Women's Footy 2022-2023 AFLW season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on who we might play, play it at a neutral venue e.g. if it's against Melbourne play it in Sydney or Adelaide.
No, that's not how it works - if in doubt play in Melbourne, even if we're disadvantaged.

Why would we do that we have the right to host it wherever we want if we are the top seed
My sweet summer child, thinking we would have a choice.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
well deserved to those 6.

through the years i've always felt we weren't one of those clubs with just a star player and no one else. We've consistently had amazing players but not as a detriment to the club as a whole. In recent years we've kept that club-first approach but our stars are truly stars of the whole league just not our team.

awesome to see. also special mention to koenen. really great season this year and well deserved.

a few others i could see deserve to be in the team too, but oh well.

and to keep this post positive I won't mention my thoughts on the potential final location......:mad:

If the AFLW continue to run the season at this time of the year (likely) we may never hold a Grand Final In SEQ
That clip mentioned "venue that meets the AFLW GF criteria"
Springfield would meet the H & A + lead up finals criteria, but may not for a GF
They need to lengthen the season to 17 games plus finals (play each team once). Play the season at the same time as the mens season.
And then have the W Grand Final the week of the bye before finals for the Men.

Last edited:
If the AFLW continue to run the season at this time of the year (likely) we may never hold a Grand Final In SEQ
That clip mentioned "venue that meets the AFLW GF criteria"
Springfield would meet the H & A + lead up finals criteria, but may not for a GF
In the interview in this article that you posted on another site, Swanny suggests that Springfield will be good to use in future Grand Finals but the turf has not yet sewn well enough for this year.
So it would have been fine for this year if it were good to go, so obviously meets the AFL’s requirements.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Then what is it?

We aren't enjoying winning bcos we're too good at it? And that creates a lack of motivation to go see the team since they are successful despite us being spectators?
It’s because AFLW is such a poor spectacle to watch, even the best teams have a large number of players who can’t get the basics right.

It’s a simple answer if people are prepared to be honest about it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
It’s because AFLW is such a poor spectacle to watch, even the best teams have a large number of players who can’t get the basics right.

It’s a simple answer if people are prepared to be honest about it.
Brett C gott booted from the AFLW board, so he’s bringing his anti AFLW crusade here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Do you make the same comment every time someone makes a negative comment on the mens team pages?

Why are AFLW supporters so sensitive?
Why do you feel the need to constantly criticise something you have no interest in?

It looks like you’re trolling for trolling’s sake.

If you don’t like it, just bugger off and let those who enjoy the competition, enjoy it for what it is.

Do you make the same comment every time someone makes a negative comment on the mens team pages?

Why are AFLW supporters so sensitive?

What are you trying to achieve shitting on a competition on a board for FANS of said competition?

Bizarre dude. Move on.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
What are you trying to achieve shitting on a competition on a board for FANS of said competition?

Bizarre dude. Move on.
Do you say the same each time a fan of the mens team makes a negative comment on those pages?

The double standard is hilarious

Do you say the same each time a fan of the mens team makes a negative comment on those pages?

The double standard is hilarious

It depends on the type of criticism. Fair criticism is absolutely part of any good board.

I myself have been critical of the competitions rapid expansion affecting the quality of the league, but to make constant blanket negative statements about the league which - as Briztoon said - you have no interest in - adds nothing to the conversation and at best derails discussions.

We get it mate, you hate the competition. Move on.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
It depends on the type of criticism. Fair criticism is absolutely part of any good board.

I myself have been critical of the competitions rapid expansion affecting the quality of the league, but to make constant blanket negative statements about the league which - as Briztoon said - you have no interest in - adds nothing to the conversation and at best derails discussions.

We get it mate, you hate the competition. Move on.
Cool assumption that I hate the competition but I hate terrible football.

We are in season 7 and there are still a large % of the comp that can’t catch, handpass or kick to an average level.

Despite these issues the AFL decided to expand the comp and increase salaries while at the same time crowd numbers are pitiful.

No one’s allowed to be critical of these issues without supporter getting overly precious.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Why do you feel the need to constantly criticise something you have no interest in?

It looks like you’re trolling for trolling’s sake.

If you don’t like it, just bugger off and let those who enjoy the competition, enjoy it for what it is.
My comments on AFLW would probably be less than 1-2% of those I’ve made on here.

You’re being incredibly precious and being blinkered to the massive issues the comp is facing.

Cool assumption that I hate the competition but I hate terrible football.

We are in season 7 and there are still a large % of the comp that can’t catch, handpass or kick to an average level.

Despite these issues the AFL decided to expand the comp and increase salaries while at the same time crowd numbers are pitiful.

No one’s allowed to be critical of these issues without supporter getting overly precious.

You're absolutely allowed to be critical, and as I've said there is a genuine point to be made that the talent pool isn't there yet to support 18 teams.

There's a difference between criticising the AFL for making this decision and making petty comments like the players aren't at an average level and it's a poor spectacle over and over again. It's very 'old man yells at cloud'.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
You're absolutely allowed to be critical, and as I've said there is a genuine point to be made that the talent pool isn't there yet to support 18 teams.

There's a difference between criticising the AFL for making this decision and making petty comments like the players aren't at an average level and it's a poor spectacle over and over again. It's very 'old man yells at cloud'.
My comment about the skills of the players and the spectacle is 100% true.

Again you wouldn’t make the “old man yells at cloud” comment if someone made the same comment about a mens player or games.

If the skills and spectacle was there then the crowds and tv ratings wouldn’t be in the toilet.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
My comment about the skills of the players and the spectacle is 100% true.

Again you wouldn’t make the “old man yells at cloud” comment if someone made the same comment about a mens player or games.

If the skills and spectacle was there then the crowds and tv ratings wouldn’t be in the toilet.
You genuinely don't pay attention to other posters, and read most threads on this board do you?

It's probably the most commonly used memes towards posters on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back