2022/3 NBA Week 3: Erm, Utah what are you doing?

Will the cursed Lakers win a game this week?

• Hell no

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes (please don't quote me)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to open a whole new can of worms if the league did that.

Would also actually cause probably more problems than it solves if they decided to deregister/terminate Kyrie, especially coming so soon after the Kayne scandal on Twitter.
Keeping in mind, I think he should be sacked, I didn't infer Silver would do that. It is more about doing something as the Nets before they lose the ability if Silver takes over.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Keeping in mind, I think he should be sacked, I didn't infer Silver would do that. It is more about doing something as the Nets before they lose the ability if Silver takes over.

By sacking Kyrie (either by the NBA or Nets organisation) you effectively make him a Martyr and give rise to even more toxic anti semitism/anti Jewish sentiment, especially amongst America's Black Community, and no one wants to see that.

He naturally should be punished and face severe consequences for his thoughtlessness and inability to apologize, but as I say, I believe sacking him would cause more harm than good for the Jewish community.

Doesn't seem likely he will play for the Nets agai. though, eventually he will probably be shipped off for Westbrook I reckon.

By sacking Kyrie (either by the NBA or Nets organisation) you effectively make him a Martyr and give rise to even more toxic anti semitism/anti Jewish sentiment, especially amongst America's Black Community, and no one wants to see that.

He naturally should be punished and face severe consequences for his thoughtlessness and inability to apologize, but as I say, I believe sacking him would cause more harm than good for the Jewish community.

Doesn't seem likely he will play for the Nets agai. though, eventually he will probably be shipped off for Westbrook I reckon.
He has already been made a martyr by being suspended.

Bogut, Kyrie and Ben is a podcast I don't think I'd be able to listen to for more than 5 minutes, but what a 5 minutes it would be.
It would likely be Bogut asserting his own opinion on everything, Kyrie arguing an opposite view point to a topic that wasn't discussed at all and Ben sits in the corner where he leads strong with the first 25 seconds and you don't hear anything else from him for the remaining 4 minutes and 35 seconds.

Somewhere outside, there is a car alarm going off as well which can be heard.

5 games at least.

I wouldn't mind this so much If one of The Nets co owner's Is a Genocidal Mass murdering POS supporter who endorses the regime that carries out the genocide and mass murder of Mynamar Muslims.

Kyrie's suspension at any rate is pretty much politically motivated. Not sure if it's a good thing for the concept of freedom of speech tbh.

Who is a Genocidal Mass murdering POS supporter who endorses the regime that carries out the genocide and mass murder of Mynamar Muslims. ?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Who is a Genocidal Mass murdering POS supporter who endorses the regime that carries out the genocide and mass murder of Mynamar Muslims. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
A6CA1662-7746-4D93-9870-AEE9D001E4FE.jpeg
P

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

Better late than never I suppose.

Nope i disagree, he had soooooooo many chances to even fake a sincere apology and he refused. He has only finally done this now he has been 'heavily punished'? Nah * that, nobody should give him any lenience because of this fake apology that has come far too late.

Nope i disagree, he had soooooooo many chances to even fake a sincere apology and he refused. He has only finally done this now he has been 'heavily punished'? Nah * that, nobody should give him any lenience because of this fake apology that has come far too late.
The late apology gets him to the lakers - no apology would have meant leaving the league entirely.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Probably at the Nets yes, not sure if blacklisting/banning from the NBA is going to have the effect intended, it's just going to add onto a pile on of disinformation and hate towards Jews (there was a serious threat directed at a Synagogue in New Jersey earlier today)

It's a real powder keg of a situation that needs to be handled with delicacy and as sensitive a way as possible to ensure no further attacks/threats against Jews and anti Semite posts on social media, which is what I fear will happen if Kyrie is barred from the NBA

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Probably at the Nets yes, not sure if blacklisting/banning from the NBA is going to have the effect intended, it's just going to add onto a pile on of disinformation and hate towards Jews (there was a serious threat directed at a Synagogue in New Jersey earlier today)

It's a real powder keg of a situation that needs to be handled with delicacy and as sensitive a way as possible to ensure no further attacks/threats against Jews and anti Semite posts on social media, which is what I fear will happen if Kyrie is barred from the NBA
That is definitely a concern my issue is would we be willing to allow the same leniency to someone if the roles were reversed?

He already has generational wealth but how is he being punished if we continue to allow him to be paid tens of millions of dollars and given a platform to spread his messages. The scariest part is how popular he is among kids, all you hear is how much they love him. The platform he has needs to be removed because he can not be trusted to be a decent human being.

That is a fair post.

How does the NBA deal with this? Demand he sell his team? Been done before so why not.
I think if you or the NBA are fair dinkum, move away from Chinese made products too to make a point.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
That is a fair post.

How does the NBA deal with this? Demand he sell his team? Been done before so why not.
I think if you or the NBA are fair dinkum, move away from Chinese made products too to make a point.

I am a Samsung Galaxy user, those phones are mostly made in Vietnam, my 4K HD TV is Sony, and I am mostly a Nintendo Switch gamer these days, both proud Japanese companies.

Enes Kanter was basically blacklisted for speaking out again tyrincal regimes in China, Taiwan and latest Turkey (whom I hate to say are going back to the dark ages with their conservative/over religious govt)

Wasn't a fan of him as a player, but always applauded him for having the guts to speak out against human rights violations.

The whole relationship with China and the NBA is problematic. Daryl Morey lost his job at the Rockets basically for a tweet denouncing the government there.

Btw I have met many, many kind and decent Chinese People here, and Yao Ming was one of my favourite non Celtics of all time, i absolutely do not judge the people and their historic and great culture on the sins of their brutal regime.

I am a Samsung Galaxy user, those phones are mostly made in Vietnam, my 4K HD TV is Sony, and I am mostly a Nintendo Switch gamer these days, both proud Japanese companies.

Enes Kanter was basically blacklisted for speaking out again tyrincal regimes in China, Taiwan and latest Turkey (whom I hate to say are going back to the dark ages with their conservative/over religious govt)

Wasn't a fan of him as a player, but always applauded him for having the guts to speak out against human rights violations.

The whole relationship with China and the NBA is problematic. Daryl Morey lost his job at the Rockets basically for a tweet denouncing the government there.

Btw I have met many, many kind and decent Chinese People here, and Yao Ming was one of my favourite non Celtics of all time, i absolutely do not judge the people and their historic and great culture on the sins of their brutal regime.

How about the components within the phones/TV and gaming platform? Surely some of them are made in China. There are also players in the NBA who are happy to pick up a paycheck courtesy and utilising Chinese made products, even endorsing them. Some players have even played in China whilst an employee of an NBA team. How are they dealt with?

Back