List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically if Mac Andrew is sitting there at 6(8) and GWS calls and offer 13(15) and a future first, do we take it?
8-Erasmus/Johnson/Amiss
15-Amiss/JVR/NVM/Goater
21-JVR/Motlop/Draper

Take another 2 firsts into next year.

Hypothetically if Mac Andrew is sitting there at 6(8) and GWS calls and offer 13(15) and a future first, do we take it?
8-Erasmus/Johnson/Amiss
15-Amiss/JVR/NVM/Goater
21-JVR/Motlop/Draper

A lot may depend on who's taken in the first seven picks.

Let's assume we rate JHF, Darcy and Daicos top three but our fourth or even fifth rated player is still there. We probably don't do the trade imo.

The Sunday Times can reveal Fremantle has nominated Benning as a potential NGA selection, likewise with classy South Fremantle forward Jesse Motlop, ahead of the draft on November 24.

Does this mean none of our other NGA prospects have been nominated? Particularly Bartlett and Walker?

Does this mean none of our other NGA prospects have been nominated? Particularly Bartlett and Walker?
I thought nominations for the National Draft and Rookie Draft were seperate.

Let's face it Motlop will go in National Draft, Benning probably will and the other two are no chance.

I doubt we'd use a rookie spot (even Cat B) on either Bartlett or Walker though tbh.

8-Erasmus/Johnson/Amiss
15-Amiss/JVR/NVM/Goater
21-JVR/Motlop/Draper

I assume your pick 8 is pick 8(10).

I would do that (and I also wouldn't mind if we actually took Andrew). But I would hope we can find a tall KPF with more proven forward craft and some 2nd ruck ability in next year's draft.

I was a big van Rooyen fan heading into the season, I had him as a potential top 10 pick. And I'm still a van Rooyen fan, I rate him higher than I think he gets picked up. But if I have the choice of only one, I'd go for Jye Amiss. I think he fits our team better

I think people are putting JVR in the KPF scenario,

I think he’s more a 3rd tall fwd who will create a difficult mismatch.

He’s also potentially a 2nd or 3rd tall defender.

Re Key forwards in this years draft… it’s a difficult draft for them, Darcy is clear top pegging but I don’t think Amiss is a top 10…

There in lies the quandary with our picks.

Benning is a development option.

Twomey and Shifter did a mock first round based on needs and we took Hobbs and Amiss. Erasmus went inbetween the two and Johnson went to Essn. JVR went at 17 to Richmond.

Interestingly they were both given one pick at who Freo should take with the first pick of the second round and Shifter said Warner, Twomey considered Motlop but settled on Butler. Arlo and Knevitt not mentioned at all through the mock.

Last edited:
Twomey and Shifter did a mock first round based on needs and we took Hobbs and Amiss. Erasmus went inbetween the two and Johnson went to Essn. JVR went at 17 to Richmond.

Interestingly they were both given one pick at who Freo should take with the first pick of the second round and Shifter said Warner, Twomey considered Motlop but settled on Butler. Arlo and Knevitt not mentioned at all through the mock.
Who did the Eagles pick up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be fascinating on the night if we have the choice between Hobbs, Erasmus and Johnson.

I think Warner would be a good pick if freo take a midfield & tall forward with 6 & 8.. need some outside run

Will be fascinating on the night if we have the choice between Hobbs, Erasmus and Johnson.
If we take a Victorian mid, we’ll take 2. Just like we did with Brayshaw and Cerra 😜
I can see our first pick used on Erasmus because he is multi positioned, and after Fritsch’s season why wouldn’t you?
Guy can fix the forward line, and like Mundy eventually play centre.
Let the Tigers take what they want, just not Neil.
That second round pick is going to be the bomb though.

The two I want are Johnson and Amiss, in that order.
They will certainly be on the shopping list, and it will be interesting to see who slides from GWS, Crows, Hawks pick?
But we will do really well regardless, and Walls appears to be
an upgrade on Lloyd.
I think that list has all of 3 WA boys on it, but it could be similar to when Young was still on the board.
A Callaghan, Andrews or Gibcus could be too tempting?

I find it interesting that on many of the recent phantoms we have:

Freo (6,8*): Erasmus and Amiss
Richmond (9,17*): Hobbs and JVR

Question with an unknown answer for maybe 5-10 years, but if this were to eventuate, who chose better? It really could go either way even with Freo in the box seat with better picks.

Hobbs seems the lowest risk according to recruiter reports and likely to be a 250 game Boak or Taylor Adams type, and JVR could be McPharlin 2.0 or too slow and small for KPP? But, both seem like pure footballers who will just get better in the AFL environment. Erasmus seems like a super sport talented, super hard working individual who does well at whatever he tries, but does he become like a Petracca or Fritsch, or more like a Sturt whose years spent playing cricket didn't harden his body enough for AFL? Does Amiss build up those shoulders and become like a 400-700 goal kicking Gunston or Jack R. or get pushed around by the 200cm defenders. Though his kicking has one of the sweetest motions I have seen for a tall which explains his accuracy is not a one off, just good form, or luck.

Most certainty of success with what we currently know probably IMO would say Hobbs and Amiss, but Erasmus seems to have x-factor? Walls has a tough job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back