List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still think we will draft Erasmus. Can you imagine the melts if he turned out to be a star and we didnt take him with either of our top 10picks.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm of the opinion that Freo will be inclined as usual to go best available. The choices will be
pick 8 Erasmus.
Pick 10 Sheldrick.
Pick 21 Amiss.
JVR will be gone in the first 15 IMHO , Motlop will go 18 or 19
We need a key forward more than a Swing Man .
Late picks could get us Dittmar and South
Rookie draft I would like Benning and Paton.
No way we go all WA boys, it’s just not the Freo way😜
You will have to be happy with maybe 3?
Sheldrick will go late second round probably to WC.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Performance was so bad they didn't even cover him in the scouting notes... not a good sign

It's the same in the thread for that game on the D+T thread. Was invisible.
Almost like he wasn't out there 😛

Performance was so bad they didn't even cover him in the scouting notes... not a good sign

It's the same in the thread for that game on the D+T thread. Was invisible.
Almost like he wasn't out there 😛
A) So he didnt play?
B) Were you taking the piss WTG or didnt know he didnt play?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
The ones highlighted in bold below are the ones IMO may have a chance at AFL....

Official AFL Website of the Fremantle Dockers (fremantlefc.com.au)
  • Cole Agnew
  • Kendyll Blurton (very small midfielder but with decent numbers at Colts, made the U17 squad)
  • Chase Bourne (goal kicking midfielder / forward, decent at WAFL Colts, made U17 squad)
  • Jaren Carr
  • Seth Connor
  • William Dimasi
  • Josh Draper (Mid / Forward who got selected for U17 squad)
  • Dom Dravitzki
  • Anthony Ghiselli
  • Brodie Ginbey
  • Kai Holmes
  • Kai Humphry
  • Jack Ilott
  • Tristian Jacques (195cm Ruckman - very decent hitouts at WAFL colts level)
  • Simon James
  • Rickardo Jetta
  • Ashwin Malik
  • Dallas McAdam
  • Rohan McNeill
  • Tyler Piazzola
  • Tryse Rioli
  • Graham Sandy
  • Jasper Scaife (Key forward, currently 195cm, been useful for East Freo but has a lot of competition at WAFL level)
  • Ahmad Sgro
  • Clayton Taylor
  • Conrad Williams (182cm Wingman with low stats, picked in the U17 squad)
  • Christian Wilson
  • William Wolf (200cm ruckman)
  • Xavier Wright
  • Norman Yarran
On this, Jacques and Blurton are 2021 guys. Blurton part of our academy this year but not able for us to be bid on (No idea why, not the only player)

A few guys who have played WAFL this year and could surprise include Simon James, Ashwin Malik (Also made the u17 squad), Rohan McNeill, Dallas McAdam, Brodie Ginbey, Clayton Taylor and Christian Wilson. In particular I think Malik, McNeill, McAdam and Wilson could all make it

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Is there a replay of the 2nd game anywhere you have found? I found a YouTube version a few days after but it got removed I'm assuming.
Nah would only be that youtube video I assume, shouldnt have been taken down i wouldnt have thought

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You sly bastards have got me on the Ward train. Didn't think he'd be any chance to last to our pick but now you've got my hopes up.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
A) So he didnt play?
B) Were you taking the piss WTG or didnt know he didnt play?
I honestly didn't know he wasn't playing but I was watching it on a mobile whilst doing a bunch of other stuff in my defence (and the team list I was referring to had him on it so I assumed I was watching him out on the wing for SA). Trying to work out who I thought was him now :) Tbh I wasn't overly impressed with his 2nd game either though - and I did watch that game closely. There were glimpses but he reminds me too much of Liam Henry with both trying to do too much. People talk about them both as elite kicks but it's not that long penetrating bullet that a Young has. It's the dual sided short to medium range hitting a target off either side. In theory I like the idea of NWM I just have this horrible feeling we'd end up with a purely outside winger without elite endurance or speed and not a majorly penetrating boot. I think Rachelle is a much better and more useful kick personally - but he's also rated higher so we may not get a chance at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
My understanding is that he is not a pure zippy, small forward that you’d put straight into a pocket and crumb and pressure all day. Rather more a half forward that likes to run through the middle. More in the Ainsworth, Jack Higgins, Gresham mould. Good players but I wouldn’t want to spend a top 10 pick on.

Like I said, I haven’t watched anything beyond a couple of clips of him so could be way off.

I get the same impression, maybe a Shaun Higgins style.

Is he top 10…. Some people think so.

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
No way we go all WA boys, it’s just not the Freo way😜
You will have to be happy with maybe 3?
Sheldrick will go late second round probably to WC.
We did in last years main draft 4 picks 4 WA boys.
Treacy rookie draft - CVic

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I honestly didn't know he wasn't playing but I was watching it on a mobile whilst doing a bunch of other stuff in my defence (and the team list I was referring to had him on it so I assumed I was watching him out on the wing for SA). Trying to work out who I thought was him now :) Tbh I wasn't overly impressed with his 2nd game either though - and I did watch that game closely. There were glimpses but he reminds me too much of Liam Henry with both trying to do too much. People talk about them both as elite kicks but it's not that long penetrating bullet that a Young has. It's the dual sided short to medium range hitting a target off either side. In theory I like the idea of NWM I just have this horrible feeling we'd end up with a purely outside winger without elite endurance or speed and not a majorly penetrating boot. I think Rachelle is a much better and more useful kick personally - but he's also rated higher so we may not get a chance at him.

I initially mistook Burgoyne (7) for NWM on Sunday - I was thinking "something about this guy is very different" and then "wasn't NWM was No 13 last time"? Then I checked the numbers and realised my mistake.

On this, Jacques and Blurton are 2021 guys. Blurton part of our academy this year but not able for us to be bid on (No idea why, not the only player)

A few guys who have played WAFL this year and could surprise include Simon James, Ashwin Malik (Also made the u17 squad), Rohan McNeill, Dallas McAdam, Brodie Ginbey, Clayton Taylor and Christian Wilson. In particular I think Malik, McNeill, McAdam and Wilson could all make it

Thanks Bastyy, I knew I was going to end up picking out some 2021 guys and I also thought McAdam was this year not next (Although I put him in the list?!?!? - im so confused); if McAdam is next year then yes I think he could definitely be one that potentially makes it. Is there anyone else I am missing off that list?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Bell's interview is in clubs website. He says Key Position Forward,SA,VIC,WA etc wont be a consideration at pick 6 and 8.... and will go best available... and will use pick 19 most likely unless we get a good pick next year or a small slide this year plus another pick next year...

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

a good pick next year….interesting.

someone like Sheldrick late could be a go if we say traded 19 for a late teens pick next year.

Oct 19, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
a good pick next year….interesting.

someone like Sheldrick late could be a go if we say traded 19 for a late teens pick next year.
He also said some clubs already called to discuss about pick 19.. but wont do anything now as the value will be always increasing and in the 24 hours between draft days,they get more time to decide what is good.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back