• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably hard to do so, considering:

1) any team we would’ve traded with would’ve wanted a pick in this year’s draft back, as well as a future pick
2) not many teams seemed to want to trade out of the first round by all means necessary, this year (the only one that did got incredible pick value - Swans)
3) expected first round bid on MM complicated things more than usual, re: possessing picks around the late teens/early 20’s
Philipou was always going to be drafted ahead of Michalaney, so it's not like we couldn't have held it and tried to offer it as part of a deal.

You have have potential deals lined up we, but wait to pull the trigger until draft night.

Your second point also supports the idea that we undersold pick 5.
The dogs offered pick 11* and a future first for pick 4, if they were going after Humphrey then they probably still do that deal for pick 5 during the trade period.

Backs up my theory multiple clubs were keen on Bailey Humphrey and there was alot of behind the scenes work to get up to take him

Also that the top 11 or 12 picks were standouts compared to rest of the draft so it was going to be difficult to trade up even though alot of clubs tried

Also backs up the info mutineer received re the crows rating Phillipou and the fact they met with him multiple times in last 2-3 weeks pre draft (yes they rated Rankine priority )

Does it? That just seems like due dilligence with any highly rated SA talent in the hopes of getting a trade request down the line.

Does it? That just seems like due dilligence with any highly rated SA talent in the hopes of getting a trade request down the line.
Definitely part of it

But just like bidding on academy kids …. If you’re also offering up a future 1st round likely top 10 pick in a strong draft you need to be prepared that it might come off

So there is also more to it

Much more than just due diligence we truly rate Mattaes highly, club's in the bottom half of the ladder don't put future 1sts and 2nds on the table unless they think they have a chance at the player..

You are correct that the genuine interest we showed in trying to get a deal done so he could remain in Adelaide will not have been missed by Mattaes, his family and management mob headed up by Ned Costello for future reference.

You believe what you want to believe, I also heard we had very big interest in Mattaes early on and hoped we could facilitate a deal but Izak was always our number one priority. As for those that claimed we didn't rate him and we had red flags on him....brahahahaha.

As it turned out Essendon were very very unlikely to accept the deal because they had settled on taking one of either Tsatas or Phillipou.
You have your source who said we were willing to give up a future first and a pick 20; Twomey has his source that said we were interested in Phillipou if it was a future first; Volbeat has his source that said we had red flags; and I know someone who heard directly that we had concerns.

Maybe it's all true and maybe none is.

I do know we put our pick 5 on the table the first day of trade week. I guess that means whatever people think it means?

You have your source who said we were willing to give up a future first and a pick 20; Twomey has his source that said we were interested in Phillipou if it was a future first; Volbeat has his source that said we had concerns; and I know someone who heard directly that we had concerns.

I do know we put our pick 5 on the table the first day of trade week. I guess that means whatever people think it means?
You were wrong just admit it...!

TAFKATMS word is good enough for me and backs up everything I'd heard..

You can go on believing whatever you want, you said we had no interest which has been well and truly blown out of the water.

You have your source who said we were willing to give up a future first and a pick 20; Twomey has his source that said we were interested in Phillipou if it was a future first; Volbeat has his source that said we had red flags; and I know someone who heard directly that we had concerns.

Sensational diversion

Was posted on afl.com on 23 Aug that Izak asked for a trade to Crows and Trade week started 4 Oct - just sayin' ...

TAFKATMS said one of our 2nds was also on the table and I'm taking his word for it every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I remember several posters at certain stages were calling it bullshit we were even interested in facilitating a deal to get Mattaes. Red flags my ass.

That makes it clear we weren’t right in the mix, and Melbourne was not dangling 3 firsts, and we weren’t serious players at all

You can go on believing whatever you want, you said we had no interest which has been well and truly blown out of the water.

That article blows you out of the water. Delusional to think it supports all your fantastical spam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha it certainly does not! 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Come on hotshot

You’re the one that was saying how good next years draft is and how clubs were fighting to get in it - all of which is true to some degree

But how do you explain us trying to get out of our potential top 6 pick in next years draft for a pick as low as 10 this year to grab Phillipou ?

You won’t answer so I’m wasting my time

If you want to refute what Twomey is saying then tell us the story according to you and some evidence to back it up

Stop being such a fence sitter splinters , give us an argument and back it up big boy

Amazing that MetricSystem and Volbeat were the actual ones posting rumours from sources, but it's you porkchops still on here arguing about it. Makes you wonder why more people don't post what they hear.
Exactly what I’m doing , backing up Metric systems info which was spot on from start to finish

I also heard the same story re Phillipou from one of the analytics guys pre the draft and shared it privately with at least 3 posters … lined up exactly with what metric system was saying

Exactly what I’m doing , backing up Metric systems info which was spot on from start to finish

I also heard the same story re Phillipou from one of the analytics guys pre the draft and shared it privately with at least 3 posters … lined up exactly with what metric system was saying
Yep as usual TMS is da man!

That article blows you out of the water. Delusional to think it supports all your fantastical spam
I must have read the wrong article. I said Adelaide had offered a F1 and (NM) F2 to Essendon for their pick 4.

Where in the article is that refuted aside from mentioning that we offered a F1?

Exactly one week before the draft Justin Reid called Dodoro and offered the F1 and NM F2 for pick 4. Dodoro said it was not enough. I'm not sure we had too many options up our sleeve after that.

Last edited:
Amazing that MetricSystem and Volbeat were the actual ones posting rumours from sources, but it's you porkchops still on here arguing about it. Makes you wonder why more people don't post what they hear.
I think I've provided enough info over the years to suggest that I do have some sources but some posters still feel the need to be snide, dismissive and condescending. The usual suspects.

If you don't believe it, fine. Move on. I'm passing on information I've been given that's come directly from sources at the club about what is going on behind the scenes.

Well, we know from what Twomey said that what you and Metric System were saying is wrong.

We only offered a first, nothing more, and even then we don't know if we wanted anything else back. We DO know we weren't offering any more ourselves.

Just admit that you and Metric were wrong and got over excited. ;)

I must have read the wrong article. I said Adelaide had offered a F1 and (NM) F2 to Essendon for their pick 4.

Where in the article is that refuted aside from mentioning that we offered a F1?

Exactly one week before the draft Justin Reid called Dodoro and offered the F1 and NM F2 for pick 4. Dodoro said it was not enough. I'm not sure we had too many options up our sleeve after that.
You should call Twomey and tell him he's wrong.

Well, we know from what Twomey said that what you and Metric System were saying is wrong.

We only offered a first, nothing more, and even then we don't know if we wanted anything else back. We DO know we weren't offering any more ourselves.

Poor old Kristof now doubling down to look even sillier...fine by me.

We offered a first and a second. If Volbeat was here he'd confirm that, but he's not. Wonder why??

Almost ready to block you, like talking to a child.

Back