• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no they didn't

they could have taken wardlaw to replace horne then traded down twice reaping two more future firsts and grabbing what they needed which was busslinger or jefferson

absolutely s**t draft by them

they do not need sheezel and overrated from what ive seen
Don’t forget they had pick 1 and JHF a few weeks ago. Can’t really see that this post season has been anything but a disaster for them.

Yes but they mitigated it pretty well as pick 1 they still take wardlaw or sheezel and they have replaced jhf with a top quality kid.
Well depends how you look at it.
we offered 3 1sts last year for pick 1 and GWS would have given them 2 1sts for pick 1 this year, including their 3, then they could have got 3 1sts for that 3 from Mel or WB this year. What’s that, 7 1st round picks. Could have set their club up for the next 10 years.

Do the Crows now have the most 1st round picks on their list in their history?

13 in last 8 years + Smith

2022 - Michalanney 17
2021 Rachele 6
2020 Thilthorpe 2, Pedlar 11
2019 McAsey 6, Cook 25
2018 - Rankine 3#, Jones 9, Hately 14#, McHenry 16
2017 - Fogarty 12
(2016 - Gallucci 15)
2015 - Milera 11, Doedee 17
(2014 - Lever 14)
2010 - Smith 14

Edit - added Cook

Last edited:

12 in last 8 years + Smith

2022 - Michalanney 17
2021 Rachele 6
2021Thilthorpe 2, Pedlar 11
2020 McAsey 6
2017 - Fogarty 12
(2016 - Gallucci 15)
(2014 - Lever)
2010 - Smith 14

Cook was first round too after all the bid matching, wasn't he?

12 in last 8 years + Smith

2022 - Michalanney 17
2021 Rachele 6
2021Thilthorpe 2, Pedlar 11
2020 McAsey 6
2017 - Fogarty 12
(2016 - Gallucci 15)
(2014 - Lever)
2010 - Smith 14
You missed brayden cook in 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i honestly think sheezel is too slow for AFL

we shall see
I was at the game where he tore the Falcons to shreds in the first half, kicked like 4 in the first half alone. He’s got tricks that not many players have, he’s doesn’t need to be quick when he can literally sidestep anyone, Ashcroft gets more of the ball but Sheezel will be better imo, freakish talent.

I was at the game where he tore the Falcons to shreds in the first half, kicked like 4 in the first half alone. He’s got tricks that not many players have, he’s doesn’t need to be quick when he can literally sidestep anyone, Ashcroft gets more of the ball but Sheezel will be better imo, freakish talent.
The Stevie Johnson comparisons are on point...

And it took Stevie like 5 years or more to come good.
Won't take Harry anything like that long, he doesn't possess the self discipline Stevie lacked early on..... he'll play AFL in 2023...

Hopefully he won't cop the anti-semitic crap he copped over the weekend during his AFL career, just goes to show there's some real lowlifes that follow footy.

Besides the obvious ones in Barnett and Ryan, who is left that might be a good fit for us?

Of the guys I've seen, the two that stood out for me were Cowan and Dowling. Both just look like AFL players to my eyes.

Would love to see us pick a tall like Verrall either late or in the Rookie draft too.

If you look at transactions, the value of the first round seems clear.

We gave 5 away as quickly as we could. GCS dumped 7 just to lose salary - which Bowes would have done AND stayed. Sydney dicked around making bids while they tried to lock in a trade, presumably because they were struggling to find takers.

Even the Sydney trade - they gave a first up for a middling second this year (potentially at a point where the talent will be REALLY thin) and a F2 and F3, which I'm sure is the real thing they wanted.

Look, it’s so obvious that at some point you have to wonder whether someone even wants to understand

We know as absolute, irrefutable fact certain things:

Picks including 1,2,5,7 have been traded away - That is unprecedented in the modern era.

We also know the AFL media - who have a vested interest in maintaining interest and intrigue in one the AFL’s marquee events, the draft, in what has been a very low key, low expectation class - has been selling the idea of a sudden feeding frenzy from clubs trying to buy back into this draft. A draft other clubs have publicly sold out of relatively cheaply

Not only are these entirely unverified, speculative rumours, they apparently involve massive overs to buy into the draft that has already been sold out of

Lastly, we observed none of these trades being executed despite the allegations of significant overs being offered.

Now, it could be true that there was a sudden and inexplicable market correction across the board, and suddenly multiple parties wanted desperately to buy in and offered to pay up. But equally we are asked to believe that all these massive overs offers were out there but no one took it?

What’s more likely though? That a damp squib of an event got a little mayo, or an entire industry froze at the sudden riches being offered from all comers?

Given the facts of the matter, which include an unprecedented sell off, maybe Dodoro was just trying to create a market - unsuccessfully?

Besides the obvious ones in Barnett and Ryan, who is left that might be a good fit for us?

Of the guys I've seen, the two that stood out for me were Cowan and Dowling. Both just look like AFL players to my eyes.

Would love to see us pick a tall like Verrall either late or in the Rookie draft too.
Olli Hotton, Coby Burgiel shouldn't last much longer you'd have to think.

Back