List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
The package doesn't do him justice because in games it is the frequency with which he consistently with which he gets the ball and then does good things that a highlights package can't show. Some of those highlights are from the first WA versus SA game; if you watch the whole game I think you will find that he was more impressive than that shows up in that snapshot, particularly given SA were under siege much of the game. I haven't seen it yet but he was apparently even more impressive in the second game; again it is the consistency that is really strong coupled with a lot of weaponry that recruiters will really like.

I am not keen on Johnson at our current first pick range anyway but I think even if Erasmus was from a Vic Metro club I would be interested if he was around our first; conversely that is why I think he will go earlier than our pick; one of the other clubs will want to take him because I think he is probably on the heels of the Top 4.

How does wanganeen - Milera compare to Jack Martin at the same age Ysaye ?

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He looked cooked. Was running around slowly and didn't keep up with the play. Looks to be fitness related for me as he has looked much lively in the past.
Agred he looked very tired and was very low key in the change rooms after the game and at the presentations. Has shown plenty in previous League games. I think that he is playing league is being underrated by those looking a our potential draftees. Big difference to playing Colts. Having said that we don’t need Motlop as we have Henry, Western and Switta who all fill that role.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agred he looked very tired and was very low key in the change rooms after the game and at the presentations. Has shown plenty in previous League games. I think that he is playing league is being underrated by those looking a our potential draftees. Big difference to playing Colts. Having said that we don’t need Motlop as we have Henry, Western and Switta who all fill that role.
Motlop is a natural small forward, Western and Henry aren't.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
How does wanganeen - Milera compare to Jack Martin at the same age Ysaye ?

Different types of player (Martin was an inside mid dualling as a goal kicking forward, sort of a better kicking, slightly more accurate Serong at the same point in career), I would have said Martin was a class above at the same point in time but it is a while ago. I suppose I would differentiate by saying I naturally expect Wanganeen-Milera to kick a good kick to a player, whereas Martin I would expect to go for the goals if they were in range.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Different types of player (Martin was an inside mid dualling as a goal kicking forward, sort of a better kicking, slightly more accurate Serong at the same point in career), I would have said Martin was a class above at the same point in time but it is a while ago. I suppose I would differentiate by saying I naturally expect Wanganeen-Milera to kick a good kick to a player, whereas Martin I would expect to go for the goals if they were in range.
I'm unsure about NWM because while he has lots of skill and silk, he doesn't tackle, hit the scoreboard or have a left boot. He definitely would be an upgrade on the current players we have on our list but is it worth the first round pick?

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Well let’s hope he is still available after 40 then because Freo won’t use one of current 2 picks and whatever we get for Cerra and what’s left after Clarke on him.
If they watched the game yesterday he will well and truly be available well past 40, looked miles off it.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ve always felt he is in the 30-40 range. He was praised by the coach last week for his efforts. Yes he only got 3-4 possessions but kicked one goal but he is a skinny 18 year old playing in a prelim final.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm unsure about NWM because while he has lots of skill and silk, he doesn't tackle, hit the scoreboard or have a left boot. He definitely would be an upgrade on the current players we have on our list but is it worth the first round pick?
Looking at the Dees wingers, Langdon and Brayshaw should give us some perspective.
Did we do enough or offer an amount to keep Ed?
Was there any truth in the Blakely rumour?
Both wingers are running machines more defensive than outside guns.
Game was won in the middle, and ruck with a medium forward dominating his position.
With Fyfe’s Mundy age and now Cerra leaving, either picks in the first round have to include a mid.
With Serong, Brayshaw, who will fit in best, has the strength. Height, size to go with the oppositions inside beast?
Adding pace without menace to a side already soft I believe is a
Recipe for disaster.
Outside players are the cream, they need to be fed the ball.
The issue is are Valente, NOD, AFL quality?
Can we develop one of the backs to play mid?
Erasmus sounds like the player we are desperate for, too many holes to fix all at once.
Callahan, Goater, Flight risks?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking at the Dees wingers, Langdon and Brayshaw should give us some perspective.
Game was won in the middle, and ruck with a medium forward dominating his position.
With Fyfe’s Mundy age and now Cerra leaving, either picks in the first round have to include a mid.
With Serong, Brayshaw, who will fit in best, has the strength. Height, size to go with the oppositions inside beast?
Recipe for disaster.
Erasmus sounds like the player we are desperate for, too many holes to fix all at once.

If we end up with 2 top 10 picks then the temptation will definitely be there to fill the Fyfe and Mundy vacuum.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Recipe for disaster.
Langdon said the other day that he became demotivated by losing. Didn't like playing under Ross and wanted to be closer to family. If we had of been playing finals he may have stayed a bit longer, but always had one foot out of the door, it seems.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Well my thread is up on the Phantoms board if anyone is interested. And if you can't be bothered, here's my rankings...

1. Jason Horne-Francis (184cm, 78kg from SA)
2. Nick Daicos (183cm, 72kg from Vic Metro)
3. Neil Erasmus (188cm, 80kg from WA)
4. Finn Callaghan (189cm, 82kg from Vic Metro)
5. Josh Ward (181cm, 79kg from Vic Metro)
6. Josh Rachele (180cm, 78kg from Vic Country)
7. Matthew Roberts (184cm, 80kg from SA)
8. Sam Darcy (204cm, 75kg from Vic Metro)
9. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (188cm, 70kg from SA)
10. Jye Amiss (195cm, 83kg from WA)

11. Josh Sinn (186cm, 73kg from Vic Metro)
12. Matthew Johnson (192cm, 80kg from WA)
13. Arlo Draper (186cm, 75kg from SA)
14. Ben Hobbs (183cm, 80kg from Vic Country)
15. Jacob van Rooyen (194cm, 88kg from WA)
16. Tyler Sonsie (181cm, 77kg from Vic Metro)
17. Josh Gibcus (195cm, 84kg from Vic Country)
18. Mitch Knevitt (193cm, 83kg from Vic Country)
19. Darcy Wilmot (183cm, 75kg from Vic Metro)
20. Josh Goater (190cm, 79kg from Vic Country)

21. Leek Alleer (196cm, 84kg from SA)
22. Mac Andrew (200cm, 70kg from Vic Country)
23. Brady Hough (189cm, 71kg from WA)
24. Campbell Chesser (186cm, 83kg from Vic Country)
25. Jesse Motlop (176cm, 74kg from WA)
26. Zac Taylor (180cm, 74kg from Vic Metro)
27. Jack Williams (195cm, 91kg from WA)
28. Ned Long (192cm, 88kg from Vic Metro)
29. Blake Howes (190cm, 79kg from Vic Metro)
30. Cooper Beecken (190cm, 73kg from SA)

31. Connor Macdonald (184cm, 65kg from Vic Country)
32. Josh Fahey (186cm, 76kg from GWS)
33. Joshua Browne (185cm, 77kg from WA)
34. Cooper Murley (178cm, 70kg from SA)
35. Rhett Bazzo (195cm, 81kg from WA)
36. Jase Burgoyne (186cm, 65kg from SA)
37. Lewis Rayson (183cm, 69kg from SA)
38. Sam Butler (184cm, 73kg from Vic Country)
39. Isaiah Dudley (168cm, 70kg from SA)
40. Tom Brown (184cm, 73kg from Vic Country)

41. Hugh Jackson (181cm, 70kg from SA)
42. James Willis (180cm, 75kg from SA)
43. Judson Clarke (179cm, 69kg from Vic Country)
44. Zac Becker (190cm, 92kg from SA)
45. Toby Conway (204cm, 90kg from Vic Country)
46. Kade Dittmar (186cm, 90kg from WA)
47. Morgan Ferres (190cm, 80kg from SA)
48. Alastair Lord (180cm, 76kg from SA)
49. Will Spain (178cm, 69kg from SA)
50. Luka Whitelum (188cm, 77kg from SA)

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Recipe for disaster.
Yeah to see we have a few needs is an understatement. We need:
- 2 KPFs
- 1 Mid forward
- 1 Small forward
- 1 Winger
- 1 Defensive mid
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
Yeah to see we have a few needs is an understatement. We need:
- 2 KPFs
- 1 Mid forward
- 1 Small forward
- 1 Winger
- 1 Defensive mid
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement
I'll play along for fun:
- 2 KPFs - Amiss 8, JVR 10
- 1 Mid forward - Sturt
- 1 Small forward - Motlop (2nd round)
- 1 Winger - Freddie, (and Chapman the other)
- 1 Defensive mid - Serong, with Neale coming back next year or 2023 at latest.
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement - Fyfe forward expt didn't work and he said he's going back to the middle.

Done.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'll play along for fun:
- 2 KPFs - Amiss 8, JVR 10
- 1 Mid forward - Sturt
- 1 Small forward - Motlop (2nd round)
- 1 Winger - Freddie, (and Chapman the other)
- 1 Defensive mid - Serong, with Neale coming back next year or 2023 at latest.
- 1 Scoring mid/Cez replacement - Fyfe forward expt didn't work and he said he's going back to the middle.

Done.
Fredrick and Chapman will never play a single minute on the wing for this club.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fredrick is a pressure forward at AFL level or playing SNAFL. Wing is hard position to play and pace is just one of the qualifications (and it's a defensive one, I.e getting into defensive space quickly). Hasn't shown he's anything beyond a see ball get ball/ see player tackle player player imo.
Of course I hope I'm wrong for our sake.

Back