List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams is interesting. Almost certain to be there at 19...if they think he's good enough he may be tall and strong enough to be the Tomahawk forward/ruck.

If they see him as a possibility that really opens up the first two picks, but also gives us the scope for that 19 to be traded.

I hope they rate him.. then no need to take forward at 6 & 8 if they dont rate JVR or Amiss that high.

Id take Amiss tho

That's so Freo. Draft the Key Forward we desperately need.... once it gets too hard make him into a defender.

At least there's no option for Amiss.

What is the knock on Amiss ?.

Got oodles of goals for the Royal’s, and was highly rated by the experts. Now it seems that punters are going lukewarm on him, and pushing JVR.

R
has overtaken his Subiaco midfield teammate Matt Johnson in the draft pecking order. Earned a late call
What is the knock on Amiss ?.

Got oodles of goals for the Royal’s, and was highly rated by the experts. Now it seems that punters are going lukewarm on him, and pushing JVR.
Nothing at pick 10, better options at 8.

Jack Williams Draft Profile

Club: East Fremantle

Date of birth: 1/12/2003 (age 17)

Height: 195cm

Weight: 95kg

Position: Key forward / ruck / defender

AFL player comparison: Oscar A

Strengths: Versatility, goalkicking, athleticism, great tank

Question mark: Is he aggressive enough?

2021 averages: 14.5 disposals, 9.2 hitouts, 5.9 marks, 2.7 goals per game (WAFL colts)

THE QUOTE

I probably see him as a natural forward with the way he attacks the ball and his leap. East Fremantle colts coach Adrian Ricciardello on the versatile Williams

THE WEST AUSTRALIAN’S JORDAN McARDLE SAYS:

Another exciting tall in the west, versatile East Fremantle talent Jack Williams has shown he can play up forward, down back or in the ruck. Coming from a basketball background, the 17-year-old has only focused solely on footy the past few years. The 195cm talent got a great set of hands, is athletic with a huge leap and decent engine and is terrific at ground level for a big lad. Booted 40 goals in 15 colts appearances this season and also had some big games in the ruck.

WAFC STATE TALENT MANAGER ADAM JONES SAYS:

“We think Jack is a really good key-position prospect. He’s a big kid and going to have a really big frame. “He’s got a big tank, big work ethic and he’s a pretty smart footballer. “He’s still got aspects to improve in his game with his body work and different things but he’s a really intelligent and coachable kid. “I’ve got great confidence that he’s going to keep improving once he’s in the system. “He had a terrific year in the colts and he was really valuable for us in the last game against South Australia as a key forward, knowing where to go and providing an option to straighten the team up. “His ability as back-up ruckman at this level was exceptional and his ruck craft is quite advanced for a kid of his age.”

Expected draft range: Second round onwards

Freo's previously stated that we're interested in bringing in a forward/ruck.

If we're to believe this, we're probably looking at drafting Mac Andrew or Jack Williams.

I think our drafting permutations this year will depend on what happens with Andrew - if he's gone before our first pick then I can see us picking a combination of mids and/or smaller forwards with 8 & 10, and targeting Williams in the second round. 19 would be traded out for a 2022 future pick and a 2021 second round pick a couple of spots back so that we could grab Williams.

Don’t think Amiss is worth pick 8, nor is JVR. To go that early you need height, size, speed, elevation, strength.
Lately Tall forwards are closer to 200cm, that is the trend.
Amiss is more medium/tall than tall forward, his build he wont
be a contested power forward. He doesn’t tick all the boxes.
Definitely Gunston or Fritsch, 3rd tall.
JVR definitely ticks more boxes, maybe Oscar Allen type?
Even Naughton who ticks a lot of boxes went at 9, his attack, elevation on the ball is first class, if he was 197cm he would of gone top 5.

increments of centimetre perfect (hi Dennis), McAndrew should be no 1

This trade looks pretty good. I'm pretty sure we'd do it as it guarantees us a top mid, and I'd say GWS probably would too as long as they weren't too concerned about Gold Coast taking Andrew.

Not sure if I'm being biased, but the deal may need Freo to throw us a future third and GWS to throw you a future fourth to justify us losing 26, but even without that this is still probably a win/win/win trade.

Yeah it is a pretty good trade, I don't think any party would be too upset.
I think every team would think they deserve a slight sweetener, but (also biased) I'd be thinking it was the Tigers giving it as you're upgrading to #2 which would typically be very expensive and there's two clear cut openly available players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All replays here

I encourage everyone to go and watch the Academy boys v Geebung’s 2s game here. JVR is pretty underwhelming, Erasmus only shows up for a qtr and Rachele is pretty good but not mindblowing.

Quite sobering stuff. Yes, they’re playing against Men and yes, Geebung are thugs, but yeah I wanted to see a bit more x-factor and flair from our likely first rounders.

Hope we choose wisely.

I encourage everyone to go and watch the Academy boys v Geebung’s 2s game here. JVR is pretty underwhelming, Erasmus only shows up for a qtr and Rachele is pretty good but not mindblowing.

Quite sobering stuff. Yes, they’re playing against Men and yes, Geebung are thugs, but yeah I wanted to see a bit more x-factor and flair from our likely first rounders.

Hope we choose wisely.
The team was being held together by tape and had about 3 days (from memory) to actually train together versus a Geelong VFL unit that had been training together for god knows how long

There's almost nothing to take out of that game and not really worth a watch. I'm sure if you asked an AFL recruiter of games this year that matter towards draft standing, that wouldn't have been one of them

Hope we choose wisely.
Pretty harsh on the forwards including Erasmus and Rachele who both played forward. The midfielders got absolutely smashed. They hardly got the ball past the centre line for most of the game. As Bastyy says above I wouldn't be disqualifying players due to that game - because you'd have to disqualify everyone. I think there were some good glimpses though - eg Rachele and JHF.

Hope we choose wisely.

1634647017133.png

well thank you very much Dockernut... you just popped the bag...it had to be popped :mask:

Why is Motlop so high in most mock drafts? He has only had one decent game for Souths hasn't he?
Being a SF supporter I watch him as much as I can. I like his desire to tackle. Against the bigger bodies of Subi and Claremont he couldn’t stick them and he looked ordinary. Against others they stuck and he looked great.
A couple of AFL seasons and he will be a great pick up

Being a SF supporter I watch him as much as I can. I like his desire to tackle. Against the bigger bodies of Subi and Claremont he couldn’t stick them and he looked ordinary. Against others they stuck and he looked great.
A couple of AFL seasons and he will be a great pick up
I agree after a few seasons I see him being a solid small forward. He has done very well for someone his age and size at league level.

The team was being held together by tape and had about 3 days (from memory) to actually train together versus a Geelong VFL unit that had been training together for god knows how long

There's almost nothing to take out of that game and not really worth a watch. I'm sure if you asked an AFL recruiter of games this year that matter towards draft standing, that wouldn't have been one of them

Yep. Agreed, and the lack of preparation shows.

I have liked more of what I’ve seen from JVR in the State U 19 games and I’m sure Erasmus is more consistent in his Hale outings, I guess for potential mid top ten picks I just expected players to stand out a bit more.

3 days generous, Rankin found out the day before that he had gotten the opportunity to play in the game, and if Erasmus is to be believed the WA boys were sure they wouldnt be playing due to COVID concerns so stayed up and ate s**t the night before

What are the chances Motlop becomes a decent midfielder down the track? Getting some Lachie Neale vibes about him.

What are the chances Motlop becomes a decent midfielder down the track? Getting some Lachie Neale vibes about him.

Would need a massive effort to improve his endurance; even in the state games it seemed that ran out of steam probably faster than any other player on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back