Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Recon_29

All Australian
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Tassie home games will be rabid, like when the crows first came into the competition, it will be great to see that level of passion.

Yep. Absolutely agree with this. However I dont a Tassie team is going to happen. The noise around it lately leans towards it being shut down. Hope I am wrong.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Will part of the new stand be accessible by then? Looks like its a fair way off still.
Stands generally do, because we compare them to houses mentally. But once the concrete is in, it's 70% done. There's not a whole lot of fitout to do comparatively. By Xmas shutdown, I'd expect all major construction to be done or near done, leaving seat and outlet installation, plus some roofing work.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
Bigger effects being felt from SA and WA crowds being down.
Thats a bit rough on the Dockers, with a 53k crowd this weekend for the Derby they will only be slightly under their 2018, 2019 ave. The Eagles crowds however thats a different story…

MattF185

All Australian
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket basketball tennis athletics
If the Blues were in better form, then the Melbourne v Carlton H&A record of 60,794 set back in 1980 would’ve been in play this weekend. Potentially low 50’s this weekend, which would still be a good result.

If the Blues were in better form, then the Melbourne v Carlton H&A record of 60,794 set back in 1980 would’ve been in play this weekend. Potentially low 50’s this weekend, which would still be a good result.

Still got to be a chance of that 60k happening, surely. It's still a vital match and Carlton have played the last two games outside of Vic.

Pretty bizarre that there's only been 9 H&A games of 50k between the two.

Last edited:

Rouel_14

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
Bendigo, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Pity it’s raining Sunday in Melbourne.
May have got 50K to the Houli, Lambert and Caddy send off game.

Last home game of the season, somewhere between 40-50K

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jun 12, 2002
Ouray
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Pity it’s raining Sunday in Melbourne.
May have got 50K to the Houli, Lambert and Caddy send off game.

Last home game of the season, somewhere between 40-50K

Looking at ticketek reserved seat sales look pretty solid so i think 50k+ would have been a certainty..
Hopefully the low moves quicker to the east and its not too bad...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to austadiums they drew 42,000 against hawthorn in 2016 - I don’t remember the match but this seems to be a likely equivalent ?

This week is making me nostalgic for the early 2000s when Swans fans liked going to Stadium Australia.

A Swans/Pies match with basically identical circumstances (2nd last round playing for 2nd spot) got 72,393 back in 2003.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Third tier is open which always makes it harder to judge, but it looks dismal so far.
We’re at that stage of the year where teams out of contention looking for the year to end see really poor disengaged crowds. Tonight’s crowd a case in point. Reserved seats very sparse.

Ticket sales for the Bombers game on Sunday are looking pathetic and indicative of a team whose fans will stay home and watch it on TV. As they’ve done for much of 2022 to be frank. Pre sales looking worse that it’s crowd against the Gold Coast to me.

Raz Man

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Meanwhile, General public tickets for the Flagpies v Baggers next weekend officially sold out. There will be no extra tickets released..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back