List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop goes at 37 in the BF draft - to WC! A steal that late imo.
Won’t happen with free Willie back.
Why would they want a small forward?
I think they will take a tall, the rest mids.
They have a pick at 14 I think, reckon if JVR is there that’s when they will strike.

Love the look of Aleer. Best contested mark in the draft. Dominated SANFL so is absolutely ready to play. Low risk draft pick but still incredible upside. Would rather him than Andrew who is miles off it.

Wouldn't surprise me if we took him - despite our plethora of backs - and then maybe moved Chapman forward. Heck wouldn't surprise me if Freo selected Aleer and tried him forward.

They have a pick at 14 I think, reckon if JVR is there that’s when they will strike.
As much i'd love to see them put all their eggs in the Willie basket I don't think the Eagles will be that stupid, especially with Cameron going as well. If he's there at 37 I can't imagine them ignoring that talent.

I encourage everyone to go and watch the Academy boys v Geebung’s 2s game here. JVR is pretty underwhelming, Erasmus only shows up for a qtr and Rachele is pretty good but not mindblowing.

Quite sobering stuff. Yes, they’re playing against Men and yes, Geebung are thugs, but yeah I wanted to see a bit more x-factor and flair from our likely first rounders.

Hope we choose wisely.

JVR suffered from glandular fever earlier in the year didn't he. It takes months to recover. Think it was Twomey who said recruiters will be aware of this and place an emphasis on the end of his season where JVR dominated. By contrast Amiss didn't do as well late in the season in some big games.

I'm a patient man
Both could play that third or fourth forward until #1 or #2 opens up.
Love the look of Aleer. Best contested mark in the draft. Dominated SANFL so is absolutely ready to play. Low risk draft pick but still incredible upside. Would rather him than Andrew who is miles off it.

Wouldn't surprise me if we took him - despite our plethora of backs - and then maybe moved Chapman forward. Heck wouldn't surprise me if Freo selected Aleer and tried him forward.
Where would Mac Andrew be in two years so we can compare apples with apples?

Both could play that third or fourth forward until #1 or #2 opens up.

Where would Mac Andrew be in two years so we can compare apples with apples?

Good chance that Andrew never really comes along as a good player like lots of tall kids who flash potential.

Aleer is already there and still has huge upside and can help us win straight away/will be peaking in time - hopefully - for a flag tilt. Again - he is key defender/intercept marker though and we have a lot of those, but on talent/upside he deserves to be in the 6 to 8 pick conversation.

Good chance that Andrew never really comes along as a good player like lots of tall kids who flash potential.

Aleer is already there and still has huge upside and can help us win straight away/will be peaking in time - hopefully - for a flag tilt. Again - he is key defender/intercept marker though and we have a lot of those, but on talent/upside he deserves to be in the 6 to 8 pick conversation.
I'm expecting Aleer to last until quite late in the draft so we could pick up both of them and find out.

JVR suffered from glandular fever earlier in the year didn't he. It takes months to recover. Think it was Twomey who said recruiters will be aware of this and place an emphasis on the end of his season where JVR dominated. By contrast Amiss didn't do as well late in the season in some big games.
JVR is the obvious choice of the tall options , He is versatile I agree he looks more a defender but goals when playing forward he has a higher game average than Amiss. The biggest difference between Amiss and JVR is JVR steps up in the big games.

If they value an early pick they would.

You normally pay 20 to 30% extra to move up the draft order.

True yeah. Would you guys do that trade? I tend to value quantity over quality as there are 22 blokes on the field. For example I think it's crazy North pushed back Adelaide's offer for pick 1. Imagine if Horne-Francis did a couple of ACLs and was never the same. I think there is a greater chance of two high picks succeeding then one ultra good pick. 14 and 18 could net us JVR and Goater which would give us greater spread of talent across the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True yeah. Would you guys do that trade? I tend to value quantity over quality as there are 22 blokes on the field. For example I think it's crazy North pushed back Adelaide's offer for pick 1. Imagine if Horne-Francis did a couple of ACLs and was never the same. I think there is a greater chance of two high picks succeeding then one ultra good pick. 14 and 18 could net us JVR and Goater which would give us greater spread of talent across the 22.
AFL Draft Pick Value Comparison - All Time - Draftguru

Pick 1 their a 50% chance you get an All Australian and 47 Brownlow votes average.

Pick 6 - 10 you have a 18% chance of an AA and 4 Brownlow votes average.

Wouldn’t mind this at 19.
Set the record for the highest running vertical, so could be the guy to replace the pea-heart as the back up ruck, + add some durability to the brittle boned backline.

Wouldn’t mind this at 19.
Set the record for the highest running vertical, so could be the guy to replace the pea-heart as the back up ruck, + add some durability to the brittle boned backline.
He does have some time forward in that video.

Is his kicking worse than Naughton?

Can be pinch hit in the ruck?

He does have some time forward in that video.

Is his kicking worse than Naughton?

Can be pinch hit in the ruck?
Always interesting watching these highlight vids for the acts that aren't being highlighted, so to speak. The theme of this vid is marking, spoiling and tackling. For that reason, what stands out to me is the loose ball pick-ups and some decent kicking under pressure.

They've lost Cameron. Cripps and Willie are old. Unlike us, they value small forwards.

What have you been drinking ?? Have you seen Mac Andrews highlights ? miles off it ??????????? He has huge upside and already looks sharp, concise handling of the ball, marking is exceptional, ball use great, his rucking is already looking really good , Observing him against Aleer, in my opinion he looks a lot better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back