2022/23 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting little bit of trivia regarding Carlisle and their Manager Paul Simpson. Well I find it interesting anyway. :)

This is Simpson's third full season as Manager of Carlisle and in the previous two Carlisle won Promotion.

In 2004/05 won promotion from the National Conference after defeating Stevenage in the Promotion Final.
In 2005/06 won promotion in the first season back in the Football League as Champions of League Two.

Hopefully he can make three from three this weekend.

FwlfFgVXsAAjqOw.jpg

Is this a bigger heartbreak than an AFL grandfinal, and I say that as a Freo fan who was at the MCG in 2013. One set of fans about to watch their team play in the premiership all next year (at the least) and the others are going home knowing they 'missed it by that much'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insane. Imagine the Man City rolling into town, go through someone’s house and into the Changeroom. Will be fun
The Kenny will be rocking!!

It's 10k but feels much, much more. The sound is really held in.

Ever since I lived there (Well, Dunstable, 4 miles away) in 97/98 I've had them as a second side. Never, EVER thought I'd see the day.

Have a soft spot for Luton. They were the FIFA team my friends and I played as in our career game. We spent about 6 seasons and an awful lot of time with that team. Got them into Europe and left it at that

We also had players like PeLLy and Danny Potts playing for Luton in League 2 and then on the bench of the PL. Alas, Joey Barton didn't score a worldie in the play-off final like in our game.

Great story. Lowest of lows to the highest of highs in 15 years.

Last edited:
i also have spoft spots for coventry and luton .my time in england during the late 80s where both teams featuring in the first division (many contemporaries have no idea that the EPL was called 1st division). i always loved loading teletext and waiting patiently for the results to flow through.

Have a soft spot for Luton. They were the FIFA team my friends and I played as in our career game. We spent about 6 seasons and an awful lot of time with that team. Got them into Europe and left it at that

We also had players like PeLLy and Danny Potts playing for Luton in League 2 and then on the bench of the PL. Alas, Joey Barton didn't score a worldie in the play-off final like in our game.

Great story. Lowest of lows to the highest of highs in 15 years.

Incredible. It’s definitely FIFA dreams, taking a League 2 side to the top.
Luton have had sound management and huge loyalty to their players and fans.

Adds more history to the competition with Bournemouth and Brentford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back