Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Kosi as our key giving me an aneurysm. Atleast our crumbers will have some ground balls

You jest, however bringing the ball to ground is actually a strength of Kosi's. Better off having somebody who attacks the ball in the air and gives our crumbers a chance than a Josh Shache type who is easily moved off the line of the footy.

Remember that his best game last season was against the best intercepting combination in the AFL (May and Lever). He kicked 4 in the absence of Lewis.

You jest, however bringing the ball to ground is actually a strength of Kosi's. Better off having somebody who attacks the ball in the air and gives our crumbers a chance than a Josh Shache type who is easily moved off the line of the footy.

Remember that his best game last season was against the best intercepting combination in the AFL (May and Lever). He kicked 4 in the absence of Lewis.
I'd rather someone who doesn't have cement bricks for hands

really early days to assess Lewis length of time on the sidelines, but it just may fast track Ramsden if it prolongs.

What do track watches think of Ramsdens prep so far. Almost ready or still a year or two off the pace?

Opportunities for others to step. Another soldier and all that...

Shattered for Lewis lets hope there is no extended delay. You don't want key forwards carrying knees or going into a season underdone.

I can't see any major changes.
Meek/ Reeves will be rotating first ruck and 2nd tall. Lynch waiting in the wings.
Greene / Serong battling it out for the Gunston role. Ramsden a project player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really early days to assess Lewis length of time on the sidelines, but it just may fast track Ramsden if it prolongs.

What do track watches think of Ramsdens prep so far. Almost ready or still a year or two off the pace?

Opportunities for others to step. Another soldier and all that...
Huge development year for Ramma; he'll spend most of his time at Box Hill whilst putting on weight. There's potential for a debut later in the season but at this stage is still very much an unknown quantity.

We can only assume Davo-27 was drafted into full forward as the drip feed of match sim goodies have stopped.

I Want More GIF

Weird that they've ruled him out of Round 1 so far out, isn't it? March 19th is still several weeks away.
I’d suggest that they’re not going to rush it, and by declaring he won’t make Round 1 they can possibly manage his pushing to get back earlier too.

Arrived at the ground and saw AFL umps in attendance plus Brown vs Gold on the scoreboard so was hopeful of a game.
Cool morning, slight breeze across the ground.
Fellow track watchers told me about Lewis which put a damper on things.

Stretches to start and again they went with the 3 warm up groups doing agility, sprints and tackling - then rotating.

Tackling groups in front of me:
Bennetts, Sullivan and Butler. Bennetts and Sullivan same height, I'd say Bennets is better built/matured body.
Newc, Nash and Kosi some really solid tackles there
Blank, McKenzie and Moore. They take it turns tackling each other in close however McKenzie too quick and avoided some Blank tackles and Moore tackles like a demon taking down Blank with ease.
Thought I'd keep an eye on Jeka for his energy and he was nice and physical in the tackling. Maybe he does read Big Footy. :oops:
He was in a group with Day and 52 - Not sure who he is but looked good as Davo-27 said.

Sicily quick in the sprints

Tank Morris did the warmups but then went into rehab. BMAC and Long doing running only. Ward and Nash running at the end of training.
BMAC looks like he floats on the ground whereas Long is just all power in his running.

Kicking drills, Kosi still so rigid and stiff

Handball mini games, Bennetts great tackle on windgard, he actually impressed me more than Sullivan today.
Then keepings off game: Colours against white bibs
Highlights/Lowlights
McKenzie stand out.
Weddle good tackling on CMAC, Morrison alot of it. Serong nice skills, Jeka mixed bag, great skills gave away a free
Frost and Denver having an argument on positioning, quite vocal between the two, Also CJ yelling at Blank later in training.
Noticed the backline has more leadership and more vocal out there, more experience perhaps, getting really stuck into each other, Sicily never really spoke up, maybe not that type of player out on the ground. Perhaps more behind the scenes - does a Captain need to be very vocal on the track? I don't know.

Now the main game - Only went for 20mins, 10mins each way - but I'll take it!
I'll tell you the teams but not sure it means anything.

Gold team

Weddle, Bruest, Sullivan, Nash, Morrison, Newc , Moore, CJ, Sicily, Blank, Lynch, Rama, Bennetts, Serong, Day, Hustwaite
Bramble, Impey, Frost, Ward

Brown

Worpel, Jeka, Ned, Hardwick, McKenzie DGB, Scrimshaw, Amon, Finn, CMAC, Wingers, Stephens, Kosi, Butler
Plus a lot of box hill players. add ons

Highlights/Lowlights
Ned gives first use to Worpel in the middle.
Scrimshaw good intercept mark
Day and Hustwaite good in tight
Tiny bloke No. 34 good tackle on Callum Brown goal to Gold - after Morrison snap
Newc wins clearance handpass to Day who goals on the run from 50, play of the day.
Finn disposal poor x 2
McKenzie knows what to do, sneaky round 1 chance, gets his arms up over the tackle to release the ball, at one stage got tackled over onto the ground but was very quick back onto his feet to receive a handball and run out of congestion with the clearance.
McKenzie tackles CJ, high fend off but drops short of goal line, he was everywhere - not sure if he has a license to just follow the footy.
Cj poor options a few times
Sicily on ball, interesting.
McKenzie getting heaps again, Butler nice foot skills
Weddle take game on but a bit quite early - got more of it as the game went on.
Impey too good in air for Butler, outmarked him easily even though he is shorter.
Moore awesome goal from a good hand pass from Huswaite
Worpel hff for most of game.
Meek didn't play the game from what I could see, Bennetts and Sullivan didn't really get near it in match SIM.

Result

Gold 3.1 to Brown 0.1 according to scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back