Movie 2022 Academy Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve seen a few, including The Power of the Dog which is favourite. Not the strongest line-up of nominees. Since the golden era of the 70’s there have been some mediocre winners (and foreign-language films were overlooked until Parasite.)

Other than blockbusters like No Time to Die, I think most people prefer streaming good tv like Succession or Squid Game.

Nothing outrageously bad, but very few (good) surprises. Looking forward to checking out Drive My Car. Jessie Buckley's first of many.

Miffed at no Renate Reinsve and Alana Haim for best actress, Villeneuve for director.

Was a long shot, but Simon Rex getting a nom would have been fun. Pretty stacked category though (but give it to Will ffs).

I’ll probably tune in to watch tomorrow’s broadcast but without much enthusiasm. The Oscars probably peaked in the seventies, before my time but most nominated movies were future classics and there was a different calibre of movie stars.

Read an interest article from LAmag on the decline of the awards and the ridiculous Aperture 2025 diversity edict that the Academy will adopt.

My interest in this years award season

FO0xYMSWQAIGudZ

I've watched every year for 25 years but am irritated by their desire to take everything that isn't glitzy enough from the main show and so will do no more than cast a curious eye over. A series of delightful lifetime achievement awards yesterday would have been great viewing - but no. Removing the "unimportant" awards and ditto.

Sinking ratings and all that, but they've combated this by alienating the handful of cinephiles who were still watching.

Hopefully The Power of the Dog gets the win over the sweet but bland CODA.

i hope tom green gets a well overdue lifetime achievement award

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When i heard about this - i assumed it was staged.

But that doesn't look staged - there is no "funny" angle to it

For such a simple joke - Will has absolutely lost it - that "should" be a career ender.

Only thing I can think of is if she has been unwell - and the hair is part of that.

Only thing I can think of is if she has been unwell - and the hair is part of that.
She has alopecia, a condition that causes hair loss. Rock made a joke about here looking like GI Joe.

When i heard about this - i assumed it was staged.

But that doesn't look staged - there is no "funny" angle to it

For such a simple joke - Will has absolutely lost it - that "should" be a career ender.

Yep, she lost her hair due to illness so I think he's genuinely lost it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back