Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The big game is tomorrow night when 1st v 2nd play.
You’d hope to get at least 35,000 surely!? Even with the dreaded Thursday night fixture.

40,000 + would be like a 80,000 type achievement in my opinion for the Melbourne Footy club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I cannot see the WC v Essendon match getting much more than 40K going on the past few matches at OS!
Yes I agree. The only thing making me feel like it could surprise slightly to the upside is the Eagles fans may (rightly!) sense a victory (1) and Essendon are well supported in WA and will be probably represented by bigger numbers in the stands than some of the other travelling sides (2). I guess we will find out soon enough.

My prediction is between 37-40,000 somewhere.

The big game is tomorrow night when 1st v 2nd play.
You’d hope to get at least 35,000 surely!? Even with the dreaded Thursday night fixture.

40,000 + would be like a 80,000 type achievement in my opinion for the Melbourne Footy club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No chance. Not going to happen I don’t think. Melbourne Vs Sydney only 3 weeks earlier on Saturday night drew 32,000. Lions probably not quite as well supported in Victoria as the Swans. Demons fans unlikely to be there in huge numbers.

I see it landing between 27-30,000 most likely, although let’s hope it certainly exceeds 30,000 for the good of the game!

Yes I agree. The only thing making me feel like it could surprise slightly to the upside is the Eagles fans may (rightly!) sense a victory (1) and Essendon are well supported in WA and will be probably represented by bigger numbers in the stands than some of the other travelling sides (2). I guess we will find out soon enough.

My prediction is between 37-40,000 somewhere.

i reckon closer to 37k than 40k. Weekday games in Perth are a prick to get to and the Eagles fans haven’t been exactly flocking to Optus this year. Went and had a look at Ticketmaster and you could barely buy a ticket to this game - so that means over 20,000 WCE members won’t bother turning up to the game despite alot of them paying close to $1k for a membership !!!

This match-up deserves a better timeslot, bizarre fixturing. 25k tonight I reckon. The silver lining is if the crowd is that poor it may spell an end to the MCG Thursday night games.

Problem is it is probably going to rate very well on TV.
I agree. I sense anything over 30,000 will be deemed acceptable tonight.

However, sadly a top of the table match up of this sort should be in a better time slot with a crowd between 40-50,000. I’m sure that’s what the power brokers at Melbourne would’ve dreamed about leading into their post premiership season. I’m sure something below 30,000 for this game wouldn’t have been part of their vision when they projected forward and considered the growth of their club post flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the AFL are giving out thousands of free tickets to the North v Crows match in Hobart as I fear it could get less than 5000 without some freebies.
Probably not many freebies but probably reduced ticket prices like last game. It may get less than the North vs GWS game from last season when 3500 attended but surely the Hawthorn game later this season will get at least 10000.

I hope the AFL are giving out thousands of free tickets to the North v Crows match in Hobart as I fear it could get less than 5000 without some freebies.
Children get in free for this round so hopefully that will entice some more families along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back