Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about the baby hawks. No matter what this will be a fun year watching future stars develop. Get on board
For sure, reminds me of 05-07. There were a lot of games where we sucked but it was so much fun at the same time!

Is this a cut and paste job from last year with the dates changed? :think:
Yes true but what else is he supposed to do? Not show up till next week? I think we need to cut the guy some slack he has been trying to do what's best for us and for him. If he doesn't show up it would be like he is playing video games or something

Big year for the Chad.

Its going to be a case of either his body finally gets right again and he plays 15 to 20 games of the quality football we all know he is capable off and probably gets a 2 year contract extension on the back of that.

Or he breaks down again and honestly as harsh as it sounds that might be it for his AFL career?

Going to be so important the club gets his pre-season program right to maximise the chances of the first option coming to fruition.

We have had rotten luck with Chad since he came to the Hawks, he barely ever got injured at Port :huh:

Big year for the Chad.

Its going to be a case of either his body finally gets right again and he plays 15 to 20 games of the quality football we all know he is capable off and probably gets a 2 year contract extension on the back of that.

Or he breaks down again and honestly as harsh as it sounds that might be it for his AFL career?

Going to be so important the club gets his pre-season program right to maximise the chances of the first option coming to fruition.

We have had rotten luck with Chad since he came to the Hawks, he barely ever got injured at Port :huh:
And he was elite at Port, capable of winning a game off his own boot. Would love to see Chad's best at HFC, because it is really special.

Big year for the Chad.

It’s not rotten luck with Chad re his long list of injuries. Was a notoriously poor trainer in the off season at Port and one of the main reasons they got rid of him, poor work ethic over summer and training during the season proper. He got away with it in the early years but as you get older the soft tissue injuries only get worse, as we are now seeing with Chad

This isn’t a rumour - got told this first hand by a Port insider. Also told me that that he would struggle to play more than 15 games a year with us which has been bang on so far

It’s not rotten luck with Chad re his long list of injuries. Was a notoriously poor trainer in the off season at Port and one of the main reasons they got rid of him, poor work ethic over summer and training during the season proper. He got away with it in the early years but as you get older the soft tissue injuries only get worse, as we are now seeing with Chad

This isn’t a rumour - got told this first hand by a Port insider. Also told me that that he would struggle to play more than 15 games a year with us which has been bang on so far
I've heard similar but that's hard to know for sure that's accurate unless you have heard it from an inside source at the Hawks.

Funny though to think of the difference between our two big high profiles recruited from Port (Burgoyne and Wingard).

Both came to the club at similar ages yet one ended up playing 250 games for the club (bung knee and all) and the other might struggle to get to 100.

How much of that is genetics vs training/professionalism is hard to tell but its definetly true that Silk wouldn't have got to over 400 AFL games without looking after his body exceptionally well (which by all accounts he did).

Yes true but what else is he supposed to do? Not show up till next week? I think we need to cut the guy some slack he has been trying to do what's best for us and for him. If he doesn't show up it would be like he is playing video games or something

His first year they said he’d hate the Kokoda trip……..turned up at next training with bush hat on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, it's what happens when you carry the burden of the curse of #36
Realize Lord Of The Rings GIF by HBO Max

Of course. But I think last year was the first year that the new draftees got low numbers. Under Clarko the numbers given to new draftees were in the 30s and 40s
yeah the draftees usually go the remaining numbers in order that they were selected in the draft

Sam changed that last year allowing them to pick their own and was happy for them to get a "high" number, like Ward at 25

yeah the draftees usually go the remaining numbers in order that they were selected in the draft

Sam changed that last year allowing them to pick their own and was happy for them to get a "high" number, like Ward at 25

There's something refreshing about how Sam doesn't give a s**t about the minor things like who gets a range of number or what sleeves a player wears. Even though I liked the no long sleeves thing as I prefer the short sleeve look - I like that Sam would rather focus on coaching rather than controlling pointless things like sleeve length.

There's something refreshing about how Sam doesn't give a s**t about the minor things like who gets a range of number or what sleeves a player wears. Even though I liked the no long sleeves thing as I prefer the short sleeve look - I like that Sam would rather focus on coaching rather than controlling pointless things like sleeve length.
I also am in favour of this.

I also think that most successful teams of the past 40 years generally have a decent number of characters in them that like to display their individuality (think Dermies mullet). If they want to wear long sleeves like Sicily does who gives a c..p when he is one of the best players in the league.

One of my main criticisms of Clarkson's last five years the club was that he seemed to want to make us as boring as possible to watch.

Gamestyle, types of players recruited, right down to what the players could wear on field it was all very mundane and by the numbers.

We might not have done much better under Sam this year in the Win/Loss ratio but God we were so much more entertaining to watch.

I also am in favour of this.

I also think that most successful teams of the past 40 years generally have a decent number of characters in them that like to display their individuality (think Dermies mullet). If they want to wear long sleeves like Sicily does who gives a c..p when he is one of the best players in the league.

One of my main criticisms of Clarkson's last five years the club was that he seemed to want to make us as boring as possible to watch.

Gamestyle, types of players recruited, right down to what the players could wear on field it was all very mundane and by the numbers.

We might not have done much better under Sam this year in the Win/Loss ratio but God we were so much more entertaining to watch.

I hear what you are saying but I can understand the thinking. Clarko's was all about the team and even moreso after the failures in 2011-12. Having players like Sam sacrifice their game for the team in the 2013 GF was what he was about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back