2022-23 NBA Week 1: Drama for Wembanyama

Less than 3 days to go before the 2022-2023 season commences. Lest this be a special season not due to the crowning of a potential new champion, should the Warriors fail to repeat, but for the race to the bottom. The prize? 14% chance of securing the no 1 pick, and with it the newly termed Alien Victor Wembanyama the 7'2" point-shooting-centre.

There will be many distractions of course throughout the season, some consensual.

The season tips off with West and Eastern powerhouses colliding:

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.57 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.50 pm.png

The Celtics minus coach Ime host traditional rivals from Philly. The 6ers look stacked with the addition of PJ Tucker, D House and Montrez Harrell. Lots of flexing here.
Meanwhile out west, will we see Draymond Green clocking a Lakers player? Let's hope it's Westbrook

Thanks for your patience during the off season. May the banter begin.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
They should have just let him walk to the Lakers, bur Dopey Daryl Morey wanted LAL to pay compo..

Morey is so overrated as GM imo.
This is such a bad take

He turned the awful Josh Richardson fit in to Seth Curry who was one of the best contracts in the league

He turned Al Horford who was a dreadful fit on the Sixers in to a decent 3&D guy in Green

He turned an over paid Simmons who was refusing to play in to Harden despite everyone saying no way could he get it done and should settle for way worse packages.

He has filled this roster out with really good depth guys.

He has built a championship quality roster, they are underperforming but he has done a great job with not a lot.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
This is such a bad take

He turned the awful Josh Richardson fit in to Seth Curry who was one of the best contracts in the league

He turned Al Horford who was a dreadful fit on the Sixers in to a decent 3&D guy in Green

He turned an over paid Simmons who was refusing to play in to Harden despite everyone saying no way could he get it done and should settle for way worse packages.

He has built a championship quality roster, they are underperforming but he has done a great job with not a lot.

Horford and butler are guns and he let them go.

Simmons might turn out decent too.

Lost curry top5 three shooter all time

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Horford and butler are guns and he let them go.

Simmons might turn out decent too.

Lost curry top5 three shooter all time
He did not let Butler go that was before his time

Horford is not a gun anymore, he is a solid rotation piece in the right situation and that was not at Philly.

Simmons for Harden... FOR HARDEN

Curry can legit not stay on the floor in play offs

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This is such a bad take

I know Doc is a scrub as a coach and is likely to go in the next 2 weeks, I just don't see the Philly roster, as it's currently constructed as being anything close to championship roster

Granted it's not all on Morey (that Tobias Harris contract is a nightmare) but lack of athletic 2 way wingmen and an erratic/unreliable bench is startling.

An genuine argument can be made that Atlanta have gone past The Sixers in the East with their off season moves.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Horford is a gun imo
He is around a 10 point per night scorer on a 25 mil contract... He fits well at the Celtics and contributes but he is no loss... Philly getting off his contract was impressive.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I know Doc is a scrub as a coach and is likely to go in the next 2 weeks, I just don't see the Philly roster, as it's currently constructed as being anything close to championship roster

Granted it's not all on Morey (that Tobias Harris contract is a nightmare) but lack of athletic 2 way wingmen and an erratic/unreliable bench is startling.

An genuine argument can be made that Atlanta have gone past The Sixers in the East with their off season moves.

.Cavs look good too

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

They have two top 15 players in the league, that alone gets you close.

I think people are seriously panicking at 3 games. Do you remember how the Celtics were looking after a couple months lat year? If Philly is still imploding in a month I’ll worry for them

I think the Hawks have had a softer start to the year, in time results will level out

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
They have two top 15 players in the league, that alone gets you close.

I think people are seriously panicking at 3 games. Do you remember how the Celtics were looking after a couple months lat year? If Philly is still imploding in a month I’ll worry for them

I think the Hawks have had a softer start to the year, in time results will level out

Fair enough, but given the way many of the title contenders (Dubs, Celts, Bucks etc) have pretty deep/solid bench, having 2 top 15 players is not enough to be a legitimate contender anymore imo

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Fair enough, but given the way many of the title contenders (Dubs, Celts, Bucks etc) have pretty deep/solid bench, having 2 top 15 players is not enough to be a legitimate contender anymore imo
True but i think depth matters more for the regular season than it does play offs, rotations shrink in the post season.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
I love October basketball, the level of analysis is unmatched.

Yep, we have an Ime Udoka problem.

Can you make bets on next coach fired in the NBA ? Want to put a casual 50 on Ime Udoka, he is woeful

I think we might as well tank the rest of the season, trade Schroeder and other small pieces for more picks and reload next season with a new coach, seen enough with Udoka to know he is not up to being a head coach in the NBA, (UNLESS and I wouldn't be surprised 8f this was the case at all), Stevens and the FO have told Ime and the players to intentionally bomb the season/tank.

Ha Ha.

On the plus side that is one loss closer to Ime Udoka getting his useless coaching carcass fired. Absolute potato.

Nah. Tank the rest of the season, fire that mental midget of a coach, try clear up cap space and re-load again next season.

Ime Udoka is the Mark Neeld of NBA coaches, despite Brad Stevens not giving him exactly a great roster around Tatum and Brown

(permission to not lock threads peternorth, the content is too rich and deep for me not to be able to quote)

Back