2022/23 Melbourne Victory Thread - R.I.P OSM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the mini and the lack of on-field guys getting to Romero when he scored is pretty dire. Blokes up and about and players just half ass casually jogging to him. Where's the passion in this group outside of Romero and Bruno?

Yeah I felt rotten for him watching that. Absolutely sh*those stuff from the rest of the players. A lot of them should be moved on.

Would welcome. I've always liked him as a coach, which is harder to say now after a few thumpings! Maybe some players at both our clubs have already checked out. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck with Ikon.
According to rumours 3 of their players are already contracted to other clubs for next season

We are losing the game in hand though lol

There's only one man who can save us...

GettyImages-1467257842-1.jpg

What a bloody year hahaha! Who would've imagined?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes please. Knowing us we wouldn't let him recruit the players he wants.

Also, any chance Bruno and Romero can lure Luis Suarez next year :)
He’s another Sydney scum no thanks. I was willing to give popa a chance due to his record in the A-League and the ACL championship but he too brought the scum stench at the club. Talay hasn’t shown anything at the Nix to say he‘s the right fit for our club. The Nix are just lingering and are not gonna win anything!

Anyway I would love a home grown manager, what’s happen to the breading ground of Victorian coaches? We have Three Vic clubs none of the managers are Victorian, it’s a disgrace!

Last edited:
Anyway I would love a home grown manager, what’s happen to the breading ground of Victorian coaches? We have Three Vic clubs none of the managers are Victorian, it’s a disgrace!

Are there any gun NPL managers who know where all the gun kids are? We need to start developing million dollar footballers.

Are there any gun NPL managers who know where all the gun kids are? We need to start developing million dollar footballers.
The Gun Kids are normally in America

Nani/Boz/Brimmer (injured) and Romero (suspended) the only unavailability for this weekend.

Romero gets a one game ban only for serious foul play (less than the prescribed penalty for such an offense). Effectively a way of the league saying it's a bullshit red card without overturning it.

I can't find a single example of an abandoned league match anywhere being resumed at 20m and retaining the scoreline. Can anyone find one? Utterly ridiculous by the APL. Completely different set of players under completely different conditions. There is no logic at all to it.

I can't find a single example of an abandoned league match anywhere being resumed at 20m and retaining the scoreline. Can anyone find one? Utterly ridiculous by the APL. Completely different set of players under completely different conditions. There is no logic at all to it.
I thought that was a joke. Is that really happening? :$

The only time I cant think of was in the AFL when the lights went out at Waverly in 1996 the teams come back and completed the match 10 days later.

The only time I cant think of was in the AFL when the lights went out at Waverly in 1996 the teams come back and completed the match 10 days later.

Different sport but in that case it was almost 3 quarter time. Doubt they would have replayed the match from 15 minutes if the power failure happened at 15 minutes in. They just would have started again.

Different sport but in that case it was almost 3 quarter time. Doubt they would have replayed the match from 15 minutes if the power failure happened at 15 minutes in. They just would have started again.

Not sure, there was no rule at the time on how to handle an abandoned match wasn't till after the lights out at Waverly match that the AFL created the rules which we saw was used last Friday.

It is silly by the APL, my understanding was/is that if the match isn't completed by halftime than that match is abandoned and a replay must insure. We've seen it a few times when bad weather hits and matches have been started than abandoned and replayed in full. So it is bizarre the APL went down this half assed route.

Not sure, there was no rule at the time on how to handle an abandoned match wasn't till after the lights out at Waverly match that the AFL created the rules which we saw was used last Friday.

It is silly by the APL, my understanding was/is that if the match isn't completed by halftime than that match is abandoned and a replay must insure. We've seen it a few times when bad weather hits and matches have been started than abandoned and replayed in full. So it is bizarre the APL went down this half assed route.

A League rule 22.23 says games abandoned before half time should be declared as postponed and replayed. Not sure how they came up with this decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back