• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield is the worst in the competition and we don't have a pick in the first round. Excellent.
That's because we traded it for Izak Rankine. Will hopefully be a good player.

Our midfield is the worst in the competition and we don't have a pick in the first round. Excellent.
The Hewitt rumour has got me interested. He looks a quality mid and if we have been able to engineer a pick to get him using only our future 2nd rounders, then Rankine, Hewitt, Michalanney and maybe a guy like Verrall would represent a great haul this year and leaves us with a likely top 10 pick in next years strong draft

But as much as its exciting to think about grabbing a guy like Hewitt, the reality could be very different and we might end up with just Max and some speculative late picks

The competitiveness of Adelaide assures we aren't bottom three. North, Hawthorn in particular are tanking. Adelaide is too competitive to finish bottom 4 even though I'd like it. Youngest list and no elite midfield but mark this down. We won't finish bottom 3!!

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is deserves its own thread.

Where will the Crows finish in 2023? Mind you its very dependent on the fixture.

I still think we will end up around bottom 5.

The Hewitt rumour has got me interested. He looks a quality mid and if we have been able to engineer a pick to get him using only our future 2nd rounders, then Rankine, Hewitt, Michalanney and maybe a guy like Verrall would represent a great haul this year and leaves us with a likely top 10 pick in next years strong draft

But as much as its exciting to think about grabbing a guy like Hewitt, the reality could be very different and we might end up with just Max and some speculative late picks
...who turn into guys like Soligo and Taylor

Just a question on that. What would be the mechanism to trade one in first as I thought you could only trade for picks when the club wanting to trade is on the clock and therefore if say its x team at pick 15 and we want that pick, how could we have traded one of the 2nds we have back in previously?
If you're talking about live trading... actually, I recall there were trades going on in the background in previous drafts when a club was on the clock to make a selection, so I'd say clubs can make live trades any time during the draft.

When a club is on the clock, they have like about 5 mins to decide whether to make a trade or not. You'd have any potential trades lined up well before the draft starts though.

Hewett with an E

Let's get it right on the chance we draft him.

If you're talking about live trading... actually, I recall there were trades going on in the background in previous drafts when a club was on the clock to make a selection, so I'd say clubs can make live trades any time during the draft.

When a club is on the clock, they have like about 5 mins to decide whether to make a trade or not. You'd have any potential trades lined up well before the draft starts though.
22 November 2018, SOS crashed Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 November 2018, SOS crashed Bigfooty.

media-giphy-com-f5b-772fc-e-gif.1159133

* yeah!

If Phillipou gets to pick 10 and we offer our future 1st and future 2nd to the saints will people be upset or Happy?

Or trade just North's future 2nd to get Elijah Hewett and keep our future 1st

If Phillipou gets to pick 10 and we offer our future 1st and future 2nd to the saints will people be upset or Happy?

Or trade just North's future 2nd to get Elijah Hewett and keep our future 1st
He wont get past the Hawks, you can take that to the bank.

Yep 2nd rounder is no brainer

There is definitely some consistency and off field behaviours that have put clubs off him being a top 10 pick like he was looking at some stage
What are these behaviours? I hear people refer to them but there's nothing that I can find to support it.

He seems very professional, and other than some inconsistency, I don't see the downside.

EDIT: Answered, sort of

Last edited:
Gold Coast had no interest in our 2023 pick with 2 high end Academy picks next year they'll most likely trade out there 2023 1st as well for points.
No disrespect - I know you keep saying this, but there's nothing to support it.

They NEED points next year, they have almost no list spots this year, they gave away pick 7 for pennies in the dollar, they could have moved into a better draft, they would have had a tremendous 2023 trade asset ...

No disrespect - I know you keep saying this, but there's nothing to support it.

They NEED points next year, they have almost no list spots this year, they gave away pick 7 for pennies in the dollar, they could have moved into a better draft, they would have had a tremendous 2023 trade asset ...
This trolling of my posts is getting pretty tiresome.

What are these behaviours? I hear people refer to them but there's nothing that I can find to support it.

He seems very professional, and other than some inconsistency, I don't see the downside.
There’s something going on in the background , might not be too bad but it’s there

Interesting that west coast sound like they may pass even at 20 and they’d prob know most

As I said I’m keen anywhere for a 2nd rounder

AFL draft star Harry Sheezel targeted by anti-Semitic abuse​

A young AFL player who’s set to star in this year’s draft has been targeted in a stream of vile anti-Semitic abuse.

Harry Sheezel will be the first Jewish player to enter the league in more than two decades and is likely to be taken within the first five picks on Monday night.

But the 18-year-old has been on the receiving end of a series of slurs after an article about him hit social media on Sunday night.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...e/news-story/c310527c1cd77abd16604b97c2512aec

Back