2022–23 UEFA Nations League (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Southgate slow on the uptake yet again. He played 5 at the back against Hungary leaving the two midfielders overrun. Hungary deserved their win. Bowen was England's best player.

He switched to 4-2-3-1 against Germany but they didn't seem to know what tactics to use. Sometimes they sat back, sometimes they pressed high. They went back to the bad habit of passing back to Pickford and losing possession. A typical passage of play was when they had a throw-in 2 yards from the Germany goal line. 3 passes later it was back to Pickford who hoofed it out of touch under no pressure. They only looked dangerous when Grealish and Bowen came on - so why not start them? Kane tripped over his own feet to get a penalty.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Ireland still trying to get a first win, losing to Armenia. Not sure how Kenny still has a job.

A convincing win by Ireland over Scotland. Obafemi was very good on his first start. A chipped pass for Parrott to head home, and blasted one for himself from outside the area.

England v Italy was forgettable. There was no crowd apart from some kids. Sterling had another stinker.

Nations League is overkill. With the WC in November players like De Brutne could play up to 79 games next season if Belgium goes most of the way and City have deep runs in both cups + CL.
Aren’t these in place of friendlies though? Not sure on the schedule but will players even have time to play warm ups to WC?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Nations League is overkill. With the WC in November players like De Brutne could play up to 79 games next season if Belgium goes most of the way and City have deep runs in both cups + CL.
I don't know, I can now see a purpose...

😁🇬🇷

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I don't tend to be fussed by the Nations League, but with a World Cup on the way, England's players and manager alike aren't convincing at all. If the players are auditioning for a place in Qatar, they're failing miserably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I don't tend to be fussed by the Nations League, but with a World Cup on the way, England's players and manager alike aren't convincing at all. If the players are auditioning for a place in Qatar, they're failing miserably.

That was an absolute embarrassment of a performance. And it follows three other abject displays.

We know these are quality players. But the coach is a dud. I cheered on every Hungary goal as it brings Southgate's sacking closer.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
How did Hungary not make the World Cup? They’ve beaten England 1-0, drawn to Germany 1-1, destroyed England 4-0 and now beaten Germany 1-0. A side that can do all that shouldn’t be finishing fourth in a World Cup qualification group behind absolute plodders.

And what do we make of England? Even their “Golden Generation”’s are s**t.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
How did Hungary not make the World Cup? They’ve beaten England 1-0, drawn to Germany 1-1, destroyed England 4-0 and now beaten Germany 1-0. A side that can do all that shouldn’t be finishing fourth in a World Cup qualification group behind absolute plodders.

And what do we make of England? Even their “Golden Generation”’s are s**t.

Absolute garbage and I love it!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back