• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the Saints do that trade?
I more saying if it was accepted how do people feel about giving up two picks next year. The likelihood of us getting a top 10 pick this year with the assets we currently have it is remarkably low but you'd still see people on the board say we overpaid

I more saying if it was accepted how do people feel about giving up two picks next year. The likelihood of us getting a top 10 pick this year with the assets we currently have it is remarkably low but you'd still see people on the board say we overpaid

I suggested something similar 50 pages back and was publically ridiculed lol.

You have to pay overs when you offer nothing in the current draft OR somehow get a pick for them to slide down to EG:

GWS: 19
ADL: F2 (Nth).

STK: 10 + F2
ADL: 19 + F1

anyone seen anything from this account before draft / trade related to know if he is likely on the money or talking out his you know what

Simply rehashing public rumours from Fox and other news services, for likes ......I could tweet the same info

Why would we trade next year's first for Brennan Cox when he becomes a free agent in 2024?

I dont know what our plan is, but with Tyler Welsh coming through in 2024 there's an opportunity to trade our 2024 first into 2023 or for a decent player.

My hopes for next three drafts:

Trade in 2023 first for Phillipou OR
2023 first, 2023 second and North second for Phillipou and receiving clubs 2023 first OR
Trade future second for Barnett

Draft Ashton Moir if no Phillipou
Trade 2024 first for an experienced player coming into prime.

Draft Tyler Welsh
Free agent Brennan Cox
Yeah forgot Cox would be close to FA, great point.

With news we are into Hewett if he slides, I'd be stoked if we made that happen.

Yes to Moir, yes to trading f24 next year for talent and taking f/s and free agent Cox 2024.

That's a plan I could come at.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting - WB and Melb trying to trade up for Tsatas and Humphrey.

No idea how that would effect the whole list.

1. Cadman (GWS)
2. Ashcroft (BL)
3. Wardlaw (NM)
4. Sheezel (NM)
5. Humphrey (WB trade with ESS)
6. Ginbey (GC)
7. Tsatas (MEL trade with HAW)
8. Clark (GEEL)
9. McKenzie (WC)
10. Phillipou (STK)
11. Fletcher (BL)
12. Hollands (CAR)
13. Jefferson (ESS)
14. Allan (WC)
15. Busslinger (HAW)

We could target Pick 10 for Phillipou.

Interesting - WB and Melb trying to trade up for Tsatas and Humphrey.

Humphrey seems like the most desired player in the draft past Norths picks 2 and 3

Multiple clubs desperate for him

GC, WB , Melb , Syd and likely more

Do Essendon spring a surprise and draft him at 4 ?

Edit - or trade back

Humphrey seems like the most desired player in the draft past Norths picks 2 and 3

Edit - or trade back
It doesnt seem Essendon is as keen on him. Seems they were set on Phillipou/Tsatas and if clubs are going to offer up stupid value maybe its in their interests to cash in.

As for how that would effect the rest of the draft.. could see Phillipou slide to 10.

Have we underestimated the value our pick 5?

Seems we could have been more creative with other clubs offering up trades
It would be great to hear from the recruiters after the drafts as to what they tried to do. I agree with you and others have posted here that our 2023 F1 was not much use to GC because of Academy kids. But that being so, could we have for example tried to bring in a team like St Kilda where they accepted our 2023 F1 and a swap of future 2nds for example, GC took their pick and we got Rankine and held onto pick 5

I just want to know that they looked at every option to try and maintain pick 5 or get maximum value for it to work up a trade for Izak if they really also rated Phillipou in this draft, so that it left us with enough collateral to have made a very tempting offer on the night of the draft for the pick to get him

Because they could get more!
I don't think they could, that already a great deal.

We've grossly undervalued our original pick if that's true.

If we traded our future first into this year 7 weeks ago surely we would get better value than that.

Trade that for pick for Rankine and take our own pick 5 to the draft.

Some experts in the futures market believe picks in the 20s and early 30s in 2023 will be the equal of selections in the early teens on Monday night.

That’s because there is already a solid talent base of 17-year-olds, although clubs have not yet thoroughly investigated those prospects.

Edit - or trade back
I have a feeling the WB/Ess trade is a decent chance of happening

Dogs want Humphrey or Tsatas, Ess wants Hewett - both will be in appropriate ranges if they swap

Can’t see Melb getting up the order though

Back