List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to know more.

How much of him have you seen?

When you say "all class" do you include disposals (I thought kicking was a knock on him)?

What are your thoughts on his forward ability?
Big edit. Brain fart after long day. Read Amiss not Erasmus.
I haven’t seen Erasmus but have heard the PSA coaches talk about him.
yes a small knock on his field kicking. “Will benefit from an AFL programme”

Last edited:
General question
Scenario 1
8. Rachelle (Fwd/mid) 10. Erasmus (medium tall Mid/fwd).
19. JVR
42. Motlop (bid match)
Trade pick in the late 50’s for F4
Or
Scenario 2
8. Rachelle (Fwd/mid) 10. Erasmus (medium tall Mid/fwd)
Trade 21 & pick in 50’s for 26 (Hawks) & F2 (Hawks)
26. Jack Williams
42. Motlop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General question
Scenario 1
8. Rachelle (Fwd/mid) 10. Erasmus (medium tall Mid/fwd).
19. JVR
42. Motlop (bid match)
Trade pick in the late 50’s for F4
Or
Scenario 2
8. Rachelle (Fwd/mid) 10. Erasmus (medium tall Mid/fwd)
Trade 21 & pick in 50’s for 26 (Hawks) & F2 (Hawks)
26. Jack Williams
42. Motlop
JVR; unlikely he will be there at our 3rd. And I really like that Hawthorn f2. Good dilemma. JVR for me if available.

I reckon Mac is gone before our pick...in a way hope he is as it takes away the high risk/reward option and guarantees quality mids will still be on the table come our picks

Richmond are more likely to take Amiss (guess work but would think they might bank a developing tall forward) - so if we want him I think we pull the trigger at 6....Tiges take whoever and then to me it is next best talent. Then we grab whoever Erasmus or Ward ....good chance Rachele is there too.

19 is a crap shoot...if JVR somehow slips (not an impossibility) - really hope we pull the trigger.

Interesting - our forward line has been a weak spot for years - it would be a weird old draft if we took Amiss, Racehle and JVR in one draft and just said **** it going to fix it here and now.

This is going to be one hell of a ride from pick 2 onwards...what do we do if Hobbs is on the table at pick 6? Best available or pick for need.

We're just blessed to have 2 picks inside top 10 and I can't wait to see who we take.

Freo draft Jack Darling and with Pavlich kick the Dockers to their first flag.
Nah it’ll be alright we’ll take Victorian Pitt instead.
Freo rinse and repeat, we need more speed and a ruck/forward.
Darling drafted in 2010, it’s not the now it’s 3 years later that counts.
Freo 2024, no Tabs, Lobb, Walters. But those goals on the run, outside 50, gold.

Freo 2024, no Tabs, Lobb, Walters. But those goals on the run, outside 50, gold.
Darling has been the worst finals player in the History of the AFL. If he plays in 2013 we lose by 30 points.

I'm all for having a go at list management.

Darling was seriously getting drunk in public in his draft year, clubs could keep up with his partying.

Pitt was pretty good but had heart issues that force him to retire.

I've read a lot of draft profiles over the years and most are over the top positive and set unrealistic expectations on young players. So instead I thought I'd set the expectations much lower so all of them can exceed them post draft... :)

WayToGo's Brutal Assessment of This Year's Top Draft Prospects

Jason Horne-Francis
- already cursed having been compared to Fyfe and Danger
Nick Daicos - not even the best prospect in the pool
Sam Darcy - elite at out-marking defenders 20cm shorter than him
Finn Callaghan - very good at evading the pressure he creates for himself
Ben Hobbs - solid role-player
Josh Ward - solid hand-baller
Josh Gibcus - fondly remembered for when Jordan Johnston (who?) kicked 4 goals on him
Mac Andrew - very raw with massive expectations placed on him, what could go wrong?
Josh Rachele - perhaps the next Toby Greene, what could go wrong?
Neil Erasmus - injured most of the year with a bad 'corkie', what could go wrong?
Jye Amiss - exceptional set shot goal kicker... if inside 35m
Arlo Draper - very versatile, capable of being average in any position
Matthew Johnson - you want a tall slow midfielder?
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera - best on the spot dancer with ball in hand
Josh Sinn - will be exciting to watch breaking lines before he bombs it long straight to the opposition
Tyler Sonsie - underrated... every bit as good as the other twenty or so sub 6' draft-able midfielders in the pool
Matthew Roberts - looks at home playing state league football
Josh Goater - rumour is he hit a target by foot once
Sam Butler - better haircut than his brother
Campbell Chesser - a self confessed friend of Eddie McGuire... clearly mentally unstable
Jacob Van Rooyen - question marks about off-field behaviour after he contracted Glandular
Darcy Wilmot - solid thinker whilst bolting out of defence, struggles a bit with what's next though
Tom Brown - that name alone should disqualify you from being drafted. change your name kid
Jesse Motlop - somehow manages to look fat at only 74kg
Marcus Windhager - tied to Saint's NGA, deepest sympathies
Toby Conway - easily the best ruck in a pool of sh*t rucks
Jack Williams - seems to have worked hard putting on weight this year, just not muscle unfortunately
Zac Taylor - smaller midfielder anyone?
Blake Howes - anyone need a Blake Acres type?
Rhett Bazzo - coaches can swing him into attack... if they are idiots
This is brilliant! Hahaha

Top mid and top KPF with 6 and 8 .Then see How the cards fall with 19. :thumbsu:
Come on all you who are calling for mids with 6 and 8 and hope a KPF falls to 19 .You know I,m right .:p

I really don't mind the idea of trading 8 (10) down on the night depending who's there, however list spots will be interesting but it would pretty much guarantee you can trade out 19 to get some future capital back as well.

I hear all the people saying the KPF available this year aren't number 1 types, but I'm pretty sure we need second tall types as well and another third tall to go with Treacy so I hardly see a problem there.
I'm on the JVR bandwagon but fully acknowledge we look like a very low percentage chance of going for him.

Unless there's some big surprises in the picks before us I struggle to see a scenario we would take 2 mids, the closest would be a mid and small fwd (eg. Rachele).
Gibcus should be taken already, but if he isn't could cause us fans some nervous moments (they can't take moooore defenders can they??).
Maybe Ward + Erasmus if they were both there is the riskiest case for 'best available'? Assuming Hobbs is out due to list fit..
How does Ward compare to an Andrew Brayshaw type?

We have a forward/ruck who has indicated he is going to leave, and we should replace him. That looks likely via Andrew in this draft, a trade at end of year, or next year's draft.

In addition to that I think we add a KPF in this draft and Benning as a Cat B.

We have a forward/ruck who has indicated he is going to leave, and we should replace him. That looks likely via Andrew in this draft, a trade at end of year, or next year's draft.

In addition to that I think we add a KPF in this draft and Benning as a Cat B.

I’m starting to think of Benning as a Hail Mary. Warming to the idea of Amiss and JVR for our first two picks. Take the HFF at 19, Hough, Sheldrick, Draper, or even Johnson if we get lucky.

I’m starting to think of Benning as a Hail Mary. Warming to the idea of Amiss and JVR for our first two picks. Take the HFF at 19, Hough, Sheldrick, Draper, or even Johnson if we get lucky.
Don’t think freo will take 2 key forwards with first 2 picks. It’s pretty clear they are looking for pace too. NWM would be great get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back