Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

My mail is that Burge has brought his program from the Tigers to make us far more explosive and powerful. The feel over the last few years, is that we lacked these traits in Boyd's program.
It was very frustrating watching opposition players burst through our tackling the last few years.
Hopefully now we can use the extra strength to nail players in tackles. Newk, Nash, Long & McKenzie
should make up up a fearsome group of physical beasts!

It was very frustrating watching opposition players burst through our tackling the last few years.
Hopefully now we can use the extra strength to nail players in tackles. Newk, Nash, Long & McKenzie
should make up up a fearsome group of physical beasts!
Don’t reckon Long will make it myself, and with the recent additions to our midfield, Nash would be on notice too

My mail is that Burge has brought his program from the Tigers to make us far more explosive and powerful. The feel over the last few years, is that we lacked these traits in Boyd's program.
We’ve got a large group of guys with naturally elite tanks - a bit more speed and power makes sense as we’re not short of run.

Surely, he acts/acted on direction from the Coach as to what attributes were desired/required?

E.g. No way the Coach designs a game plan around contested footy, only for the strength & conditioning guy (or whatever title) decides that he wants a team full of lightly built, aerobic beasts?

Finn is on the explosive power and speed course he was last year and is again this year. His speed and explosiveness has improved quite a bit. He looks in peak condition and pre season has hardly started

Finn is on the explosive power and speed course he was last year and is again this year. His speed and explosiveness has improved quite a bit. He looks in peak condition and pre season has hardly started
One the most underrated parts of the list is how many players we have sky rocketing in development every year

Do you know How Worpel has looked?

One the most underrated parts of the list is how many players we have sky rocketing in development every year

So its more about him being able to use his physical attributes to improve his game. Its still up to him to improve his football ability. At least this will improve his ability to get to the ball first. He is in beast mode at training does a power of running while the others are warming and doing some simple drills and then joins them for the rest of training

So its more about him being able to use his physical attributes to improve his game. Its still up to him to improve his football ability. At least this will improve his ability to get to the ball first. He is in beast mode at training does a power of running while the others are warming and doing some simple drills and then joins them for the rest of training
Worpel or Finn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel has slimmed down and is in all of the mid drills.
I like this, he was bulked up too far trying to compensate for our midfield of light short people and it cost him speed and agility imo.

With the recruitment this offseason of Stephens and the draftees (as well as continued development of Finn and Nash) we don't need him to be a big bull so hopefully this allows him to get back to 2019 version.

Worpel didn't look up to much when I was there. Maybe still hampered by his shoulder, but he was trailing a little in some of the run throughs.

Worpel didn't look up to much when I was there. Maybe still hampered by his shoulder, but he was trailing a little in some of the run throughs.
Has sometimes taken guys a year to get over major shoulder surgery (mix of mental and physical).

Shoulder shouldn’t hurt his running - however his midfield peers are generally elite runners. Finn, Nash, Ward, McDonald, stephens all have great tanks - not that surprising he’s trailing a little

Wasnt sure where to put this - mods please move if needed

Caught up with my mate who has been involved in the under 18s program for a while now . Here are his thoughts on our draft and players

Mackenzie - says he was a no brainer at the pick for us . Best foot skills in the draft.
Weddle - he had him with Philipou as the highest ceiling talent wise . Says he will end up a mid / wing goal kicker . Very worthwhile trade for us.
Potential game breaker winner
Hustwaite - bargain pick for us . He liked the pick , potential half back/mid also thinks he could swing forward with his size

He seemed to know a fair bit about O'Sullivan and described him as a 'talent' and well worth a pick .
Macdonald as we have seen pace to burn, kicking ok but needs a bit of work.
He said 3-4 clubs wete going to take him after us if he was around .

He thought we drafted really well for need and talent . Said the foxsports D+ was laughable 😁 but he also said most clubs had a good draft in his opinion

Wasnt sure where to put this - mods please move if needed

Caught up with my mate who has been involved in the under 18s program for a while now . Here are his thoughts on our draft and players

Mackenzie - says he was a no brainer at the pick for us . Best foot skills in the draft.
Weddle - he had him with Philipou as the highest ceiling talent wise . Says he will end up a mid / wing goal kicker . Very worthwhile trade for us.
Potential game breaker winner
Hustwaite - bargain pick for us . He liked the pick , potential half back/mid also thinks he could swing forward with his size

He seemed to know a fair bit about O'Sullivan and described him as a 'talent' and well worth a pick .
Macdonald as we have seen pace to burn, kicking ok but needs a bit of work.
He said 3-4 clubs wete going to take him after us if he was around .

He thought we drafted really well for need and talent . Said the foxsports D+ was laughable 😁 but he also said most clubs had a good draft in his opinion
We got a d+? Was that including the trades etc?

Have any of the other lads embarked on the same journey after seeing his success last year?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back