• Giannis

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Joker

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are acting like the people that were questioning Jokic about his lack of play off success were not the same people questioning Embiid for his.

The narrative you are creating is simply untrue.

Joker was happy for JoJo to win MVP and that's good enough for me.

Also Joker did slow down a bit in the final 6 weeks of the regular season, whereas Embiid was smashing it, which also had a factor too.

I really don't know why some Nugz fans are complaining anyway when they and Joker got the far more desirable prize of their first championship ring.

Joker is on track to be regarded as an all time top 15 player anyway. Doesn't need another MVP to prove that.

Eh to a degree, people were giving Embiid a pass because he hadn't won the MVP before. Definitely a higher standard on Jokic, despite him always showing up for playoffs.
As there should be, a 2x MVP with multiple first team all NBA's.

He has now lived up to that (and some). The heat will come for Embiid now, show up this year or he will be hounded in the media. Guarantee no matter what he does this year the narrative will be 'means nothing until he does it in the play offs' which is fair.

As there should be, a 2x MVP with multiple first team all NBA's.

He has now lived up to that (and some). The heat will come for Embiid now, show up this year or he will be hounded in the media. Guarantee no matter what he does this year the narrative will be 'means nothing until he does it in the play offs' which is fair.

I think the annoyance was more the amount of people claiming Jokic wasn't a good playoff performer, when he always has been.

I did get the sense there were people slower to accept Jokic for how good he actually is, and maybe there were a few reasons for this- he doesn’t look and act and play like a traditional NBA superstar, he‘s from Serbia, he’s from a small market team.

And in the Internet age everyone is ready to rip into you- I can’t think of an NBA star who hasn’t copped it, or will cop it soon. Everyone’s looking for an angle.

Though when an NBA reporter comes out in the NBA playoffs and says she’s never seen the two time NBA MVP play, you realise that there are way too many talking heads, and some of them have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.

Last edited:
Back