• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect - I know you keep saying this, but there's nothing to support it.

They NEED points next year, they have almost no list spots this year, they gave away pick 7 for pennies in the dollar, they could have moved into a better draft, they would have had a tremendous 2023 trade asset ...
It is very frustrating that Melbourne are apparently willing to trade 3 1sts to get Phillipou, who Fox are describing as a Bont clone, and we had pick 5 and didn’t even try and keep it. The logic of our club when it comes to building our midfield is pretty baffling.

There’s something going on in the background , might not be too bad but it’s there

Interesting that west coast sound like they may pass even at 20 and they’d prob know most

As I said I’m keen anywhere for a 2nd rounder
Might be able to persuade the Giants with North 2nd rounder 2023 given they have picks 18 and 19.

There’s something going on in the background , might not be too bad but it’s there

Interesting that west coast sound like they may pass even at 20 and they’d prob know most

As I said I’m keen anywhere for a 2nd rounder
ALLEGED expulsion/s from high school.

Not my info or source, only rumour I've heard doing the rounds

ALLEGED expulsion/s from high school.

Not my info or source, only rumour I've heard doing the rounds
:thumbsu:Suspended I was told by a very good source (excellent even) who has to remain nameless and allegedly doesn't mesh well with teammates.

It is very frustrating that Melbourne are apparently willing to trade 3 1sts to get Phillipou, who Fox are describing as a Bont clone, and we had pick 5 and didn’t even try and keep it. The logic of our club when it comes to building our midfield is pretty baffling.
Its not Phillipou they are after..its Humphrey apparently

Melbourne trying to get 4, 5 or 6. Are they looking to get ahead of Geelong and take Clark?
You’d think if it’s not, probably don’t need to aim so high to get one of Phillipou, Tsatas, Humphrey or MacKenzie. They’d get one of them a bit later.

We have a terrible midfield and no access to young elite midfield talent. Asinine how?
Everyone knows we have no first rounder, and everyone knows why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Phillipou gets to pick 10 and we offer our future 1st and future 2nd to the saints will people be upset or Happy?

Or trade just North's future 2nd to get Elijah Hewett and keep our future 1st

Very happy. Target free agents / trades next year.

This trolling of my posts is getting pretty tiresome.
What? I think I'm pretty respectful towards everything you post?

I disagree with you on this. You're posting something as a fact, and I feel there is a strong contrary point of view. I think it's perfectly fine for someone to post that.

Agreed - I think you have to assume that we're not THAT interested. Maybe we were a couple of weeks ago, when it seemed like a pick swap and the 2nds might get him, but we opened our negotiations for Rankine by offering pick 5, which not only says we wanted Rankine but certainly says we were prioritising using current picks to get him.

If we DO really want Phillipou, as is being suggested, then we were borderline incompetent for negotiating the way we did.

We don't know that Melbourne want Phillipou, fwiw. They just want to be right at the top of the draft.

Most of this board had us finishing last or second last this year. Dunno how confident to be in your top 5 next year guarantee.

Assessing where clubs will finish is an intriguing part of list manager when it comes to future picks.

We all have a go at picking a rough ladder but the list management group really have to put all emotion aside and try to get as close as they can. For every future pick that gets traded there would be discussion around another ten picks that don't progress.

As an example Reid is probably the only guy who as part of his job might be able to say internally he thinks we are a bottom four team.

I'd be happy with Verrall with a later pick. Looks like he can actually play - a bit like Marshall for St Kilda.

Any KPD's we might be interested with a late/rookie/SSP pick?

Assessing where clubs will finish is an intriguing part of list manager when it comes to future picks.

We all have a go at picking a rough ladder but the list management group really have to put all emotion aside and try to get as close as they can. For every future pick that gets traded there would be discussion around another ten picks that don't progress.

As an example Reid is probably the only guy who as part of his job might be able to say internally he thinks we are a bottom four team.
It would be relatively difficult to assess where clubs finish next before the trade / draft period if the fixture isn't out yet, especially for the middle of the road clubs.

Who finishes higher this year, Adel, Ess, Saints, GWS, Suns? I think it's all dependant on the draw. You might think Crows finish 14th (pick 5) but they play Roos, WC, Hawks and Sun twice, get 8 wins from there and finish 10th (pick 9).

That's a significantly changes the value of the picks traded.

I'd be happy with Verrall with a later pick. Looks like he can actually play - a bit like Marshall for St Kilda.

Any KPD's we might be interested with a late/rookie/SSP pick?
Kyle Marshall's athletic profile is pretty enticing, definitely in the project category but heaps to work with.

Showed quite a bit for South this year and went alright at the Nationals for a lad with a lot of physical growth to come.

gettyimages-1405156820-612x612.jpg

Back