Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems so. I mean literally employing, paying and promoting 'The Snitch' is such a self own. Nobody likes a snitch.

Maybe it's the last desperate act of a dying publication. Personally I can't remember the last time I actually held a West Australian newspaper in my hands. Most of their digital content is paywalled, and I have no desire to pay for it, even if it weren't so biased.
I fondly remember the Daily News.
Best conics page in a newspaper, but I don't remember their sport section as either I was pretty young, or it's that I'm pretty old & nostalgic

Sent from my SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd argue it shouldn't be about projecting how you hope. You don't logically spend what we spent on hope. You need ot tell me what you expecct not what you hope.
I'll tell you what I expect, a high impact multi-positional player that has some astonishing games but never makes an AA team. Is that enough for what we paid - depends on how many of thse astonishing games he has and whether he has them in big games like finals. What do you expect?

I'm expecting an impossible match up midfield clearance machine.

Two years ago he was being compared to peak Corey McKernan (who imo was bog in 1996, not that bonehead Archer, and obviously very unlucky to miss out on a Brownlow that year).

He’s obviously very talented but I’m not sure why we’re trying to make him a Lobb replacement. Very poor coaching by Longmuir
Where the * are all these 'debutantes' coming from trashing our coaching. Gtfo.

I'd argue it shouldn't be about projecting how you hope. You don't logically spend what we spent on hope. You need ot tell me what you expecct not what you hope.
I'll tell you what I expect, a high impact multi-positional player that has some astonishing games but never makes an AA team. Is that enough for what we paid - depends on how many of thse astonishing games he has and whether he has them in big games like finals. What do you expect?
If you are judging freo players success or failure by whether they made the all Australian team or not, prepare to be disappointed. This ain’t Carlton footy club.
We had the AFLPA mvp last year and he still only made the interchange bench on the AA team.

The west has decided to double down on their Jackson hate but they have revealed their true issue with Jackson going to Freo

'a desire to keep him from becoming Nic Naitanui’s successor cloud their pursuit of a maiden premiership?'

they resent him cause he went to Freo not West Coast haha. Sorry Jackson they'll be coming after you your entire career.

The west has decided to double down on their Jackson hate but they have revealed their true issue with Jackson going to Freo

'a desire to keep him from becoming Nic Naitanui’s successor cloud their pursuit of a maiden premiership?'

they resent him cause he went to Freo not West Coast haha. Sorry Jackson they'll be coming after you your entire career.
Whether or not he’s even the missing piece, if a pick 3 KPP who’s just won the rising star is out of contracts and wants to join your team, you trade for it every day of the week.

It's trolling for clicks at this point. They know they'll get a reaction targeting Jackson and tbh it's a sign of desperation more than anything else.

Evidently going by the 10,000 hour rule (what garbage), Aaron has another 9,999 to go until he's qualified to go from crayola to biro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time to stop reading the Worst Australian and go subscribe to Code Sports for all your footy journalism needs.

Look I think Jackson will be a fine player.

He is years away from his peak (late 20s) and around that time of his career he will have multiple AAs as a ruck

Jackson the player is perfectly fine.

But we now have 2 young quality rucks on v.decent coin. (Darcy will only get more next contract.)

And that is the problem; we have over -invested in rucks.

Like running backs in the NFL, there is no need to pay a fortune for a ruck. Because there are always perfectly OK bargains to be had when it comes to rucks.

Jackson sticks even half the marks he’s dropped and he’s an absolute gun. That’s literally one thing that he could improve at…

Also Brad Hill and Nathan Wilson were probably as much chance of going to West Coast than Luke Jackson was. Neither Freo or Luke Jackson give two **s who West Coast’s ruckman will be the next ten years. That’s their problem along with the otherwise dogsh list of players of players under 27 on their list excluding Allen and Ginbey.

The West is just figuring out that the West Coast Eagles needed Luke Jackson more than Fremantle did.

Jackson kicked two brilliant goals on the weekend, one from in play (rare for a ruckman) and one from a contested mark. If that’s a bad game I can’t wait for his good ones.

Jackson kicked two brilliant goals on the weekend, one from in play (rare for a ruckman) and one from a contested mark. If that’s a bad game I can’t wait for his good ones.
That game he played on Sunday is literally 3-4 marks away from being an elite performance. Not like he didn't have those chances.

With those marks he likely has 3-4 more disposals and an extra goal to his name as well.

That game he played on Sunday is literally 3-4 marks away from being an elite performance. Not like he didn't have those chances.

With those marks he likely has 3-4 more disposals and an extra goal to his name as well.
Don't forget his kick at goal on the run from outside 50! Was directly in front of me and if he got that I would have lost my s**t big time!

Whether or not he’s even the missing piece, if a pick 3 KPP who’s just won the rising star is out of contracts and wants to join your team, you trade for it every day of the week.
Wouldn't that mean they messed up by NOT getting Jackson?
Self Burn GIF

Sorry s_wd6 was trying to tag this post for the self burn
Walking In Episode 8 GIF by The Simpsons

I loved JLo’s reaction on the screen - I think it was a GoGF to the critics, and reinforced his belief in Jackson

Three minutes ago, The West published yet another article about WCE's injuries, and we still don't exist?!? I guess they were premiership favourites..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back