2022/23 Melbourne Victory Thread - R.I.P OSM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this as our home kit. Don’t like the no big V even if it does look clean- for a bad quality image

e77c4485d18b52b0dcb10a13ed8f3277.jpg

INVESTED NANI KEEN TO MAKE ALM IMPACT​

Nani is dodging and weaving his way through AAMI Park at a frenetic pace.

But the former Manchester United winger is not on the pitch.
Instead, he is sprinting through a maze of corridors, racing the clock to get to team lunch at the stadium cafe, well aware a late arrival will prompt a fine from his Melbourne Victory teammates.
“It’s sometimes difficult when you’re new and you arrive to the club and then you need to adapt to some things,” a grinning Nani told AAP.
“But I’m getting used to the rules and everything at the club.
“You need to run sometimes, because if you get late you need to pay the fines. I’ve paid a couple already.
“But it’s for a good cause. At the end, we all enjoy the the money of the fines, so it’s no problem.”
The Portugal international’s smiling response sums up the winger’s commitment to his new club, where he has been involved in training and practice matches since his signing was announced in July.
Nani is determined to be no blow-in or prima donna marquee.
Those at Victory are delighted at the all-in attitude the four-time English Premier League winner has shown since his arrival.
“The idea is to come here, to enjoy the game and put all your qualities on the field,” he said.
“Sometimes big players come here, move to different leagues, and then they will not perform very well for any reason.
“But the idea is you have the right mentality and then leave it in God’s hands and see what things can happen.
“The most important thing is you do your best and after, if you cannot perform as usual, it’s not because you didn’t do your best, or you didn’t try.
“So my mentality is to try every single game.”
The spotlight will turn on the experienced 35-year-old when Victory open their season away to Sydney FC on Saturday, and he is more than ready.
“I know it’s not going to be easy,” he said. “It’s never easy, anywhere in the world.
“But what I can promise is I will work hard and I will try to always be at my best.”
Nani is also confident Victory’s tantalising attack, boasting the likes of Nick D’Agostino, Ben Folami, Jake Brimmer and Tomi Juric, can fire.
“We’ve been together almost three months. So we know already a little bit of each other,” he said.
“For sure, we will have great moments on the field.”

Looks like Paramount aren't doing a free thing for members this year but a 12 month discount deal. I let my Paramount sub roll over and have already paid a month or two. Filled out the form tonight and paid for 12 months and apparently the promo code will come in the next couple days.
Don’t know if its worth it atm. With two free to air matches and the app being so sh!t plus still no Foxtel app, think i’ll be able to find other means if I really want to.

Don’t know if its worth it atm. With two free to air matches and the app being so sh!t plus still no Foxtel app, think i’ll be able to find other means if I really want to.

It's kind of poo. I feel like we're being held ransom by all these shitty streaming companies too. I was going to finally suck it up and get Optus sports this season for EPL but I'm not paying the new $25/m or whatever it is as a non-Optus customer. I have no other choice but to get Paramount if I want to be guaranteed to get every Victory game. Then from what started as just a Netflix sub has expanded to Stan and Prime Video (I have Curiosity Stream too but I'm a nerd). This is on top of a Foxtel service. When will it end? Having a platinum Foxtel subscription used to everything you needed.

It's kind of poo. I feel like we're being held ransom by all these shitty streaming companies too. I was going to finally suck it up and get Optus sports this season for EPL but I'm not paying the new $25/m or whatever it is as a non-Optus customer. I have no other choice but to get Paramount if I want to be guaranteed to get every Victory game. Then from what started as just a Netflix sub has expanded to Stan and Prime Video (I have Curiosity Stream too but I'm a nerd). This is on top of a Foxtel service. When will it end? Having a platinum Foxtel subscription used to everything you needed.

It ends when people stop paying for all this streaming crap!
I’d say for sport I can understand paying premium for live sports you might not be able to watch through traditional means like the NFL or NHL or EPL even the A-League that’s fine imo. If you love those sports and leagues and want to pay a premium to watch and experience it than go for it! But for regular what we use to call TV shows back in the day its all getting to much and the big networks and studios are now just using the streaming service to exploit franchises (Star War, Star Trek, Lord Of The Rings etc..) providing rushed content for content sake to justify the service. It’s funny how people pay more for less content these days. Remember when we use to get series of shows with 20-25 episodes a season now its 8-10 max and we are suppose to pay and accepted this sh!t? not to mention all the bad writing and woke rubbish pushed on us through these shows. There is a few diamonds in the rough I might add but In general it’s a lot of meh..

The costs do weight up and it will eventually force people to go back to piracy, which I hope will force content back on traditional media. (not holding my breath through)

Last edited:

Historically it’s been very easy to watch A-League if you have a vpn.

I’d rather support the league by supporting those funding it, but Ten/Paramount make it stupidly hard.

Historically it’s been very easy to watch A-League if you have a vpn.

I’d rather support the league by supporting those funding it, but Ten/Paramount make it stupidly hard.
I might wait to see what peoples experience with Paramount Plus is this season first before committing. I mean having no rewind button or begin from the start option was pretty piss poor, not to forget the poor frame rate and the troubles I had trying to screen share.

knowing myself through I'll bite the bullet and get it!

How much is paramount a month this season? Think I’ll just do that again as don’t use the thing for anything else 🤷🏻‍♂️
$75 for the year according to the clubs email, I havent looked if you can do monthly but it works out to $6.25

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$75 for the year according to the clubs email, I havent looked if you can do monthly but it works out to $6.25
I think was $9 per month last season. Need to see how many months season goes for. Probably works out the same if I was to do monthly and cancel

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah there was a promise of a paramount + foxtel IQ app. Not sure why it hasn't happened considering 10 play is a very similar app and is on there.

I must be one out, I think the minimalist approach and the shade of navy are pretty sexy.

That jersey is 90% badges and sponsors. Horrific.

Don't mind the non-white V for a change but it still needs to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back