2022/3 NBA Week 3: Erm, Utah what are you doing?

Will the cursed Lakers win a game this week?

• Hell no

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes (please don't quote me)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Mods please card this off topic post

I cannot possibly be off-topic if I know who I am. This is not going to turn into a spin-around cycle, of questions upon questions. The words 'off topic' never came out of my mouth. Besides, I was just researching 'YHWH'. Fix your life, bro.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
What is the documentary even about?

I'm too lazy to watch it for myself.

With the rather large disclaimer that I haven't watched or even researched it - I'm guessing it's about how modern Jews are 'fake' Jews, and that the 'real' Israelites ended up and/or originated in sub-Saharan Africa, only to be whitewashed out of history.

It's what makes the following peculiar comment he made just before he got suspended stand out:

k1.png

If the documentary is what I think it is, Kyrie's saying, among other things, that he cannot be anti-Semitic because he is 'Semitic'. In which case he's not only engaging in dishonest semantics, but pointedly alluding to something that he has otherwise left unsaid. 'Usurped history', 'imposter chosen people', etc, etc.

Again, this is all just guesswork, but it fits with both the film title and the basic precis we've been given, as well as Kyrie's cryptic non-answers.

Harden out for a month due to a tendon strain/injury is news that's somehow being forgotten in Kyriegate.

Probably will decide Doc's future at Philly how the Sixers perform without the beard.
Don’t know about that, it’s a pretty solid excuse particularly if embiid has outs as well.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
What is the documentary even about?

I'm too lazy to watch it for myself.

With the rather large disclaimer that I haven't watched or even researched it - I'm guessing it's about how modern Jews are 'fake' Jews, and that the 'real' Israelites ended up and/or originated in sub-Saharan Africa, only to be whitewashed out of history.

It's what makes the following peculiar comment he made just before he got suspended stand out:

View attachment 1548919

If the documentary is what I think it is, Kyrie's saying, among other things, that he cannot be anti-Semitic because he is 'Semitic'. In which case he's not only engaging in dishonest semantics, but pointedly alluding to something that he has otherwise left unsaid. 'Usurped history', 'imposter chosen people', etc, etc.

Again, this is all just guesswork, but it fits with both the film title and the basic precis we've been given, as well as Kyrie's cryptic non-answers.
There's a long Rolling Stone piece about it. Has that stuff, but also lots of blaming the Jews for everything, them being devil worshippers, etc.

Comes across as the cinematic version of some loon's youtube conspiracy video.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
In another volume of Timeout Entertainment Critiques, is their anything sadder during an NBA game than the blokes dunking off of trampolines? We've seen it a million times, 5'6 guys who probably didn't make their high school basketball team bringing out the same tired routines, all while trying to get an uninterested crowd hyped up. It's surely past its used by date.

Back