul of 4 against the sharks which is nothing special.
Plenty of attention at U18’s, etc, yet the eagles get him on the cheap?
As soon as someone is mentioned at Freo, you know we are not getting a discount.
Same with NGA, but at least now with the rule changes we may have a change of luck?

Back