A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Its finally Grand Final time for another season and just to make this season go even longer than it should we have to wait two weeks for the match! This league sometimes.. Anyway at least we have a battle between the top two teams of the season to look forward too. Melbourne City entering into their fourth straight Grand Final against the Central Coast Mariners who only a few seasons back looked dead and buried as a club what a turn around! Promises to be a very high intensity match and for the first time at a fixed neutral venue at Sydney's Comm Bank stadium.

2022/23 A-League Men Grand Final

Melbourne-City-FC-logo.jpg

V

ccm.png

Date: Saturday 3rd June 2023
Time: 7:45pm EST
Venue: Comm Bank Stadium Sydney
TV Broadcast: Channel 10, 10HD check local guides, streamed: Paramount Plus, 10 Play.

Prediction: I would love to see the Mariners continue their good form and momentum into the Grand Final and I think everyone who isn't a City supporter will be barracking for them to get up but Melbourne City are a different beast they have gears they can go to that other clubs can't. If its a fast attacking match City will win in a canter but this is a Grand Final they rarely are fast attacking and also being at a neutral venue may play in the Mariners hands with the backing of all of NSW behind them. But I just can't go with the heart on this one City to win 3-1 but not without a fight.

David V Goliath maybe a tad dramatic, but 4 years ago when City went on our run to our first Grand Final, Central had just collected their 4th wooden spoon in 5 years - so a remarkable turnaround for a club that doesn't have the big city glamour of Melbourne/Sydney etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So covid still gets blamed.... No mention of their inability to get a team to play the all stars in the week leading up to the GF.....

So covid still gets blamed.... No mention of their inability to get a team to play the all stars in the week leading up to the GF.....

excuses excuses what a mess of an article, "COVID" yeah we didn’t get a week off last season when under COVID emergency why this season when we’re not? “more time for fans to get to the game" where are they coming from Mars? What a croc of sh!t they stuffed up plain and simple just admit it! Can't even spin without embarrassing themselves.

Memo to Townsend: Drop this GF in Sydney nonsense and play a gather round next year in NSW instead. Every stakeholder is happy (including the NSW govt - they get fans visiting from all over Australia).

Imagine the weekend long carnival that could be had with 6 matches played in and around Sydney (SFS, Central Coast Stadium, Parramatta Stadium, Kogarah) would get it done from Friday night to Sunday Arvo.

excuses excuses what a mess of an article, "COVID" yeah we didn’t get a week off last season when under COVID emergency why this season when we’re not? “more time for fans to get to the game" where are they coming from Mars? What a croc of sh!t they stuffed up plain and simple just admit it! Can't even spin without embarrassing themselves.

How generous of them. They allowed enough time for Perth fans to drive over for the game with a few stops along the way just incase they made the GF.

interesting that the last 4 teams (sfc 2015, perth 2019, sfc 2021, city 2022) that have beaten the Reds in semi finals have gone on to lose the GF. I expect the "Reds curse" to continue, not that I'll be bothered to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back