Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
34 years old and 17 appearances since 2021 (according to Wikipedia?). Sounds like for like for Spira lol.

But had been playing recently until suffering a minor injury

1675297688365.png

If he can be our new Mathieu Del Pierre that would be ideal. Better be a deal until the end of next season for the sake of stability.

I wonder what the link to him was, didn't expect to sign a CB straight from a club of Lyon's stature.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Transfer window closes Feb 7. If the club's serious we sign another class midfielder as an injury replacement for Nani.

For the rest of the season I'd expect us to play:

------------------Izzo--------------------

Geria----Da Silva----Bocinovski----Noah Smith

---New MF signing----Rai Marchan---Brilliante

--Kamau-----Fornaroli----Folami

Bench

Acton
Miranda
Timetheou
Nigro
Broxham
Wilson
Velupillay
Brooks
Juric

That way Broxham never once has to start a game again.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Transfer window closes Feb 7. If the club's serious we sign another class midfielder as an injury replacement for Nani.

Bench

Acton
Miranda
Timetheou
Nigro
Broxham
Wilson
Velupillay
Brooks
Juric

What happened to Brimmer and Space Cadete?

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Oh s**t I forgot about Brimmer!

Have him in a more attacking role and drop Brilliante (if we get a new marquee mid)

I'd rather see more of Noah Smith at LB. Give him a red hot go.
Agree. I like Smith.

Hopefully Da Silva is quality and can pair with Miranda next season although Bozinovski should be developed this season.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Agree. I like Smith.

Hopefully Da Silva is quality and can pair with Miranda next season although Bozinovski should be developed this season.

Give big Boz the starting role alongside a seasoned pro like Da Silva. I thought his pairing with Spira was quality against the inbreds. Just a shame that Spira is permacrocked and has to give it up.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd love just to blood youth and fringe players rather than any significant signings. We aren't winning s**t and I'd love to see what we actually have. Some have proven pretty decent once getting a good look.

Yes! The kids have played with more hunger than most this season, and held up pretty well. The fans appreciate some hope for the future too!

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'd love just to blood youth and fringe players rather than any significant signings. We aren't winning s**t and I'd love to see what we actually have. Some have proven pretty decent once getting a good look.

Boz & Smith should be locks for starting the rest of the season unless not fit.

I don't want to see Broxham starting in midfield either. Let Wilson start and bring Brox on as an experienced head if needed should our best midfield 3 not be available.

Velupillay / Kamau's an interesting one, hopefully competition brings the best out of them. Not sure how much game time Brooks is gonna get now with Kamau coming on board.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

Bench

Acton
Miranda
Timetheou
Nigro
Broxham
Wilson
Velupillay
Brooks
Juric

We shouldn't be signing a single person that we don't plan on having around for at least two full seasons. This club constantly lets go or doesn't give opportunities to players in order to replace them with someone marginally better but less reliable.

Matt Acton should have been given the number one keeper spot and a back up keeper brought in (or at least Thomas brought back - assuming he was keen).

Circumstances may be different but players like Donachie are solid enough in this league, would have chosen him over Spira all day long.

This club doesn't seem to understand fans love to see young players given a go, and not a 10 minute weekly cameo a week go where they basically have little chance of success (e.g. Josh Hope). It's also good business, just look at Daggers (can't claim him as ours though).

I would love to know who really made the moves for players like Spiranovic, Juric, Timotheou, Fornaroli. I was happy that Popa was the new coach but his recruitment looks exactly the same as our recruitment always has.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rai Marchan is STILL out on concussion protocol from the concussion sustained on 14th Jan vs Adelaide. 18 days have passed, surely good to go? Does he need a month off or something? I thought the standard protocol was 12 days.

Izzo is still unavailable with a hand injury, must also be close to a return.

Popa better not start Brox tonight in mid. I'd rather Wilson or Konstandopolous starts. I'd go for:

------------------------Acton------------------

Geria------Boz----Miranda-----Smith

----Brimmer-------Wilson-------Brilliante

--Kamau------Bruno-------Folami

Taleb
Nigro
Brox
Kadete
Konstandopolous
Nish
Juric
Brooks

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Rai Marchan is STILL out on concussion protocol from the concussion sustained on 14th Jan vs Adelaide. 18 days have passed, surely good to go? Does he need a month off or something? I thought the standard protocol was 12 days.

Popa better not start Brox tonight in mid. I'd rather Wilson or Konstandopolous starts. I'd go for:

Taleb
Nigro
Brox
Kadete
Konstandopolous
Nish
Juric
Brooks
This is a decent looking team. Can either Kamau, Folami or Nish play up front? Would love to see that instead of Bruno at some stage.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

Taleb
Nigro
Brox
Kadete
Konstandopolous
Nish
Juric
Brooks

The hit may have messed up the plates in his face that was put in after last years collision he had with Geria. If its still concussion than thats a concern.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
This is a decent looking team. Can either Kamau, Folami or Nish play up front? Would love to see that instead of Bruno at some stage.

All are wide players and not suited to playing up front. I guess out of them all only really Folami could give it a go.

We're stuck with Bruno or Juric up front for the time being.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The hit may have messed up the plates in his face that was put in after last years collision he had with Geria. If its still concussion than thats a concern.

Either option is most concerning. Don't see how one can be still concussed 18 days later - it was reported as he was still sitting out due to APL concussion protocol.

Either option is most concerning. Don't see how one can be still concussed 18 days later - it was reported as he was still sitting out due to APL concussion protocol.
Concussion can last weeks. Even longers in rarer extreme cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back