Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Audio from the interview with Liam Henry on Sport FM Friday December 16, 2022

Sports Drive - Liam Henry (16/12/2022) - Sports Drive
Great stuff, thanks Stax.

Somehow we need to get this kid, and Johnno and ESPECIALLY our coach away from Young as soon as possible. Longmuir in particular needs to let Young know he needs to work with our guys to improve at the club rather than actively trying to get them away from the club. JL as the coach should look at this as unacceptable in my opinion, to have him keep Young as his own agent when that profile mad halfwit is obviously actively working against the Club is not only not a good look but it's even worse in practise.

I really wish someone in the media would put out the stuff this scumbag does and says in to the public forum somewhere and expose him. I know none of us here like the guy and we all think he's working against Freo, I hate to say it but it's actually worse than you think.

There's nothing worse than a stupid man with a little power and a lot of hate. Just look at Hagdorn and Sumich and imagine if they could actually do anything to impact us. That's Young.

Great stuff, thanks Stax.

Somehow we need to get this kid, and Johnno and ESPECIALLY our coach away from Young as soon as possible. Longmuir in particular needs to let Young know he needs to work with our guys to improve at the club rather than actively trying to get them away from the club. JL as the coach should look at this as unacceptable in my opinion, to have him keep Young as his own agent when that profile mad halfwit is obviously actively working against the Club is not only not a good look but it's even worse in practise.

I really wish someone in the media would put out the stuff this scumbag does and says in to the public forum somewhere and expose him. I know none of us here like the guy and we all think he's working against Freo, I hate to say it but it's actually worse than you think.

There's nothing worse than a stupid man with a little power and a lot of hate. Just look at Hagdorn and Sumich and imagine if they could actually do anything to impact us. That's Young.
You can't call someone a scumbag in public just because they are, it's defo. In order for it not to be you have to be able to prove it, which is much more difficult than it sounds.

Duffield did, then he got sacked from the west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't call someone a scumbag in public just because they are, it's defo. In order for it not to be you have to be able to prove it, which is much more difficult than it sounds.
Obviously. But it would not be hard to write an article stating the facts, provable ones, and avoid saying he's scumbag. The facts in the article would prove that, at least for anyone sympathetic to Freo or fairness.

He has Nisbett protecting him with the media and he also threatens journo's with access whilst also currying favour by giving unsourced info to "friendlies".

I'm sure at least a part of Duffield moving on, or being asked to move on from The West, is him saying publicly on his pod that Young was at war with Freo, that Young wasn't always close friends with the truth, that Young created issues in Freo players minds etc. He had more than a couple of digs at Young's antics on the pod this year, all fact based around actual events taking place and Young made a big stink about that with The West. I doubt very much Duff was happy when confronted with that feedback from his editor asking him to cool it.

No way at all was this the only, or even the main reason Duff is no longer there, but I'd bet anything it was an issue of some degree between him and The West.

Duffield did, then he got sacked from the west.
Spot on - sorry I was writing my post when you were posting yours.

We need more media here but we're still too small a City. Just one more paper and things would be very different. No way that happens with the way news media is headed though. You'd be mad to start a hard copy news source today so The West will reign supreme.

I’d love to know Duffields unfiltered opinion on why he left/was pushed. Could be he knew he was done and so started going harder on Colon not the other way round. It’s hard to imagine my opinion of the place going lower but sacking Duffield because of Colon would certainly do that.

Isn't Duffield's departure more about the new direction the West is going in / the amount they are allocating for writing articles? I mean they have had a number of their best writers (Rob Broadfield comes to mind) leave over the year..

Isn't Duffield's departure more about the new direction the West is going in / the amount they are allocating for writing articles? I mean they have had a number of their best writers (Rob Broadfield comes to mind) leave over the year..

Yeh that's right. The Worst decided to go gutter Tabloid rag now with flashy headlines, stirring controversy, with very little substance and journalistic integrity which Duffield prides himself on.

Good on him for parting ways and getting a BIG payout. He said he had one last Career adventure left in him and wanted to do a collection of things rather than just work for the one employer.

The West always has been tabloid crap, we haven't had a good print news source in WA since I've been alive

Yep, the demise of the Daily News, showed the writing on the wall.

Catchy headlines is more important than content, well that’s their thinking.

Very random observation here. Hamish Brayshaw sat beside Andrew Gaff in 2018 at the MCG in the AFL grand final.
Surprising really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back