• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not worried about not having late pick ruck or KPD added to the list this year. Most likely to be AFL quality comes first to my mind. Our only genuine need at this moment is a couple of A grade mids with vision, elite legs and/or speed. Backs and average rucks you can get at anytime it matters. Which it doesn’t really at the moment.
That’s assuming there have been no quality developing rucks we could have drafted in the last 5 years. We haven’t drafted one in all that time. As we know young rucks take time, it’s stupid list management not to have one on your list.

That’s assuming there have been no quality developing rucks we could have drafted in the last 5 years. We haven’t drafted one in all that time. As we know young rucks take time, it’s stupid list management not to have one on your list.

Most clubs trade in experienced Rucks hence the merry go round most years. Not a necessity - but we do seem to have a clump of similar types on the list. Next year will be a reasonable clean up I suspect

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most clubs trade in experienced Rucks hence the merry go round most years. Not a necessity - but we do seem to have a clump of similar types on the list. Next year will be a reasonable clean up I suspect

Are there any other clubs without a developing ruck on their list?

Totally forgot about him..doesn't help us if butts or murray get injured but sanfl depth
If Butts/Murray get injured, the next option has got to be Worrell at CHB. He's got the height for it, at least. Failing that, probably EH at CHB as you say

Borlase isn't looking up to it, and I don't want to see Doedee stand a key position post ever again

If Butts/Murray get injured, the next option has got to be Worrell at CHB. He's got the height for it, at least. Failing that, probably EH at CHB as you say

Borlase isn't looking up to it, and I don't want to see Doedee stand a key position post ever again
I thought the McAsey news (surely he's not coming back and if he does, it will only be to bide time until his contract runs out) might have forced our hand.

Dawson probably gets roped into a Trent McKenzie style KPD role if Butts/Murray goes down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a bit of a paint by numbers night with drafting, but at least Dowling and Bond seem like the types of lads who could easily find a gig in our side, whether in defense or midfield. Ditto Michaelaney who we got dirt cheap.

How many clubs are running with a first ruck they traded in from elsewhere?

Without looking:

Port
GC
gWS
Sydney
Geelong
Richmond
Collingwood

Are there anymore?

Probably looking at

Traded rucks: Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney

Drafted rucks: Adelaide, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Yeah he's clearly quitting tomorrow, that's why he never missed a session before his leave and is still in constant contact with Burgo's staff while in Melbourne and putting work in. Players who are leaving always do that.
Clearly needed a mental reset and get on the course Seedman recommended to Fogarty this year.

I was told we interviewed Felix Fogarty a while ago maybe he's a chance in the rookie draft? Mobile ruck/forward that looked alright in one game at the Nationals for VC.

Of course there could be a chance Thilthorpe does more rucking as he builds his strength?

Last edited:
Back