List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Like some others on here I really rate Sheldrik. Only downside is we don't want anymore short people
Has Lachie Neale clone written all over him ...even wears no 27

Unfortunately the toast look like getting bargain to me...in the 30s I reckon
Geelong to jump in and take him ahead of the Toast? They seem to have a knack for it

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I want 2 med/tall forwards

1. We have nothing in that department other than Sturt (? Body)
2. One may not live up to expectations

I think both Erasmus and JVR/Amiss play that role in their first 1 or 2 years. I'm also bullish on Sturt being fit, available and playing well.

We might also rookie list Brander who fits that role imo.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Would most be happy if we ended up with Erasmus, JVR (or Amiss, whoever we rate as best tall forward) and Motlop.

Addresses our most pressing needs imo i.e. wing, tall forward, small forward.
I would prefer to take another player instead of Motlop in the hope he gets past 40. I'm not convinced he is a better small forward option than Butler at our 3rd pick, and anyway would prefer Hough.

I struggle with the idea of saying we have picks 8 & 10 instead of 6 & 8.
Basically Daicos & Darcy are not available in the general draft pool. We have the 6th & 8th pick from the players that are available for draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 4 years, when we trade out the Vic Metro kid we draft, are they are going to say he was drafted at 8 or 10?

Basically Daicos & Darcy are not available in the general draft pool. We have the 6th & 8th pick from the players that are available for draft.

We will get to pick the 8th and 10th best player in the draft.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

We must have similar brain cells
If Daicos is the first guy picked he’s pick 1
It’s not like they are in their own special pool .

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

We will get to pick the 8th and 10th best player in the draft.
In real terms we'll (likely) make the 8th & 10th picks/selections on draft night.

Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
I am not really enamoured with Amiss, you don't pick a guy that can't kick beyond 40 meters, he isn't really solid looking, I know he may fill out and muscle up but to me he doesn't look the type. Van Rooyen on the other hand kills 2 birds with 1 stone, he could quite easily be a very good key defender as well as a forward. That is an asset you want to get hold of ,he looks like he will grow into a very strong unit. He is as close to our Pavlich replacement you're going to get.
We need to ensure we get him.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sort of getting around the idea of Rachelle at 6, Erasmus 8 and JVR at 19.

If we're worried JVR will be gone by 19..grab him at 8.
If you want Erasmus you take him at 6. Rachele would be nice but he isn't a necessity. If we miss out on him at 8 we take Milera.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Based on four games he played?
He played a fair bit of footy in 2019.

Hayden Young would have played against him back then so he probably knows how good he was as a 16yo.

11 goals in 4 games in 2021
8 goals in 4 games in 2019

He played as a mid a fair bit.

I was also impressed by some of what he did in the Academy v Geelong VFL game.

Last edited:

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
Based on four games he played?
Siders from Claremont similar situation . Fantastic young footballer absolutely loved by all.the Claremont colts players . Great skills reading the play , fantasticat finding space in the corridor. Exquisite skills both sides of the body .His problem was he is 165cm tall .

Back