• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sydney bid on two players back to back? Surely being campaigners
Absolutely reemed GWS. Just devastated their draft.
it’s what we should have done to them 2 years ago by bidding on Braden Campbell at 2, forcing them to match, then bidding on Goulden at 7 where they couldn’t have matched.

If you look at transactions, the value of the first round seems clear.

We gave 5 away as quickly as we could. GCS dumped 7 just to lose salary - which Bowes would have done AND stayed. Sydney dicked around making bids while they tried to lock in a trade, presumably because they were struggling to find takers.

Even the Sydney trade - they gave a first up for a middling second this year (potentially at a point where the talent will be REALLY thin) and a F2 and F3, which I'm sure is the real thing they wanted.
Then why did Essendon pass on 3 1sts for pick 4?

Think it will come out that multiple clubs tried to push up to get Humphrey

Hence clubs interest in pick 4 from Essendon

Maybe one or 2 others too

All hearsay until info starts to come through

Unless Twomey and other sources lie about it

If you look at transactions, the value of the first round seems clear.

We gave 5 away as quickly as we could. GCS dumped 7 just to lose salary - which Bowes would have done AND stayed. Sydney dicked around making bids while they tried to lock in a trade, presumably because they were struggling to find takers.

Even the Sydney trade - they gave a first up for a middling second this year (potentially at a point where the talent will be REALLY thin) and a F2 and F3, which I'm sure is the real thing they wanted.
Did Sydney try to push up the order too ?

Will be interesting to find out

big winners in order
1. brisbane
2. west coast
3. adelaide (drawing a first round bid highly advantageous as others have noted)

big losers
1. gws - cadman cost a lot and the rest of the picks are too speculative given their capital
2. north - yuk just juk
3. hawks - also yuk yuk yuk with that trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big winners in order
1. brisbane
2. west coast
3. adelaide (drawing a first round bid highly advantageous as others have noted)

big losers
1. gws - cadman cost a lot and the rest of the picks are too speculative given their capital
2. north - yuk just juk
3. hawks - also yuk yuk yuk with that trade
North smashed it out of the park

In 2 years time I'm not seeing it.

Two things confuse me if we were really deep into Phillipou

- as many have commented why didn’t we work out future first into the Rankine deal. Multiple Vic clubs were looking at Bowes and I am sure our future first would have been very attractive. We could still have swapped 5 for 7 if GC wouldn’t budge without being higher up the order

- if we were trying to get the Bombers pick - or the Saints etc, and Phillipou was onboard with coming to us, why would he shout from the rooftops that he was happy to go interstate. Like Tsatas, he could have put the go home factor fear into clubs and assisted us in potentially trading in.

Publicly at least it doesn’t seem that we were heavily invested - or at least MP wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two things confuse me if we were really deep into Phillipou

- as many have commented why didn’t we work out future first into the Rankine deal. Multiple Vic clubs were looking at Bowes and I am sure our future first would have been very attractive. We could still have swapped 5 for 7 if GC wouldn’t budge without being higher up the order

- if we were trying to get the Bombers pick - or the Saints etc, and Phillipou was onboard with coming to us, why would he shout from the rooftops that he was happy to go interstate. Like Tsatas, he could have put the go home factor fear into clubs and assisted us in potentially trading in.

Publicly at least it doesn’t seem that we were heavily invested - or at least MP wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You're wrongit will likely come out what we offered Essendon days ago.

So, all these incredible mysterious offers - and yet the actual trades were strangely undervalued?

Personally, I think Dodoro and Essendon were feeding rumours to the media to try and get betters offers, none of which came.

But I guess we'll never know - we'll only know what actually happened.
If Dodo isn't accepting 3x1sts for pick 4, he's not budging.

No one is offering more.

North smashed it out of the park
no they didn't

they could have taken wardlaw to replace horne then traded down twice reaping two more future firsts and grabbing what they needed which was busslinger or jefferson

absolutely s**t draft by them

they do not need sheezel and overrated from what ive seen

So, all these incredible mysterious offers - and yet the actual trades were strangely undervalued?

Personally, I think Dodoro and Essendon were feeding rumours to the media to try and get betters offers, none of which came.

But I guess we'll never know - we'll only know what actually happened.
agree this time

dodoro is a s**t stirrer and i would not buy a cup cake off that bloke

no they didn't

they could have taken wardlaw to replace horne then traded down twice reaping two more future firsts and grabbing what they needed which was busslinger or jefferson

absolutely s**t draft by them

they do not need sheezel and overrated from what ive seen
Sheezel overrated....LOL LOL

Back