2022/23 Melbourne Victory Thread - R.I.P OSM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
embarrassing now, cant string a series of passes together and have no connection up forward, certainly a change from last week.

On reflection on the past six weeks.

We've been through bad starts before and recovered so I'm not panicking but we are seriously lacking cohesion. Other than the opening match of the season and up against a pretty poor Newcastle side we have been very one dimensional and predictable with hardily any attacking flare or aggression. Not only does the game plan need adjusting but we need a solid defensive pairing Miranda just can't do it all on his own. Broxy and Timotheou have been very disappointing. One is old and past it through Broxy is OK as a band aid option but as a regular CB no! He's never been one. Timotheou is just not up to it atm and has been disappointing especially his distribution and positioning. Squady player at best he's no Hamil wasted signing imo. Where is Anderson is he still around? he's young and was developing what has happened? Popa should seriously consider recruiting an experience CB come January even once Spira is fit because we all know how made of glass he is.

Nani has been a little disappointing but I don't blame him when all we do is go wide and try to walk the ball in what else can he do? I don't really see much wrong with the midfield Marchon and Brimmer have been good Brilante Meh.. but the problem again is the options to always go wide which opposition defender find easy picking and counter us at ease when we are pushed up the field. kinda worked last season but with no Davidson and Geria missing most of the season so far they both are good at pushing up and creating attacking play but without them we struggled and become predictable. Cadete and Nero don't offer the some attacking options when we go forward.
As for the attack we have Daggers, Ikon, Nani, Falami and now Fornaroli why the heck have we only been able to score in just two games? Its frustrating, our attacking half need to show more aggression and be less predictable and make better decisions instead as always looking for that killer ball can't just keep running at defenders and produce poor crosses to nobody either. I see how easy City players move the ball into their penalty box which makes the opposition defenders panic which the likelihood then is either a goal or a penalty. That's what we need to start doing use Daggers and Fornaroli's strengths both are very good players with the ball at their feet not when they are chasing.

I think we can still get it together and finish top four their is enough talent but 1.) A strong central defensive pairing is crucial 2.) Our forwards need to be utilised better and be less predictable.

Anyway my two cents Mon the Vuck!

Last edited:
On top of the above I feel our manager and style isn't on the same page as our team. We have a super attacking squad that a manager with a more attacking mindset would be exploiting to the fullest. Instead we have a manager known for his defensive style and we are playing a game plan that involves sitting back and soaking pressure looking for a counter punch. This is made worse since we didn't make any defensive signings of note after losing Hamil. We rarely squash the opposition into our attacking third for any lengthy periods. We have some really skillful attacking players who aren't even getting time on ball.

On top of the above I feel our manager and style isn't on the same page as our team. We have a super attacking squad that a manager with a more attacking mindset would be exploiting to the fullest. Instead we have a manager known for his defensive style and we are playing a game plan that involves sitting back and soaking pressure looking for a counter punch. This is made worse since we didn't make any defensive signings of note after losing Hamil. We rarely squash the opposition into our attacking third for any lengthy periods. We have some really skillful attacking players who aren't even getting time on ball.
Ffs even dwwaino can see it without even watching 🤣

Ffs even dwwaino can see it without even watching 🤣

Comedy What GIF by Karsten Torebjer

What is the Spira situation? Will he be fit finally after the WC break? Has he actually agreed a deal to join some no name Malaysian club at the end of the season?

Either way we need a CB signing yesterday. Really we should be throwing money at Gerard Pique to give us 6 months after he called it quits at Barca. Right now Miranda is the only quality CB we have that can actually get on the pitch and that simply will not cut it in the A League. This needs to be addressed with urgency.

Still buy my Victory memberships,had a ball back in the glory days,Kitsbichler ,Archie Musky 5-0 Olympic Park,fond memories.

Roddy Vargas!

The atmosphere of those games was unbelievable,magic times.

Old bastard now sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still buy my Victory memberships,had a ball back in the glory days,Kitsbichler ,Archie Musky 5-0 Olympic Park,fond memories.

Roddy Vargas!

The atmosphere of those games was unbelievable,magic times.

Old bastard now sigh.

Da da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da,
Da da daaaa da, da da daaaa da, da da daaaa da,
Da da da da da da da,
KITZBICHLER!!!

Great times. They interviewed Kitzbichler a few months ago on FVS, still a legend.

MM0166-Sponsored-images_La-Ionica_1500x1000.jpg

I can't hear them introduce Archie Thompson on TV or radio, without my head going "Archie Thompson, do, do, da da"

I'm the same with Muscat I can't read or watch anything with him without singing.. "Supa, supa Kev, Supa Kevin Muscat!"

I'm an interstate member this year for the first time but will be back for the Aus Day game. Is there still "A, B. C" level graded games where memberships like mine still have to buy tickets?

Couldn't find anything in the pack other than "access to 8 home games of your choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back