Movie 2022 Academy Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

They cut out his anti-vax rant at the end. It kind of blunted the effect.
I think the fact he sexually assaulted a barely adult alicia silverstone live on stage at an awards ceremony and then not long after tried to assalt will smith on the same stage probably blunts the effect completely.

regardless he was right. Just the wrong person to say it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That second part sounds likes saving their ass bs to me. If he was asked to leave then why announce his award later on, y'know. They'd previously said that the officials were scattered around the theatre and couldn't come together quickly enough to decide upon a collective action. Someone nervously walking up and asking if he'd maybe like to leave seems more the go here, not a joint decision to tell him to leave and him refusing. It's all just gutless, they've been shown to stand for nothing, and heads must roll.

Last edited:
The academy will reconvene in 15 days with talks of further sanctions including expulsion or suspension , they have also stated that they may consider pressing charges against Will…it will be interesting what actions if any they will take as it is a PR nightmare for them allowing this to not only happen but to support Will more on the night than Chris Rock who was assaulted

If I was to make a guess I would say they will suspend him for a brief period and Pat themselves on the back for saying they went hard on him. You have to remember Will only issues an apology two hours after the Academy publically stated that they will further investigate the issue with penalties possibly being handed out.

As if Will would leave, he was favourite to win and he was happy take the glory after hitting someone.

It's disappointing as the award takes away Williams family achievements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back