• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos are a rabble, losing to that is highly unlikely. And we were never losing to eagles at home. But that win didn't spell certain win in Perth to objective eyes. Eagles don't need to improve too much to make a decent game of it.
WCE will be experimenting with their list in the last 10 games .....that will be overriding the need to win

Nick Sadler is a midfielder, could play in defence or forward but he's definitely a midfielder. and that's where he's played the bulk of his football to now.

Teammate running defender Alex Holt was probably SA's best on the night but not really what we're looking for.. Jake Walker I thought was the mid that's flying under the radar, been excellent for the Bays this year and hasn't played a lot of footy the last couple of year's with injuries, another SE lad.
Billy Dowling in terms of traits might suit us as much as anyone - good size and power out of stoppages and also has some versatility to play different positions which we need if we want to build a deep midfield

Sadler is great but another smallish one

Phillipou - interested to see how he goes against the elite mids of vic etc

I agree that SA mids will struggle against the other states like previous poster mentioned

WCE will be experimenting with their list in the last 10 games .....that will be overriding the need to win

That depends on when WCE snaps their losing streak.

Get a few wins around the rnd 14-19 period and we're more likely to see that experimentation. If not, well, they're a club in desperate need of a win and our match is certainly a standout to snap that streak.

Bruhn is a ripper ....2nd year, starting mid for GWS ...has it all, skills and toughness
Sure, but had been dropped and wasn't getting much run.

Very good this week, though.

Bruhn was trying to break into a very strong GWS Midfield ....fact that he started in the middle, on the weekend, says everything about him

Bruhn was trying to break into a very strong GWS Midfield ....fact that he started in the middle, on the weekend, says everything about him
Or GWS development

It wasn't the toughest of match ups let's be honest. Not to say he's not a great prospect, but take his games out v the Roos adn Eagles, and things are probably more steady than exceptional. A good game (stats wise) v the Dees.
1655179279012.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can recall us losing by 40 points to a 1 win/20 losses Freo side in Perth in the final round of 2001 and missing out on a home final.

I don't think you can ever take an away game victory for granted.

It would surprise me at this point, seeing both clubs barely have a pulse. Of course, it depends on when North pull the trigger and sack Noble (and if West Coast sack Simpson), we seem a pretty likely to fall foul of a dead cat bounce in Tasmania or Perth.
Or even Tasmania AND Perth...

National champs finally begin this weekend - shown on AFL.com streamed live

Scully out playing for school , Ryan also out . One of allies best Grace also not playing

Ones to watch

SA
D’aloia 28
Dowling 33
Phillipou 21
Lemmey 40
Delean 14 for next year

Michaelanney 13 crows father / son
Keeler 38 crows NGA

Allies
Gilbee 16
Munkara NT 17
Fletcher 18 Bris father son
Cowan 22 Tassie
Anderson 27 swans academy

I reckon it will be a close game , tipping allies get up by a goal or 2

National champs finally begin this weekend - shown on AFL.com streamed live

Scully out playing for school , Ryan also out . One of allies best Grace also not playing

Ones to watch

SA
D’aloia 28
Dowling 33
Phillipou 21
Lemmey 40
Delean 14 for next year

Michaelanney 13 crows father / son
Keeler 38 crows NGA

Allies
Gilbee 16
Munkara NT 17
Fletcher 18 Bris father son
Cowan 22 Tassie
Anderson 27 swans academy

I reckon it will be a close game , tipping allies get up by a goal or 2
Supposedly the weakest SA draft crop in years (from what I was told by someone involved in underage coaching).

Really ? We’ve got a number of talls this year in Lemmy, Scully , keeler. They’re going to be hard to match up on
No one to kick it to them though.

Back