2022-23 NBA Week 1: Drama for Wembanyama

Remove this Banner Ad

Less than 3 days to go before the 2022-2023 season commences. Lest this be a special season not due to the crowning of a potential new champion, should the Warriors fail to repeat, but for the race to the bottom. The prize? 14% chance of securing the no 1 pick, and with it the newly termed Alien Victor Wembanyama the 7'2" point-shooting-centre.

There will be many distractions of course throughout the season, some consensual.

The season tips off with West and Eastern powerhouses colliding:

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.57 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.50 pm.png

The Celtics minus coach Ime host traditional rivals from Philly. The 6ers look stacked with the addition of PJ Tucker, D House and Montrez Harrell. Lots of flexing here.
Meanwhile out west, will we see Draymond Green clocking a Lakers player? Let's hope it's Westbrook

Thanks for your patience during the off season. May the banter begin.

Last edited:
He is playing with kd irvint two top5 3 shooters all time and other offensive players. He doesn't need to score
Bro this is just wrong, it isn't about the scoring. It is about the fact that defenders completely ignore him because he is scared to touch the ball.

It is about the fact he will be forced to the free throw line. His issues are not just going to disappear at the Nets. KD and Kyrie better get used to being instantly doubled every possession.

Drummond was leaving anyway

So it was Ben, Seth and 2 picks for Harden...

It is staggering to me anyone could look at this as anything other than a huge steal from Morey.

Harden (for whatever reason) has been perceived as damaged goods around the league, I doubt any other team (except maybe the Knicks or Lakers) would have given so much up for him.

Anyhow The Beard is the least of Philly's problems..

The sooner they can move on Doc, Tobias Harris and maybe Thybulle the better.

The current Sixers chemistry (be it coaching or otherwise) doesn't look healthy to me.

Not saying they should blow it up, start with a coaching change and work from there. Season still very young

Harden (for whatever reason) has been perceived as damaged goods around the league, I doubt any other team (except maybe the Knicks or Lakers) would have given so much up for him.

Anyhow The Beard is the least of Philly's problems..

The sooner they can move on Doc, Tobias Harris and maybe Thybulle the better.

The current Sixers chemistry (be it coaching or otherwise) doesn't look healthy to me.

Not saying they should blow it up, start with a coaching change and work from there. Season still very young
Is he? What proof of that do we have? He wanted to go to Philly and because of his contract status meant that no team was going to trade for him when he can just leave.

I don't get the idea that they gave up much

Is Simmons a possitive asset? Like are we even sure on that contract it is an asset?

Seth is nice but he will need a pay increase soon and may be gone at the end of the season

Drummond = no value

and 2 firsts that will be in the 20's

That is not much for a top 15 guy.

If he maintains this form for the rest of the season yes, first Celtic since Bird to put up 100 points after the first 3 games.

Not saying he will win it or will be favourite, but his defence and passing is on a whole new level so far this season..

I think it's sustainable, naturally he will the occasional off night, but he has the true Alpha mentality and belief now

I just think 3 games in might be a little early to call anyone a VMP candidate. Let's get 10-15 games in before it's even discuss (even then too early, but at least reasonable.).

I
Another player the knicks stupidly missed out on.

I dunno about that, Spida is not the player that you should sell your present and future for, which is what Utah/Ainge would have wanted.

Knicks have been the worst run/poorly managed franchise in the last 15 years, but I think they did the right thing not trading for Spida (at least for what Utah were asking for)

I just think 3 games in might be a little early to call anyone a VMP candidate. Let's get 10-15 games in before it's even discuss (even then too early, but at least reasonable.).

Fair enough :)

I find it somehow ironic that The Magic gave us our biggest run for our money yet over more celebrated/higher ranked opponents in the Sixers and Heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bro this is just wrong, it isn't about the scoring. It is about the fact that defenders completely ignore him because he is scared to touch the ball.

It is about the fact he will be forced to the free throw line. His issues are not just going to disappear at the Nets. KD and Kyrie better get used to being instantly doubled every possession.
Is Simmons a possitive asset? Like are we even sure on that contract it is an asset?
Live cross to Marcel Proust:

Angry Parks And Rec GIF

I dunno about that, Spida is not the player that you should sell your present and future for, which is what Utah/Ainge would have wanted.

Knicks have been the worst run/poorly managed franchise in the last 15 years, but I think they did the right thing not trading for Spida (at least for what Utah were asking for)
No risk, no reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back