NFL 2022 AFC Championship Game - Cincinnati at Kansas City

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good debate, counter-points too...

He had me at questioning the legitimacy of dogs playing basketball.

Thanks for this, good read even though I hadn't given the intentional grounding rule two thoughts this month.

Might be an unpopular opinion here but I think if you carry on about the refs too much during yesterdays game you're a bit of a nuffie who is just looking for stuff to justify your own stance. The hive mind approach to opinions online has really dumbed down people and they'll just believe whatever they see.

Perhaps you had a bet on the Bengals or you wanted your opinion about Burrow being better than Mahomes to correct but too often people just look for an out to prove why they are ultimately right, rarely you will see people say oh no I was wrong, the Chiefs were better.

I've seen much worse refereeing this season and this playoffs.

That's a flop

Doesn't matter the sport, the situation or the stakes every social media expert posting abstract clips claiming officiating follies should include #cognitivebias in the post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he wasnt, right there, Moore running right to him

Firstly, Moore was past him and he wasn't making the tackle, secondly, that isn't a natural reaction to a block in the back, if it was a block in the back you fall forward, you dont have time to throw your hands up and you sure aren't upright like he was when you fall down, youre bent over, looks like hes try to fake a hold if anything.

There was also another block in the back on the same punt....

That is a different and natural reaction to a block in the back, unlike the first one you showed.

And the other one...hes already been interfered with a couple yards before this photo, Moore still hasnt reached him and the player would obviously just go ahead and tackle him rather than feigning a flop. A block (in the back) doesnt have to mean just a shove, it can be interference from behind, hooking their arms, impeding their movement.

Screenshot_20230131-195216.png

And the other one...hes already been interfered with a couple yards before this photo, Moore still hasnt reached him and the player would obviously just go ahead and tackle him rather than feigning a flop. A block (in the back) doesnt have to mean just a shove, it can be interference from behind, hooking their arms, impeding their movement.

View attachment 1597397

How easy is umpiring the game from the sideline

Wtf is he talking about? Mahomes was well over the sideline when Ossai unnecessarily shoved. He’s a big guy and had momentum and it’s no soft push..but he easily had time to leave Mahomes alone

View attachment 1596932

Agree, Mahomes was going at pace and he was well past the Bengals player. The move by the Bengals player was unnecessary.

And it cost the Bengals a chance for the SB - the KC kicker wouldn’t have made the field goal without the penalty.

Back