• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t watched outside highlights but it does look a little meh.

Some good top end but from the mid teens it seems like mostly role player types. Maybe a few high risk high reward players
I don’t see it as that strong either

First 11 or 12 were standouts

After that even ish without too much back end depth

Yeah, I'm not getting the people saying Sydney bid to screw us. He went within the range he was expected to.

If a bid came in slightly later it makes very little difference to the late picks we get back.

We've done pretty well. Swapped out our '22 second rounder for North's '23 second rounder then got Michalanney, a first round rated prospect for junk picks.
Feels like he was bid on to buy time for Sydney to trade that pick out. The old SOS trick

Only problem is if Port have better picks than us - them sliding down the ladder and us going up the ladder.
Irrelevant as player nominates the club irrespective of picks.

Anyone with an understanding of this, what was the impact of getting the bid on Max at 17 as compared to 25?

Our 3rd pick gets pushed back a bit further in the draft order. Really, how much impact that has depends on how quickly clubs want to get out of this draft.

Anyone with an understanding of this, what was the impact of getting the bid on Max at 17 as compared to 25?
Pick 51 with no discount, so a later pick in the 50's.

So pick 54.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The late pick we got back would be higher than the 69 we got. Probably around 60-65.

With Max being considered a first rounder, it keeps our options to trade future 1sts open with the 2 firsts in 4 years rule.

I’m a little confused, did we go into deficit by matching the pick?

So going into the draft we had:
Pick #46 - 331 points
Pick #56 - 194 points
Pick #59 - 158 points
Total = 683 points

Bid on MM at Pick #17 which is worth 1025 points

Father/Son rules gift a discount of 20% on points (not 100% sure if it’s 15% or 20% discount, google shows mixed answers)

20% off 1025 brings it down to 820

So are we in deficit by 137 points?

Pick #46 - 331 points
Pick #56 - 194 points
Pick #59 - 158 points
Total = 683 points

Father/Son rules gift a discount of 20% on points (not 100% sure if it’s 15% or 20% discount, google shows mixed answers)

Our picks came in during the draft due to other bids being matched by picks before them

Pick #46 - 331 points
Pick #56 - 194 points
Pick #59 - 158 points
Total = 683 points

No, we are not in deficit because our picks improved in value with Lions x2 matching bids.

Don’t think it has much, pick 11 or 12 might have required 2023 deficit which wouldn’t have been ideal

Given we might not use our last pick or possibly get the same player we were going to get anyway not sure it matters

Pick #46 - 331 points
Pick #56 - 194 points
Pick #59 - 158 points
Total = 683 points

After the Ashcroft and Fletcher matching our picks came in to 43, 51, 54 = 857 points.

All good.

Back